Tithe or Donate?

DMRick said:
Since she asked for non church people's answers (oops..and I answered anyway, since I really don't know what going to church has to do with her wanting to donate)

The part in ( ) didn't need to be included. It made it sound kind of critical.

I was asking non-members since I didn't know how they then gave. If they still donated money to their local church or donated money to charities instead. I was just curious what non-attenders do...

DMRick said:
Is this another tithe thread, or is the OP just asking if it's ok if she donates? I'm really not following this.

Since she asked for non church people's answers (oops..and I answered anyway, since I really don't know what going to church has to do with her wanting to donate) I assume tithing isn't her interest. If she wants to donate, she can just go ahead and donate. Any percent she wishes.

The first part is what I meant by "if you don't understand the question, then don't anwer". Why answer a post if you don't understand and then follow with the part about non-church having anything to do with it.

I know that a lot of people believe in giving to the church. I was curious about the people who don't attend regulary, do they still give to the church, other charities, or both...again, just curious...

It wasn't meant that way. I truly didn't understand what anyone going to church had to do with you donating elsewhere. For you to then say I'm always critical..was not nice IMO...especially when you followed that up with a note about shutting this thread, and how not nice people are. Maybe it's the way you are reading the many posts you are seeing that on. I certainly didn't think anything I said, made this a "not nice" post.
I guess I know so many people who give outside of church, to the city mission, united way, animal groups, salvation army, and the many people who call to ask for donations, it never occured to me, that someone wouldn't know where to give. And I'm not being snotty..it really didn't. We'd like less offers of chances to give ourselves. I didn't understand the question, so I asked what was meant. I figured if I didn't understand it, then possibly other's didn't either. I don't always understand what someone is asking. In this instance, you never mentioned the book and the plan, so I wasn't clear on what you wanted to know. Personally, and I could be wrong, I don't think many people who didn't attend church gave to a church (or at least non believers)..unless they are a non attending believing member and still wanted to support the church.

QUOTE=etwinchester]The part in ( ) didn't need to be included. It made it sound kind of critical.

I was asking non-members since I didn't know how they then gave. If they still donated money to their local church or donated money to charities instead. I was just curious what non-attenders do...[/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter