Title pending no more! Capt Jack kissed my daughter-01/29 update, no pics yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
I hope I don't jinx myself! I have 2 pre-trip reports; one for WDW and one for Disneyland. One of them will come true! :woohoo:

History: Originally, our first trip to WDW was going to be May 2009 for my 40th birthday but then Disney had to send me that stinkin' email with the much coveted PIN attached. Their marketers are genius!

The night I received the email, I ran it by DH (Disney muggle turned appreciator) and he was ambivalent at best. I think his exact words were whatever. Who says whatever when presented with a first time trip to WDW? I also mentioned it to the kidlets. Guess what their reaction was? :yay:

Then I ran it by my good friend who is a Disney freak like myself. He said that he and his girlfriend and her kids were in, just like that! :cheer2:

Reality took a backseat, still laying there unresponsive, and I began researching and obsessing about WDW. I know, hard to imagine. :rotfl: Anyway, I called the next day and booked the trip! Was I out of my mind? Am I out of my mind?

Booked it for September 2007 on the off chance I could turn this dream into a reality.

This is what DH gets for marrying a dreamer :hippie:

Cast of characters:

Me (38) :hippie:
DH (41) :firefight
DD (10) :stitch:
DD (8) pooh:
DS (6) pirate:

Friend (32) :charac4:
Friend's GF, now my friend (36) :tink:
DD (14) princess:
DS (8) pirate:
DS (6) pirate:

And for a portion of the trip.................

Friend (33) ::MinnieMo
Friend's DH (34) ::MickeyMo
DS (8) pirate:
DS (6) pirate:
DD (3) princess:

Can you say Grand Gathering?

Over the course of the few days :charac4: and I talked daily about this possible trip. Would it mean no WDW in 2009 for my birthday? Could we all afford it? Will this put off all of our summer plans? What about the kids' school?

A week later, they booked their trip.

All of us POR, 10 nights in September!

It's been 3 weeks and DH doesn't know I booked the trip. :rolleyes1

Much more to come.......................popcorn::

Page 1, post 2: The playahs.

Page 1, post 13: Initial ADRs.

Page 2, post 25: A little hx.

Page 3, post 34: Pictures.

Page 4, post 45: Big trees.

Page 8, post 115: Pictures.

Page 11: Only children, Jews, and therapy; oh my!

Page 12, post 180: DH gives in!

Post 194: Grad party.

Page 17, post 255: Pictures.

Page 19, post 273: Keith dresses up for fun.

Page 19, post 280: Chloe's dx.

Page 26, post 388: More friends go to WDW!

Page 27: Pictures.

Page 28: Pictures and temporary insanity.

Page 34: Keith has "rules".

Page 35, post 518: Picture.

Page 35, post 523: Jenna and family join the fun!

Page 40, post 597: I could have soaked the heads?

Page 41, post 609: No me gusto Frontier Air.

Page 42, post 629: Pictures.

Page 42, post 630: Updated dining plan.

Page 44, post 658: Jenna's dining plan.

Page 45: Gab's first try at a triathlon.

Page 47, post 697: DH- oh yeah!

Page 51: DH's restaurant reactions! :rotfl2:

Page 54, post 798: Tracy and her slippers. ;)

Page 56: Gab will have a bike and are we really revisiting the fireworks cruise?

Page 57, post 851: And the heads are rolling...........

Page 58, post 865: New bikinis for WDW!

Page 67, post 997: Mickey bathroom pictures.

Page 72: Updated itinerary.

Page 82: A tisket, a tasket, Sarah is making baskets!

Page 90, post 1345: Photos of baskets by Sarah!

Page 90: Jen's awesome bag book!!!

Page 96: Tutu and Cruise on!

Page 103, post 1543: We have tutu lift-off!

Page 104: POR pics!

Page 106: Goodie pics, a geat pic of Chloe, and a reluctant picture of me.

Page 117: A pic of me and Bevily during our mini mini meet.

Page 124, post 1852: Ch ch ch changes and face the strange, ch ch changes of the flight variety!

Page 124: My guy's new do.

Page 127, post 1897: Tracy's bag book by Jen!

Page 136, post 2026: Chloe and Keith, the interview.

Page 145: Poll added. DH says maybe there will be a surprise for me at WDW?!

Page 162: Yellowstone trip report.

Page 174, post 2064: We shoot, we score Hannah Montana tickets!

Page 175, post 2624: Updated itinerary.

Page 190, post 2824: Updated ADRs.

Page 195, post 2907: DH on boards after only 4 months.

Page 199: Traveling in style. I got us a limo to the airport!

Page 211: I get the smack down on the limo.

Page 216: Pics of new clothes and stuff.

Just wanted to add a few pics of said cast of characters:

visit062.jpg

This is DD 10 and :tink:

visit056.jpg

This is :charac4: with my two princess:

P6210151.jpg

Kids with Snoopy

P6200130.jpg

Fun at Disneyland

P6150095.jpg

DH and the kids

:banana: Not a banana fan but this worth the dancing banana: Friends/enablers who will be joining us in September found me airfare from SLC to MCO for $203 per person RT. They called my bluff of not wanting to spend more than $250 per RT ticket.

My mind is spinning, so much time, so little to do. Scratch that, so much to do, so little time (I heart Gene Wilder). First and foremost I have to sell this to DH soon. I have worked out budgets for both WDW in September and Disneyland in December. Care to see? Good. :cheer2:

Disneyland:
Hotel and tickets: MGM Grand in Vegas for one night on the way and then the PPH for 7 nights- theme park view with 5 day Hoppers= $2,740 We always spend 2 days at the beach.

Gas: $300

Food: About $900 to be safe

Souvenirs and extras: $500

WDW:
Hotel and tickets: 10 nights at the POR standard view with 10 day MYW w/ water feature: $3,130

Flights with insurance: $1073 for all 5 of us!!!

Food: FREE

Souvenirs and extras: $500

Disneyland= $4,440
WDW= $4,703

Only a $300 difference but not having to drive makes it priceless.

I can't believe you haven't told your dh yet!!!:rotfl2: I can't believe how little the $ difference between the 2 is. I can't wait to hear how you break the news to him!

I can't believe you haven't told your dh yet!!!:rotfl2: I can't believe how little the $ difference between the 2 is. I can't wait to hear how you break the news to him!

:rotfl: I know! I haven't a clue either. He knew about Disneyland in December so I am in the process of thinking of ways to con, er I mean, convince him to change from Disneyland to WDW! I have come up with a Top 10 list (I also heart David Letterman)!

Top 10 Reasons You (DH) Should Agree to WDW Over Disneyland:

10. Less money on better food.

9. Our kids won't think we are cool enough to hang out with forever.

8. Our very good friends will be joining us. They would be at Disneyland too. Maybe that's not a great one.

7. We get to fly! :woohoo: Even though I hate to fly. ;)

6. It's someplace new.

5. I promise to not make you do Disney again for at least 3 years. I will worry about this one next year. :rolleyes1

4. Longer trip for only a few hundred more $$.

3. It's not Utah. This one works for everything. :rotfl2:

2. So I will shut up about it already.

And the #1 reason we should visit WDW instead of Disneyland this year is:

My family doesn't live in Florida so we won't have to visit them! They live in So Cal so this one might be enough!

These are my guesstimates about DH's Top 10 Reasons To Say No:

10. $350 is a car payment.

9. Money doesn't grow on trees.

8. Ya know, we could do Mexico for a week for $3,000. I hate this one because its true.

7. Vegas is on the way to Disneyland. We :love: Vegas!

6. But Jenny, you hate to fly. I do but it's nothing a few Xanax won't cure. :angel:

5. The beach. This is a big one. We really miss the Pacific.

4. The kids will miss school. Weak because they will miss either way.

3. But Disneyland during the holidays is magical pixiedust: It is magical.

2. You are only going to spend $500 on extras? :rotfl2: <---DH belly laughing.

And the #1 reason that we should stick with the original plan is because we are going to Napa for a week in July and I can't take that much time off work and it won't give us anytime to save up money. I guess that's 3 reasons but he will use them as one big long run on!

How could I have forgotten DH's best excuse to date, ever...............Disneyland is their Hanukkah gift. :eek:

How could I have forgotten DH's best excuse to date, ever...............Disneyland is their Hanukkah gift. :eek:

Just mention that Disney world would be a way bigger Hanukkah gift just a little early! You could always just say that everythings booked and you can't cancel without loosing money??;) I'm lucky because my dh goes along with whatever new hairbrained plan I come up with.
What part of Utah are you from? The reason I ask is because I grew up there and most of my family is still there.

Just mention that Disney world would be a way bigger Hanukkah gift just a little early! You could always just say that everythings booked and you can't cancel without loosing money??;) I'm lucky because my dh goes along with whatever new hairbrained plan I come up with.
What part of Utah are you from? The reason I ask is because I grew up there and most of my family is still there.

I like the way you think! :thumbsup2

I am originally from So Cal and DH is from Northern Cal but we moved out here right after we got married; first to Farmington, then Layton, then Syracuse, and finally to Clinton which I am liking more than I thought I would (all Davis County) almost 14 years ago.

Where are you from?

Update: DH asked what was going on with WDW. He found my not well hidden reservation papers. :lmao: We chatted a little about it and he is in the process of considering it. I am waiting to pull out the final card of telling him that WDW will only be $300 more than Disneyland. What has him shocked is how much he thought Disneyland was going to be vs how much it would really cost! :scared1:

I needs lots of faith, trust, and pixiedust fellow DISers! pixiedust:

I like the way you think! :thumbsup2

I am originally from So Cal and DH is from Northern Cal but we moved out here right after we got married; first to Farmington, then Layton, then Syracuse, and finally to Clinton which I am liking more than I thought I would (all Davis County) almost 14 years ago.

Where are you from?

I grew up in weber county, mostly Hooper. My mom is now in riverdale and my siblings are in ogden. So pretty close to you! I'll be down there next month for the birth of my little sisters first baby. We drive down at least once a year usually twice.

Update: DH asked what was going on with WDW. He found my not well hidden reservation papers. :lmao: We chatted a little about it and he is in the process of considering it. I am waiting to pull out the final card of telling him that WDW will only be $300 more than Disneyland. What has him shocked is how much he thought Disneyland was going to be vs how much it would really cost! :scared1:

I needs lots of faith, trust, and pixiedust fellow DISers! pixiedust:

Start sending subliminal messages while he sleeps!:lmao:

My friend text me and told me the same flights that I booked yesterday for $1073 are $1775 today! Maybe I outta take this show to Vegas baybee!!!! I am feeling lucky! :cool2:

Because free dining was one of the major temptations maybe it's time I share our dining plans. Any comments and critique are welcome as I have never been to any of these places!

The dining plan:

Saturday: We will do a CS this night if we eat at all. Our plane is set to arrive at about 6:00 pm at MCO. Haven't a clue how long it takes to get from MCO to WDW. Any thoughts on CS at the POR?

Sunday: Lunch at Le Cellier with all 10 of us! :woohoo: CS for dinner someplace maybe the Villiage Haus in MK? It cannot be as bad as Disneyland's Village Haus!

Monday: We have Sci-Fi dinner ADRs but we might cancel them. I am one over on our TS and the menu doesn't look all that hot. MGM has extra hours that night so maybe we will do a good CS. Any suggestions? :confused:

Tuesday: We have ADRs for the California Grill to eat and watch the fireworks. The dining CM said our ADRs are for the perfect time too. We are really looking forward to this! :cheer2:

Wednesday: Cape May Cafe for dinner. I have read mixed reviews but it looks like fun.

Thursday: Mama Melrose for dinner with F!. We love Italian and the choices at WDW seem surprisingly limited for how many restaurants there are. I will need some good pasta/pizza by this point! :yay:

Friday: This is :charac4:'s birthday and he chose the Coral Reef for dinner. We don't eat shellfish anymore but on vacation all bets are off. Lobster tails, here I come! :cloud9:

Saturday: Dinner at CRT for all 10 of us. I am preparing myself for lousy food with great atmosphere. Does that about sum it up? :upsidedow

Is it my imagination or is the eating never ending?

Sunday: All 10 for dinner at Chef Mickey's. :dance3:

Monday: Our last night. Just writing about it makes me sad. Dinner at the Crystal Palace! Chloe adores pooh: and I think he is there.

Tuesday: Our flight doesn't leave until 7 pm so I am thinking we will do CS/snacks all day. I am not concerned with having to buy much OOP because usually when we go out DD 10 and I share and the little ones share. I was thinking it might even be hard to use all of the dining credits as it is.

So............that makes 3 buffets, one more than I would have liked but the kids love character meals and these look like the best. It was a toss between Chef Mickey's and Liberty Tree Tavern. I believe the characters are the same but the food is different???? We always do the Princess meals when at Disneyland but this year poor DS finally gets a say!

Anyway, there ya go. I also want to try Whispering Canyon Cafe, Jiko, Boma, Artist Point, and the Yachtsman Steakhouse but they will have to wait for the next trip.

I grew up in weber county, mostly Hooper. My mom is now in riverdale and my siblings are in ogden. So pretty close to you! I'll be down there next month for the birth of my little sisters first baby. We drive down at least once a year usually twice.

Hooper is just the next town over! Wow! It is a small world! Why did you move?

Hooper is just the next town over! Wow! It is a small world! Why did you move?

I met my dh while staying with relatives here in washington..........and the rest is history!:) How did you end up in Utah, work?

I'm not much help with the restraunts because I've only been to the world once! But we did try Coral Reef and Crystal Palace and really liked them both! Oh and LeCelier, loved the steak and pretzel bread! We really wanted to take our kids there but we couldn't get an adr unless it was for 2 tables and they couldn't guarantee them next to eachother. Oh and :lmao: was me when I saw that you have made your adrs before even telling your dh!!!

I met my dh while staying with relatives here in washington..........and the rest is history!:) How did you end up in Utah, work?

I'm not much help with the restraunts because I've only been to the world once! But we did try Coral Reef and Crystal Palace and really liked them both! Oh and LeCelier, loved the steak and pretzel bread! We really wanted to take our kids there but we couldn't get an adr unless it was for 2 tables and they couldn't guarantee them next to eachother. Oh and :lmao: was me when I saw that you have made your adrs before even telling your dh!!!

We went out to Utah to visit his parents who had retired here. We came for the snowboarding too. We really liked it and I had never lived any place but So Cal. He had been trying (prior to meeting me) to find a job as a firefighter in Orange County but due to political reasons he couldn't get a job. We thought let's try Utah since his folks were here. Two months later he was hired part time and the rest is history. It will be 14 years in August. :hug: The things we do for the men we fall in love with.

Thanks for the restaurant insight. It's so hard to choose when I feel clueless. Disneyland is so small and familiar that this is like learning a new language. Maybe that's why I am totally submerged? :lmao: And now I realized I did it backwards. I think most people choose their parks then make their ADRs which makes much more sense than what I did. :upsidedow

Any restaurants that you loved that are not on my list? I am open to suggestions.

I hope DH finds the same humor you do in all of this. :goodvibes

Dh & I loved Restraunt Marrakesh, it's so different from anything we can get where we live. We also loved the Biergarten. I really like german food! And my dh loves his sausage! I think we were the only adults there drinking rootbeer!:rotfl2:
Oh, and I also suggest you look into tour guide mike! He gives you what parks to do on which day, totally worth the $!

Dh & I loved Restraunt Marrakesh, it's so different from anything we can get where we live. We also loved the Biergarten. I really like german food! And my dh loves his sausage! I think we were the only adults there drinking rootbeer!:rotfl2:
Oh, and I also suggest you look into tour guide mike! He gives you what
parks to do on which day, totally worth the $!

:lmao: My neighbors love me because I always give the good rootbeer, IBC bottles, instead of the 2 liter of A&W! ;)

I think I am going to have to pony up for TGM! Rearranging my ADRs seems intense considering I don't even know which parks to visit on what days. :rotfl: All this planning is making me loopy!!!!!

roxannensteve, indeed! :woohoo: Knowing that we saved $700 must be a sign from the Disney Gods that we have to take this trip.

Next step: purchase TGM!

Next step part 2: Purchasing the Passporter. I am in Type A planning nirvana!!!!!! :banana:

I know, again with the banana.

Time to do some cleaning. :laundy:

Again, thanks for reading, posting, and enjoying this ride with me. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!