Title pending no more! Capt Jack kissed my daughter-01/29 update, no pics yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did & I love it!! Get ready though - very time consuming but I know you, like me, love to plan....I just can't get away - I have to find out everything I can...:cool2:

I think I went thru a whole printer cartridge printing out everything I "need" from that site! Oh, and I do enjoy a good:banana: now and then!;)

We did & I love it!! Get ready though - very time consuming but I know you, like me, love to plan....I just can't get away - I have to find out everything I can...:cool2:

You are not kidding. Holy Hannah, there is a ton of information! :surfweb: I see many late nights in my future.

The kids are playing with their friends here now so it might be the perfect time to explore TGM's advice for moi. I think I :love: TGM (along with Gene Wilder and David Letterman)!

Please send in the troops if I do not return. How do people go to WDW for the first time without planning?

popcorn:: Here I goooooooooooooooooo................(a la Peter Pan).

You are not kidding. Holy Hannah, there is a ton of information! :surfweb: I see many late nights in my future.

The kids are playing with their friends here now so it might be the perfect time to explore TGM's advice for moi. I think I :love: TGM (along with Gene Wilder and David Letterman)!

Please send in the troops if I do not return. How do people go to WDW for the first time without planning?

popcorn:: Here I goooooooooooooooooo................(a la Peter Pan).

I knew you'd love it!!! I don't know how poeple do it either - not planning and all :confused3 but they are the ones I see leaving the parks all disgusted when we are having the tiomes of our life. :dance3:

I knew you'd love it!!! I don't know how poeple do it either - not planning and all :confused3 but they are the ones I see leaving the parks all disgusted when we are having the times of our life. :dance3:

I know! :banana:

I almost have a preliminary plan with parks and ADRs. Some of my ADR choices with regard to park crowds ain't looking so hot. :sad1:

Anyone think I should let DH in on this secret? :lmao: When is finally gives me the okay, it will all be planned! I know he'll thank me later! :love:

Why I chose the POR: When the trip was set for May 2009 I had every intention of renting DVC points and that's initially why I came to DIS. A very sweet friend from another board guided me here. I have come to find out that she and her little princess: might be able to join us on this trip. :woohoo: She is just one of those really kind people, unlike me. :rotfl:

After I found out that DVC renters cannot do the Free DDP, that went out of the window. I was checking on the WDW website and found the Wilderness Cabins which I really liked but priced them wrong and got my heart set on them for nothing. :charac4: vetoed them immediately. He's sort of an urban dweller and not quite the cabin type guy. ;) His very sweet GF was fine either way. She is very easy to get along with and I am eager to meet her kidlets.

Anyway, the POR seemed the best value for a family of 5. Remember in order to take this unexpected trip, my goal was to keep the price as close to Disneyland's as possible. Both families will staying at the POR and I am hoping our rooms are close. They are taking the red-eye so they will get to check in much sooner. My plan is to call about a week ahead of time and request rooms nearby. I still need to investigate which building would suit my family best. I think we will enjoy the theming. It's not as Disney as I would like but the grounds look pretty and well maintained.

History on the friendship: :charac4: and I have been friends for just over 3 years. He has traveled to Disneyland with my family a few times and been here to Utah 3x to visit us. The kids adore him and DH has really grown to like him. We met through a mutual friend, who we are no longer friends with, long story for another time, and have been really close since. He's like the annoying little brother I never had. He is very happy with :tink: and it's so nice to be around them. They really compliment each other.

A little about my Mousketeers: It's amazing how 3 children raised in the same family can be so different.

Gabby is 10 y/o. She takes piano and soccer. She is 10 going on 17. She's very pretty, probably too pretty for her own good. I see painful days ahead for me and DH trying to fight off the boys. The good news is that she is snotty as she is pretty which might work to our advantage. She is a snuggler. Ever since she was a baby she loves to be loved on. She is emotional and PMSy already. Moody like her dad and witty like me. :rotfl: She enjoys music and her friends and has a heart of gold. She is a softy for the underdog just like me. She is justice orientated and likes to right the wrongs!

Chloe is 8 y/o. She is my little lovebug. Literally she is tiny, little. She is currently undergoing IM treatment for IGF-1 deficiency. Basically her liver cannot effectively utilize her growth hormone. It has taken over 4 years to figure out why she is so small. She has to two take shots twice daily for the next 8 years. She is a fighter and has the strongest sense of self, more than anyone I have ever met. She has an old soul, wise beyond her years. She is also a comedienne. She is a riot and not always at the best time. She's chatty too and loves candy. Green Day is her favorite band. She has a style all her own and I see a little punk rocker in the making.

Joshua is 5 y/o and mommy's little boy. I could love him up all day. He is growing too fast and told me the other day Mom, you cannot love on me when I am playing soccer. I am a sports guy on the field and your guy at home. Shoot me now. He is funny and oh so sensitive like his daddy. He loves to play and take baths. He could sit in the bath all day long. He is spoiled with attention from all of us. He has long hair like his dad because he says that chicks dig long hair. He told his teacher this at parent/teacher conferences and she wanted to kiss his lips off.

Now about DH: He is the love of my life, really. I met him and knew instantly that we would be married. He was wearing jeans with an ironed on picture of U2, had long hair, and was hot. Still is. He does triathlons and is a firefighter- told ya he was hot. He is moody like no other but funny and sensitive and caring. He is a good father, a strong man. He is quiet when upset unlike me and likes time to think before he speaks, unlike me. ;) He loves music and is an amazing chef and makes a mean Margarita. Used to teach snowboarding and is good at everything he does. He is supportive and patient and honest. But he doesn't think we need to visit Disney as often as we do. Can't have it all. :lmao:

Itinerary, Day 1:

We leave SLC quite early and after a transfer/layover we arrive at MCO at 6:30. ME will take us to the POR and although I would love to visit MK immediately, I know the kids will be beat and need to decompress after being cooped up all day. So we will check in and drop off the bags. Dinner will be the POR Mill Food Court. Not glamorous but I figure they can swim while DH or I grab some food and bring it to the pool. I am hoping they'll crash by 10 pm or so.

Feels good to have Day 1 done. :banana: It's banana time!

Okay...I didn't want to do another TR...but I started reading and couldn't stop!!!

I'm in...I'm in...I'm in!!!!

Okay...I didn't want to do another TR...but I started reading and couldn't stop!!!

I'm in...I'm in...I'm in!!!!

Thanks Jennifer! I promise you won't be disappointed. Telling DH the news and his reaction will be worth it alone. :lmao:

Itinerary, Day 2: It has to be MK, it just has to be! Let me give you a little history.

History: I grew up going to Disneyland. My father and I would go at least once a week to ride IASW, the Subs, the Matterhorn, and POTC. I grew up just 10 minutes from Disneyland, I was an only child and it was just me and my dad most of the time! I have very strong emotional ties to Disneyland and didn't even go into California Adventure until it had been open a few years. It's just so un-Disney, or so I thought. I was a Disneyland purist until I had kids. Even now I feel a little iffy visiting WDW; goofy, I know. Anyway, I have to do the classics: CoP, CBJ, and the People Mover (I think that's what MK calls it).

Thanks for humoring me with some nostalgia. :)

Itinerary, Day 2, Part 2: MK has EMH for "little ones" from 8 am- 9 am whatever that means so I thought we'd give it a whirl even if it's just a Playhouse Disney meet n greet type thing. I am still working on the order of attractions but at least I know where I want to be.

We have lunch ADRs for all 10 of us in EPCOT at Le Cellier which I am really looking forward to. I have read a lot of complimentary things about it. Not too keen on ditching MK at 11:00 am but what's a girl to do?! Looks like the bus will take about 20 minutes or so. Leaving at 11:00 should give us plenty of time. Oh, did I mention I am also chronically early too? I know, you are shocked! :lmao:

After lunch I think we will stay at EPCOT. Again, not sure what's there but I do know that Illuminations is at 9:00 pm so if the kids can handle it we will stay through. If not, we will stay as long as they can, have dinner at Cantina de San Angel and call it good.

I read that WDW rents double strollers which will be a blessing. Disneyland does not. DD 8 gets tired rather quickly and will sit in a stroller. She also looks and weighs like a 5 y/o so it's no biggie. DS 5 also digs a stroller. By having one it allows DD 10 to stay all day like she enjoys. Everyone is a winner! :banana:

Telling DH the news and his reaction will be worth it alone. :lmao:

popcorn::

So, have you decided how to break the news to him yet? I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you do! Hey, maybe you should send him a singing telegram! Do they even do those anymore?...........I'll be there next month, I could do it free of charge!!!:lmao:

So, have you decided how to break the news to him yet? I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you do! Hey, maybe you should send him a singing telegram! Do they even do those anymore?...........I'll be there next month, I could do it free of charge!!!:lmao:

I love it! :rotfl2: My Disney board geekiness does not surprise him so meeting another one of my Disney obsessed pals would be good by him.

He did find our ressie papers and said nothing until I text him with some cheap flight info. He said "oh, what does that mean?". :laughing:

When I first found out I was pregnant I called him on the phone and I was bawling. It freaked him out until I got calm enough to speak. He was under the impression something horrible had happened because I was hysterical. When he found out I was pregnant he was relieved. Maybe I should try that tactic again?

He has long hair like his dad because he says that chicks dig long hair. He told his teacher this at parent/teacher conferences and she wanted to kiss his lips off.

Now about DH: He is the love of my life, really. I met him and knew instantly that we would be married. He was wearing jeans with an ironed on picture of U2, had long hair and was hot.

Sounds like Joshua is right about the long hair..:lmao:

OMGosh! Best idea evah thanks to NickP33's pre-trip report. DH does triathlons, I mean he really does them. We have one in about 3 weeks and then he is doing the Ironman in Sonoma in July. The WDW triathlon is Sept. 23!!!:cheer2: This might get me there yet! I am going to sell him on the triathlon part. Forget the kids being little only once. Forget me needing a real vacation so badly I could spit. Forget meeting good friends for a magical time. The tri is how I am going to sell it.

:thumbsup2 NickP33, you will never know, unless you read this, how you have helped!!!

Wish me luck kids. I'm going in. pixiedust:

roxannensteve, I am a sucker for long hair! But not long mullet flyaway hair. Thick beautiful dark hair.

Update: I sent DH and email with the link to the WDW triathlon and text him to check his email. He wrote back: I know. :rolleyes: This is like pulling teeth.

Itinerary, Day 3: If the Illuminations plan works out then I am thinking the kids will need to sleep a bit this morning. We'll have a little brekkie in the room and then head over to MGM. The Stars and Cars event is there at 3:00 and I know DS would love that! Pizza Planet looks like fun for lunch.

Later that day we will head to MK and stay for the fireworks at 9:00 pm. We will go to Cosmic Ray's for dinner.

Itinerary, Day 4: MK all day baybee! :woohoo: I will need a full day by this time, I just know it. Disneyland's Village Haus sucks but I hear WDW's is so much better so we will give it a go. Tonight we have ADRs for the California Grill at 7:20 pm. I cannot believe we got them. When I called to make them the CM laughed, out loud, and then just about choked when she found this. She said the Free DDP was making the restaurants fill quickly. Can't wait for the California Grill! :thumbsup2 The CM said to arrive early and ask for a window seat.

Itinerary, Day 5: Unless the kids swim after dinner the night before it will be a fairly early night so we will hit AK by opening. I have read/heard mixed reviews on AK being only a half day park but from what I have seen, I think my kids will enjoy it immensely. EE is there and looks fantastic and scary! :scared1: Mickey's Jungle Jammin' Parade is at 4:00 too. Lunch will be at the Flame Tree BBQ.

Now tonight is up in the air and was going to be dinner at Cape May and then we were going to meet our friends at Disney Quest. But now I am thinking of canceling Cape May, doing Woflgang Puck's Express for dinner in DTD, and heading to DQ after. I am really leaning towards the latter. :tink: told me the kids can make their own lightsabers in DTD for $20. DS 5 would love this! :yay:

Itinerary, Day 6: I am really looking forward to today. In the morning we will go to EPCOT. I am going to try and make ADRs for the Princess meal in Norway for lunch and that's why I am canceling Cape May. The kids love buffets but DH is not a big fan and 5 would just be too many to stomach. After our midday break, if they need one, we will head to MGM for our Mama Melrose ADR and then F! at night. At Disneyland you have save a spot 90 minutes before the show to get a good seat. Showing up 30-45 minutes before will be fabulous! :cheer2:

Again, thanks for reading along so far. popcorn::

Just wanted to post some past pics of Disney fun:

p1010137.jpg

DS with Cinderella. Best shot ever!

p1010119.jpg

Chloe pulling the Sword out of the Stone.

591a8b51.jpg

A little holiday magic!

f975f4fa.jpg

Love this one!

:woohoo: I am SO excited! I am desperately trying to think of things to entice your DH into wanting to go! I really thought the triathalon would do it! We gotta think of something cause your itinerary justs looks way to good not to go!

I think the Norway lunch is a great idea! The girls would LOVE it! I can't wait to see our little padwans make their lightsabers! I mentioned it as a possibility to my guys and they flipped out! :idea: Hmmmmm..... maybe I could use it to bribe them into a princess lunch! :lmao:

Great pre-trip report, :hippie: !

:woohoo: I am SO excited! I am desperately trying to think of things to entice your DH into wanting to go! I really thought the triathalon would do it! We gotta think of something cause your itinerary justs looks way to good not to go!

I think the Norway lunch is a great idea! The girls would LOVE it! I can't wait to see our little padwans make their lightsabers! I mentioned it as a possibility to my guys and they flipped out! :idea: Hmmmmm..... maybe I could use it to bribe them into a princess lunch! :lmao:

Great pre-trip report, :hippie: !

Yay!!!!!!!!!! :hug: So glad you are here. For anyone still reading along this is :tink: in this pre-trip report. We are so weird! :lmao: DH comes off of a 48 today so tonight we will have a little chat! Need some more of the pixiedust:

:goodvibes Thank you winkers. DS wore her red lips on his cheek all day. :love:

Yay!!!!!!!!!! :hug: So glad you are here. For anyone still reading along this is :tink: in this pre-trip report. We are so weird! :lmao: DH comes off of a 48 today so tonight we will have a little chat! Need some more of the pixiedust:

:goodvibes Thank you winkers. DS wore her red lips on his cheek all day. :love:

I'm not saying I've ever done or would do this but.......:rolleyes1 my dh works really odd hours and is often sleep deprived. I've had conversations with him about things when he's dead to the world and then later say, don't you remember us talking about it????? Of course that's a horrible thing to do.................................................:laughing:

You know, I was just reading your top 10 reason's your hubby will give to veto the trip and Florida has beaches.... I mean, I can't imagine leaving WDW to go to the beach, but if you think it will sway DH....... And it's a whole new ocean! lol. I know, I know, still grasping at straws.......

I'll have to think harder..... Lots of :goodvibes coming your way for the chat tonight!

I'm not saying I've ever done or would do this but.......:rolleyes1 my dh works really odd hours and is often sleep deprived. I've had conversations with him about things when he's dead to the world and then later say, don't you remember us talking about it????? Of course that's a horrible thing to do.................................................:laughing:

:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter