Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

After reading your review, yes, the Sanaa bread and wine would be a meal for me :laughing:. Poor Casey, blisters are no fun but Payless shoes can be so cute, I can relate :laughing:. That was so nice for that driver to shuttle you all back over to Jambo house.

Awesome!!!!! Hope you enjoy two of our all time favs. And your trip is so close!!! Where are you staying?

And please don't throw out your cheap frozen sandles. Surely someone with uncranky in their name can make due and rock those frozen candles like there is no tomorrow all over the world.

Staying at Pop 2 nights, Kidani 4 nights and VWL 6 nights. First week with friends, 2nd week w/family, super excited to eat and drink everything my Prilosec will
humanly allow:hyper:
Uncranky is more of a life goal that I have set for myself, I try my hardest, Disney trips, food and a fun cocktail help obtain this:laughing: I will try my Frozen shoes for you, in the pursuit of Uncrankiness, in the memory of every adorable but blister-inducing red Jelly shoe I wore as child of the 80's in WDW!!

I've been completely horrible at staying caught up.

You should at least try and stop by for some drinks in the lounge and the bread service if you can.

This was my question! Can you get the bread service in the lounge? We are staying at Kidani village July 1-4 and it would be a crying shame to be that close and not have the bread!!

:drinking1Happy Memorial Day Everyone!!! Hope everyone had a great day and experienced some of the same amazing weather we did. We spent the weekend in Jason's homeland (aka West Virginia) and it was a much needed weekend with friends, nature, and of course copious amounts of adult beverages. And what do you know, Batgirl even made an appearance. I had no idea she had left Gotham for the wilds of West Virginia.

IMG_3562.jpg
Sadly not for me. DW and youngest DD are going in July with her dance school. They will be dancing in a parade at Epcot (yes, an Epcot parade, but it is just dancers). I am heartbroken that I can't go, but I am in transition to a new job in June and I will be very busy for a couple months, so I just couldn't make it work. I'm hoping to take the whole family next year, or even an adults only trip, but I'm not sure yet.
I had no idea they had Epcot parades. Sounds like fun. My brother is a high school band director and had his school there last year for a parade (but in MK) and the kids loved it. Hope your daughter and wife have a great time. Sucks that you can't go though, but it sounds like the timing is off. Fingers crossed you can get there next year.

Moleskin is a wonderful thin self-sticking felt that you can cut to size and apply right to hotspots and blisters. It comes in a large roll and I cut some of the roll up into thumb and half thumb sz squares, put into a ziplock baggy, and stash in my park bag. I also pack the rest of the roll in my suitcase in case needed (with a little pr of dollar store scissors). I now know where the hotspots or places are on my feet where blisters are likely to develop so I put it on my first day at the park to help prevent blisters from even starting. I prefer to carefully take it off each night and reapply a fresh one the next morning but think it's actually designed to stay on for a while. YMMV but I'm more comfortable with a clean one each day as long as I'm not tearing the skin when taking off (which I've never had happen). This stuff is a hiker's best friend and since we all do huge amounts of walking at WDW, it's a big help. You should be able to get it at any drug store but I find the best price is on amazon. I checked and it is definitely on amazon.com. The brand I like is Dr. Scholl's Moleskin. Here's a pic:
View attachment 239396
Wow, thanks for schooling the American girl out. I had never heard of that. I'll definitely have to get some because Casey's love of all things inappropriate footwear is going to have moleskin in business for years to come.

Hi there Kari!!!
Oh my goodness, he is a little man already!!!!!! Wow, just wow :-)

After reading your review, yes, the Sanaa bread and wine would be a meal for me :laughing:. Poor Casey, blisters are no fun but Payless shoes can be so cute, I can relate :laughing:. That was so nice for that driver to shuttle you all back over to Jambo house.
Yeah, the more I think about it Casey was clearly the winner with just bread service (and sans the wine of course) :-)

Staying at Pop 2 nights, Kidani 4 nights and VWL 6 nights. First week with friends, 2nd week w/family, super excited to eat and drink everything my Prilosec will
humanly allow:hyper:
Uncranky is more of a life goal that I have set for myself, I try my hardest, Disney trips, food and a fun cocktail help obtain this:laughing: I will try my Frozen shoes for you, in the pursuit of Uncrankiness, in the memory of every adorable but blister-inducing red Jelly shoe I wore as child of the 80's in WDW!!
Awesome, sounds like an amazing trip. We've got 5 months to go and we've never had this long between trips. Killing me that we have so long to go.

Oh yes, I was right there with you rocking the jelly shoes. Though I had a penchant for the clear ones. Sadly payless has not improved the function of their shoes beyond what all us 80s children had to endure :-)

I am doing a PTR that kind of merges into a TR. It's called
3 Trips in 4 Months! WOO! HOO! UPDATED 5/24
And it can be found under PTR's...:flower:I'm technologically challenged, so i haven't quite figured out how to add a link...But, I DID figure out how to post pictures.:P

:drinking1 Pouring myself a beer and headed right over.
I've been completely horrible at staying caught up.

This was my question! Can you get the bread service in the lounge? We are staying at Kidani village July 1-4 and it would be a crying shame to be that close and not have the bread!!
Hi Kelly!!!!!! You can get the bread service in the Sanaa bar and you MUST do it on your trip. You WILL NOT regret it :-)

And what do you know, Batgirl even made an appearance. I had no idea she had left Gotham for the wilds of West Virginia.

img_3562-jpg.240700
OMG! I love it! I really think Gwen and Casey would get along amazingly!

She is way too much and adorable and everything else that is going to kill me in about 8 years :-) She and Gwen would unquestionably cause us all sorts of havoc
Maybe one day our paths will cross. Of course, the girls would probably look like we were crazy, like why would we be friends?!? Ha.

Don't Let the Dingo Eat the Baby

We were up and at 'em fairly early for us the next day to get to my most favorite of parks: Animal Kingdom. On the way in we ran into this half naked man, so it seemed like a perfectly acceptable idea for my daughter to get her picture taken.

After our close encounter with the half clothed kind we took in the safari where we were luck enough to see a baby giraffe, baby elephant, and baby monkey. If we were betting that had to be some kind of super baby animal trifecta. After the safari it was all of 1030 but we were feeling especially parched so beverages were in order. Beverages of the adult kind from Dawa Bar of course.

And who better to photograph our first step into the abyss than our 6 year old :-) I of course got a Bloody Kari, um I mean Mary, which wasn't as hot as usual and had bacon instead of the usual jerky, but there was plenty of vodka so who am I to complain. Jason and Matthew were feeling a more after noon vibe and went for the Lost on Safari and Tikiti Punch. Jason's Lost on Safari was
Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Pink Pigeon Mauritian Rum, and Pangani Punch. I didn't taste it, but per Jason this rum certainly did punch. Matthew's Tikiti Punch is Snow Leopard Vodka and Watermelon Lemonade. I did taste this one and the vodka and watermelon combo was seriously on point.

From there we hung out with some bugs and it wasn't too long before we were feeling highly photogenic, so a photoshoot was in order.

Funny aside when we were doing the tree of life photos Matthew, Casey, and I were waiting for Jason to put his backpack down and the photopass guy commented for "brother" to hurry up and get in the picture. Now I am fully aware that my husband, whom I make keep facial hair to look older, can skew about 21 but I was pretty mortified from about every possible direction that he was somehow the child of me and my BROTHER!

So what's a girl to do???? Drink more!!!

Thankfully Yak n Yeti was right around the corner and with our Landry's card we got right in. Since we started out the day with the hard stuff, we dialed it back slightly and all went for beers. Feeling punchy we each decided to act out the beer of our choice. Got any guesses????

Jason had the Funky Buddha Floridian Heffeweizen. Matthew the Safari Amber Ale. And me the Kirin Ichiban. All hit the spot and we may have had 2 or 3 as our meal progressed :drinking1

Instead of entrees we decided to share a few appetizers amongst us. Unfortunately this also meant that the annual pass discount didn't apply as it only counts on entrees and not apps. #WordToTheWise.

To start, Casey ordered the Wonton Soup, which for $5.49 was a pretty sizable portion.

I didn't taste it as she insisted on dousing it with soy sauce, but she claimed it was good and wiggly :P

For our shared appetizers
up first we have the Ahi Tuna Nachos.

I believe @Vernie822 turned me onto these a few years ago and they remain one of my favorite things on property. These are Sushi grade ahi, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, and sweet soy glaze. Instead of chips the these have fried wonton wrappers that add a nice airy crunch and they are piled high with amazing quality tuna and slaw. The wasabi aioli has just the right amount of heat to make these suckers seriously addictive. Like so seriously that just writing about them makes me want to have some stat. If you're at Yak n Yeti definitely give these a whirl.

Up next we have the Pork Egg Rolls with a Chili Plum Dipping Sauce.

I'm a serious chinese food conosieur and am very picky about my egg rolls and let me just saw these rolls are seriously good. The outer layer is fried to a crunchy perfection without being grease laden and the inside stuffed with mostly pork with a few veggies thrown in for good measure. These are pretty close to the standard all Americanized "chinese" egg rolls should be judged against.

We also tried the Wok Fried Green Beans, which were new to Jason and I but Matthew had tried them before.

These were really good and had great flavor, but tasted nothing like a green bean. Now I'm not complaining, because who really wants to taste green beans, but for all I know that could have been fried grass in there :-)

Lastly we have Dim Sum basket which comes with Pork pot stickers, shrimp siu mai, cha su bao and pork siu mai steamed on a banana leaf with soy lime dipping sauce.

Of these selections I liked the pot stickers the best, but none were real stand-outs. I'm usually a sucker for all things dumpling or steamed bun, but these just didn't do much for me. The siu mai at Skippers Canteen is much better.

And of course we couldn't leave without having the dessert perfection that is the Cream Cheese wontons.

Fried wontons, cream cheese, icing, ice cream, strawberries, and pineapples. Need I say more? Yes, Delicious!!!

Overall this was another great experience at Yak n Yeti. For a non-disney owned restaurant inside a park they do Asian food exceptionally and consistently well. I love that we can just walk in with our landrys card and get seated without a reservation (or a wait). I was a bit ticked we couldn't get any kind of discount this time, but never fear we earned Landry's points I will never ever use :P Better yet Matthew paid so alls well that ends well. :-)

After lunch we let our bellies settle with a leisurely stroll through the Maharajah Jungle Trek. The tigers weren't out today, but we did encounter some sort of strange species from the backwoods of a state far from the Maharajah. For those who haven't been before when you walk into the bird area of the trek they have a large row of plastic chains to keep the birds from getting out. Well as we walked through, this lady who was with her daughter and grandchild, kept yelling at the top of her lungs "DON'T LET THE CHAINS HIT THE BAYYY-BEEE!" repeatedly. Like what kind of damage can plastic do to a maybe. And more importantly all I could think was
4UJ32Sr.jpg
Now this was completely wrong given that lots of things on this trek could in fact eat the baby, but this dang lady was only worried about the chains. And what do you know, not 30 seconds later she was then telling her daughter that those same chains that shouldn't hit the baby would look good hanging on her bedroom door. Now I have no idea what she was planning on doing with said chains, but they better not hit the bayyy-beee :P

After that harrowing trek we elected to ride an expedition instead of yak with a yeti and took Casey on her first dinosaur trek.

She loved the ride, but as usual I have no words for all that is Jason and Matthew.

After braving a trip back through time we intended to head back to the hotel for a bit, but the call of some drinky drinks from Nomads lounge was too much and we elected to stop in for a quick drink.

Casey got the Lilly Gorille, which is Strawberry and Sprite. Clearly she was a fan.

The boys couldn't veer from their favorite drink from two nights ago, the Tempting Tigress.

This is Russell's Reserve 10yr Bourbon, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Tamarind Syrup, and Lime Juice. Apparently it is so good that Matthew went behind the bar and the bartenders let him film them making it so he could recreate it at home. Apparently it is also so good that our quick drink turned into 3 for these guys.

I went back to my Nomads all time favorite, the Annapurna Zing, which is Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer.

I said it last time and I'll say it again. Best. Drink. On. Property. And yes I had 3 too. At least this time we saved $18.60 with our Tables in Wonderland card.

After our boozy afternoon we headed out as we had a looming dinner reservation at Ep-A-Cot and some eats were seriously in order. On the way out we ran into these two crazy br're boys, which was a fun treat.

We eventually found our way to the Ep-A-Cot bus stop, but there was a charter bus in our space. I assumed it was for one of the thousands of cheerleaders we'd encountered in the park, but the driver said he was going to Ep-A-Cot. We weren't quite sure about this as we were the only people on the bus, and I'd never seen a non-Disney or Mears bus in operation, but in our current state on we went.

Would we make it to Ep-A-Cot? Would we survive? Would a dingo eat our baby?

So much drama, so much intrigue, you'll have to stay tuned.....

I am truly enjoying this and I am thinking if I experienced the parks as you do I definitely could not ride the rides!! It would not be pretty. I guess the strategy is ride then imbibe!

We were up and at 'em fairly early for us the next day to get to my most favorite of parks: Animal Kingdom. On the way in we ran into this half naked man, so it seemed like a perfectly acceptable idea for my daughter to get her picture taken.

:rotfl:

And of course we couldn't leave without having the dessert perfection that is the Cream Cheese wontons.

YUM I love these!

Well as we walked through, this lady who was with her daughter and grandchild, kept yelling at the top of her lungs "DON'T LET THE CHAINS HIT THE BAYYY-BEEE!" repeatedly. Like what kind of damage can plastic do to a maybe. And more importantly all I could think was
4uj32sr-jpg.241516

So strange. I do question what she thought would happen if they hit the BAYYY-BEEE.

After our boozy afternoon we headed out as we had a looming dinner reservation at Ep-A-Cot and some eats were seriously in order. On the way out we ran into these two crazy br're boys, which was a fun treat.

Ahh so cool! I'd love to meet Brer Fox.

I think you have started a new trend "Drinks around AK"-bye bye World Showcase, this is THE new location for adult indulgences!!

That is truly odd about the appetizers not being AP discount eligible. I wonder if that is new because we also enjoyed the Ahi Tuna Nachos and sushi roll along with adult beverages AND we got the AP discount. This was a year ago so, who knows, maybe Y&Y has changed the discount application. :confused3

Between the "brother" incident and the "baaaaaa-be", I'm just literally laughing out loud. And after those drinks in the afternoon, I'd have gotten on any sort of bus, too!

Matthew's Tikiti Punch is Snow Leopard Vodka and Watermelon Lemonade. I did taste this one and the vodka and watermelon combo was seriously on point.

Oooh, that sounds so good!

Funny aside when we were doing the tree of life photos Matthew, Casey, and I were waiting for Jason to put his backpack down and the photopass guy commented for "brother" to hurry up and get in the picture. Now I am fully aware that my husband, whom I make keep facial hair to look older, can skew about 21 but I was pretty mortified from about every possible direction that he was somehow the child of me and my BROTHER!

HAHAHAHA... Oh my goodness!! :crazy2:

I believe @Vernie822 turned me onto these a few years ago and they remain one of my favorite things on property. These are Sushi grade ahi, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, and sweet soy glaze. Instead of chips the these have fried wonton wrappers that add a nice airy crunch and they are piled high with amazing quality tuna and slaw. The wasabi aioli has just the right amount of heat to make these suckers seriously addictive. Like so seriously that just writing about them makes me want to have some stat. If you're at Yak n Yeti definitely give these a whirl.

I may have turned you onto those, but I haven't had them since! I am dying to get back to have some more. Apps are the way to go at Yak and Yeti. I haven't been there in so long but I am determined to get to Satuli Canteen and Nomad's/Tiffins in the meantime.

Now I have no idea what she was planning on doing with said chains, but they better not hit the bayyy-beee :P

:rotfl2:

I am working on getting Justin to be more and more adventurous with his food choices.. but darn it, I wish he had your palates! You all have such adventurous tastes and I love it! Nary a Cosmic Ray's burger in sight!

I think I forgot to mention earlier today was Super Bowl Sunday so of course we had to find somewhere to watch the game tonight. NOT! As a family of Steeler fans we could have cared less. What we of course did care about was food and we weren't going to sacrifice a good meal for some pigskin (unless of course they were serving actual pigskin) :-)

Yaaaa Steelers!!! I hear ya... although you're right, the last little bit of the game was the really good part!

IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!!!!!! THERE WAS BEER IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!

911!! BEER IN THE MK!!! Even if it isn't the best of options, that's still not a bad price for MK!

Sorry for the weird picture size, crappy photo bucket won't let me edit any photopass pics

Like father like daughter?!

We then had a run on 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and even 8th fast passes with visits to 999 ghosts, a flight on some carpets, a trip to the 100 acre woods, a boat trip to with some really creepy singing children, another boat trip with a creepy octopus, and finally another run through a different kind of space but those dang aliens found me again.

I am impressed that you had 8 FP's. Wow!!

Ack! I've been reading some, but I'm so behind. I'm going to go with, I've been busy :p

The Sci Fi burger looks delicious, even if I've never heard of that kind of cheese :) I'm excited to hit 50s and Sci Fi in September. Also, every time I see arugula on a menu now, I think of you.

What a bummer with the croissant donuts! I thought these looked good but they were basically full of things I'd never eat. We had the flat bread here, which was good, but cold :confused3 I think it would have been much better warm. The booths were kind of in a weird spot I thought, being mainly grouped together. But I was excited because 1. It was our very first WDW visit and 2. I'm so excited for Food and Wine this was like a teeny intro :rotfl2:I loved the art photo opportunities, they were fun, and we watched one of the painters on the stage. Otherwise, there was a lot of art for sale and that's not my thing, because I'm poor. My fiance did get a copy of the Herb Ryman Epcot art they were selling.

I'm sorry about your friend. Losing someone is always hard, but for me unexpectedly makes it harder to find closure. Things like that drink help though, it's like... kismet. Not sure if that's the word I want...

I can eat pasta no matter the weather outside :p But in seriousness (which seems to be hard to come by around here ;) ) that looks pretty delicious. I showed my fiance and he was offended by the feta. I really like feta for being a fairly picky eater lol. I'm with you on the butter and coffee thing too. Maybe that's a boy thing... my fiance doesn't even drink coffee and was like, oh that sounds good. :confused3

Fiance got a Schweitzer Slush at Skipper's for the souvenir cup, but he's already talking about getting it again. I can't do those boba balls :crazy2: Bread is always a must, I think it's one of my main food groups :thumbsup2 I really know nothing about falafel, but it looks good and I keep reading good things about the one here. I liked the themeing at Skipper's and I'm such a hypocrite, I was like different cuisine - neat! And then I got the Tastes Like Chicken dish because I'm not an adventurous eater :rotfl:And was also a teeny bit upset with my fiance because he eats more than me, but ordered the pasta dish that I wanted to get, and I didn't want to get the same thing.

So Jasmine has to wear outfits with more coverage, but Tarzan is okay? :confused3

We're going to Yak and Yeti too. How silly about the discount. I'm trying to convince my fiance we should share apps, mostly because I look at the menu and want 3 or 4 of them :) I really want the egg rolls and green beans, because they look delicious and I love fried green beans. I think fiance will want the pot stickers, because I've turned him into an addict (and not even with good ones - ones from Noodles & Co). And the shrimp looks like a dish I used to get an a restaurant that's now gone. I love shrimp :)

"DON'T LET THE CHAINS HIT THE BAYYY-BEEE!" s
People are so weird :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter