Title pending no more! Capt Jack kissed my daughter-01/29 update, no pics yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying I've ever done or would do this but.......:rolleyes1 my dh works really odd hours and is often sleep deprived. I've had conversations with him about things when he's dead to the world and then later say, don't you remember us talking about it????? Of course that's a horrible thing to do.................................................:laughing:

:lmao: Add to it right after "relations" and I might be able to upgrade to a deluxe! :rotfl:

Tracy, thanks for :goodvibes Where is :charac4: I know he's registered here!

Update: I am currently on hold with Disney trying to get a Princess lunch ADR. They have the best on hold music!

:lmao: Add to it right after "relations" and I might be able to upgrade to a deluxe! :rotfl:

Tracy, thanks for :goodvibes Where is :charac4: I know he's registered here!

Update: I am currently on hold with Disney trying to get a Princess lunch ADR. They have the best on hold music!

I LOVE the hold music! Good luck and let me know if you get the ADR!

I think :charac4: is at lunch. I'm sure he will post later!

LMHO about the deluxe! Poor :firefight doesn't stand a chance against the combined evil genius of all of us Disney geeks!

:lmao: :lmao: He doesn't stand a snowball's chance in heck!

:rotfl: And knowing my luck he is reading this. One of his :firefight partners plays VMK and is registered here. :lmao:

Tracy, the hold music is the best. :thumbsup2

Update: ADR for the Princess lunch set for 9/20 at 11:20. We will have an early breakfast, head to EPCOT and then dine with royalty. ;) Cape May has been cancelled as well for 9/19. It will be WPExpress for dinner in DTD and them DQ with our friends.

Major update: So as you know I have dropped little hints here and there about this pending trip; random texts and info. :angel: My plan of attack was to approach DH tomorrow. I was going to get my game face on and do this thing already. Well.........tonight he says, in side swipe fashion: So tell me about WDW and how is it only going to be near the same cost as Disneyland?!!!!!!! :eek: I was so unprepared although I have thought about it non stop for weeks, at this moment, I was not ready.

I freeze. I don't know what to say. I feel like Ralphie in A Christmas Story when he is too frozen to ask Santa for the Red Rifle BB Gun. Then it happened, verbal vomit all over the place:

Me: Reeeeally? You really want to know? :woohoo:

DH: Sure.

Me: Okay, well...........I go through the numbers, the flight, the FREE food. This is where he stops me.

DH: Nothing is free. :rolleyes:

Me: But it is and let me show you all of the fantastic places we will eat!

At this point I show him the California Grill menu.

DH: Hmm, bread and salad. :sad2:

I show him the F! Package with MM for dinner.

DH: Ooooo goody. Haven't we seen F! before? :rolleyes:

I try to find pics of the CRT meal. I can't so I go for castle pictures.

DH: Neato. :rolleyes:

I show pics of the POR. He mimics everything I say. Ooo, pool. Ooo, bridge. Ooo, hotel.

Then I go for showing him the parks. I start with AK. Before the page loads.............DH: Skip it.

:sad:

At this point he loses interest and asks if he can show me something. At first I thought he was going to show me our bank balance :rotfl: but instead it's a picture of the Redwoods in Nor Cal.

Me: But is there a tree swing, any rides? :lmao:

We looked at trees.

Me: So I take it you don't want to do any Disney this year?

DH: Well, haven't we done it enough. We have done it the last 3 years.

Me: Actually we haven't. We didn't go last year. I went to see my dad and took Chloe but it was centered around my dad, not Disney. It wasn't the family.

DH: Give me some time to think about this. The yard is never going to get done, is it?!

And here I sit in even more limbo.

AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGH!!!!!!

Waiting...hugs to you...do you need a tissue???

Hugs and pixie dust your way!!

AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGH!!!!!!

Waiting...hugs to you...do you need a tissue???

Hugs and pixie dust your way!!

Thanks Jennifer! :grouphug:

At least it's out there now. I won't push. The thought of no Disney this year though is inconceivable really. My inner child needs some Disney this year! :upsidedow The world would be a better place if we nourished our inner children! :hippie:

I hope he says yes!!! That would be great!!
I had called my mother to tell her about the free dining and she was hooked instantly! She made me call my dad and tell him about it and he was said "Sure." I am so glad that we are going! I cant wait! Hope your hubby makes his mind up and says YES!!!

:tinker: is flying over Utah with some much needed Pixie Dust!!

At this point he loses interest and asks if he can show me something. At first I thought he was going to show me our bank balance :rotfl: but instead it's a picture of the Redwoods in Nor Cal.

Me: But is there a tree swing, any rides? :lmao:

We looked at trees.

Me: So I take it you don't want to do any Disney this year?

DH: Well, haven't we done it enough. We have done it the last 3 years.

Me: Actually we haven't. We didn't go last year. I went to see my dad and took Chloe but it was centered around my dad, not Disney. It wasn't the family.

DH: Give me some time to think about this. The yard is never going to get done, is it?!

And here I sit in even more limbo.

Oh NOOO! Maybe you could mention that the kids will appreciate the redwoods more when they're older?

Poor you! I so can not see you looking at giant trees on vacation after all the planning you put in to this!

I still have my fingers crossed that he'll come around! :goodvibes I was torn between :rotfl2: at your post and :( at it's content. I think the "thinking about it" is a good sign, don't you? At least he didn't say no way!

I hope he says yes!!! That would be great!!
I had called my mother to tell her about the free dining and she was hooked instantly! She made me call my dad and tell him about it and he was said "Sure." I am so glad that we are going! I cant wait! Hope your hubby makes his mind up and says YES!!!

:tinker: is flying over Utah with some much needed Pixie Dust!!

:goodvibes Thank you! Maybe your mom could call my hubby?! ;)

winkers, about the trees, Gabby looked at the pic and said "Oh, cool. So can we go to WDW?". :love: I love her!

Tracy, I feel ya. I don't know whether to laugh or cry either. When he went for the laptop and pulled up trees I wanted to :rotfl: until I realized he was serious! Clearly, we are at odds with what the family vacation will be this year.

Update: My plan is to play it cool and leave the brochures of WDW laying around ever so subtly. I don't think hubby is dumb, quite smart in fact, but I like the subliminal idea! Fortunately, I have until August 1st to cancel, *gasp*, without penalty.

Or maybe when we visit the big trees in July, I will act overjoyed and tell him that if I hadn't been so reluctant, I could have enjoyed the planning of seeing big trees. pirate:

Trinkets, part 1: winkers post made me think, hey, maybe people do like to read about the little trinkets we buy in anticipation of the trip?! :thumbsup2

~ Glow bracelets. I got Gabby Ariel and I got Chloe Tink. They are really cute and while the girls are sort of over the Princesses while at home, fuggetaboutit when at Disney. They are enamored!

~ Light up pens. They are for drawing not autographs. I have learned that for autographs, fat markers work the best. I will pick up some Disney coloring books for the plane. Chloe got Pooh, of course. Gabby got Piglet and Joshua got Tigger.

~ Home made, kick butt autograph books. A couple of years back I bought Creative Memories 7x7 Mickey icon photo albums with the intent of making autograph books. This year I will make them before our warped-reality trip. :banana:

~ Character bubble blowers. They can use these in the pool or while waiting in line. I have learned that Dum-Dums and bubbles are universal as far as entertainment goes. Chloe got Pooh, Joshua got Buzz, and Gab got Ariel.

~ Jack Skellington sweatshirts for DH and DS. Not matching but really cute none the less.

I am going to make some shirts on Zazzle too. I might even make matching ones. :scared1: Generally it goes against everything in my being to wear matching anything but when it's Disney, Glamour's Fashion Dont's are Do's!

Thanks for still reading along. :goodvibes Up next, Itinerary, Days 7-10. :woohoo:

I love hearing about all the stuff everyone buys! It helps me prove to dh that I'm not totally insane! It's amazing what disney does to a normally rational level headed mature person!:laughing:

I love hearing about all the stuff everyone buys! It helps me prove to dh that I'm not totally insane! It's amazing what disney does to a normally rational level headed mature person!:laughing:

Me too! I love reading about the fun trinkets and Disney deals.

We are Jewish and yes we do a holiday tree. :rotfl: Anyway last year at DisneyShopping their ornaments were waaaay marked down and I bought 6 of their Storybook sets along with Mickey icon silver balls and a few random characters. This year our entire tree will be Disney. It is going to be so magical! Heck, our Menorah is Mickey Mouse! :cool2:

Itinerary, Day 6 revised: Allrighty, let's focus on what I can do and not what I can't do which is talk DH into WDW at the moment. ;) Looked closely at some menus and changed some ADRs around. Today we will do EPCOT in the morning as planned and then do an early seating of the Princess lunch in Norway. That is so funny to say and type for some reason. After a little rest and perhaps a swim it's off to MGM for Mama Melrose and F!, which DH said we have seen before. Whatevah! It's great everytime and I wonder if WDW's is the same as Disneyland's?

Itinerary, Day 7: Today is :charac4: s birthday. I know he reads this so I cannot post too much about the day. Today though my family is going to Blizzard Beach in the morning. The photos look so neat! Lottoawatta Lodge looks good for lunch. This brings me to the fact that I will have to get into a swim suit. :sick: The thought makes me ill. Recently, I have lost 16 lb. :woohoo: and still have a few more to go. My goal is July so I am hoping by September, it will be long gone. Losing weight is difficult and reading the menus here daily does not help. Anyway after the water park it's on to the Coral Reef in EPCOT for Keith's birthday dinner. This place was his choice and it looks really good. I really want a tank side table so I will probably get there early and wait. EPCOT has EMH tonight so I think we will try to hang out. This will also be another chance to view Illuminations in case we missed it on Day 2.

Itinerary, Day 8: Today is up in the air and I am thinking we will sleep in after the late night in EPCOT. I know it's a shock coming from me but at this point we will have visited each park and if it were just up to me, we'd spend the rest of the time in MK. I know we have never been but I do know myself and while I bet the other parks have their benefits, the magic lies near the castle. It is going to be very strange to not have the Matterhorn as a landmark though. TGM says that any park in the morning is fine today so truly we will play it by ear. If DH does do the triathlon then he might be in need of a laid back day. If not, maybe he will golf today and the kids and I will hit the pool. The possibilities are endless really. Lunch will be at a CS wherever we end up. I am sure I will come up with a bazillion scenarios before we even leave. :yay:

Dinner though is set for CRT inside the MK with our party of 10. I have read that the food sucks but the ambiance is the best. I don't know when we would ever get back to WDW because Disneyland is so much closer so we have to take advantage of this opportunity. Wishes is at 9:00 pm that night so we might make it. Not sure though how early you need to save a spot for Wishes or how many good viewing spots there are. Luckily, we will have :charac4: with us who rivals TGM with his knowledge of WDW, or so he thinks. pirate:

Geez Jenny! We have to convince DH! Look how great your plan looks!

WDW F! is pretty different from DL's. I like DL's WAY better, but it is still an incredible show if you don't compare the two! The seating at WDW is awesome!

Love reading about your trinkets!

Geez Jenny! We have to convince DH! Look how great your plan looks!

WDW F! is pretty different from DL's. I like DL's WAY better, but it is still an incredible show if you don't compare the two! The seating at WDW is awesome!

Love reading about your trinkets!

:hug: We do have to convince him! Our plans are so fabulous, it will pain me to not go.

Hmm, then I can tell DH he hasn't seen F!!

I am checking out the golf courses, just in case, and it seems they only have one date available for golf- the 27th and we'll be gone. :( Maybe the site is acting funny because showing only one available day seems loco to me.

Itinerary, Day 9: Today is the day of the WDW Triathlon so depending if DH does it, this day could vary greatly. I have different plans just in case. :dance3:

Solid plan: we have ADRs for Chef Mickey's with the whole gang for dinner so that's a go! The day however is totally up the air.

If DH does the tri then I will go watch him in the morning and :charac4: and :tink: will meet me near the finish with the kids so they can see him cross the finish line. He will need only a little break because he is in phenominal shape and we'll go from there.

If he doesn't do the tri, then the afternoon is up for grabs. Depending on what park we visit the day before, AK or EPCOT we will probably do the other today. If AK then I am thinking the Restrauntosaurus for lunch because I will need some McDonald's fries by now! If we do EPCOT then maybe Yakitori House. I am really looking forward to Chef Mickey's. I :love: the Fab 5!!!!

I do believe this is the most interesting pre trip report I have ever read. Totally relating to talking the DH into the "plan". been there done that.

I have to admit to having trouble following you all over the "World" tho. . you really seem to be hopping a lot. We always park hop , but not for meals, just usually at end of one day over to another park with later hours. Have you looked at all the transportation times? Again, I keep thinking, it's a big place, is she getting that? hehe

also, we are wiped out after a water park all day but then again we are not running triathalons aorund here or keeping up with those who do!

TS meals take a long time. . .

oh dear. don't mean to sound negative, I'm sitting here rooting you on with your "campaign" and do so hope it happens.

will be checking back in soon! loving it so far.

I do believe this is the most interesting pre trip report I have ever read. Totally relating to talking the DH into the "plan". been there done that.

I have to admit to having trouble following you all over the "World" tho. . you really seem to be hopping a lot. We always park hop , but not for meals, just usually at end of one day over to another park with later hours. Have you looked at all the transportation times? Again, I keep thinking, it's a big place, is she getting that? hehe

also, we are wiped out after a water park all day but then again we are not running triathalons aorund here or keeping up with those who do!

TS meals take a long time. . .

oh dear. don't mean to sound negative, I'm sitting here rooting you on with your "campaign" and do so hope it happens.

will be checking back in soon! loving it so far.

:thumbsup2 I love the feedback and appreciate you reading along! I am really lost as to much we will actually hop. I know midday breaks will be a must. My first mistake was to make ADRs before knowing what park we would be in. :upsidedow And any insights in how to talk DH into this, please enlighten me. The current plan is to let it be for a bit. After the big tree fiasco, I don't know that my heart could take it. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter