tips for online/virtual queue including moonlight magic registration!

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I’m hesitant to give away my hard earned Disney online queue skills, so let’s just keep this in the group 😉

Starting with ROTR, I’ve honed my virtual queue skills and as early as Remy’s was able to always get into the group by using a world clock with seconds on one device and MDE on my phone to select the join button. I test how long MDE seems to need to cycle around the same time so I know if I need to select the button 1-3 seconds before the official opening time.

Today I applied that strategy to the Moonlight Magic registration. On my computer I tested how quickly my browser loaded after selecting the registration link and determined I need at least 2 seconds but 3 might be too much. So at 10:59:57 I hesitated a fraction of a second, clicked the registration link and was loaded in as #43 which quickly fell to zero and it was my turn within a minute. My parallel test was a device that had already loaded the booking page and would join in random order at 11am; that device/browser took longer to cycle and put me at three thousand something.

I've registered for a couple Moonlight Magic events and this was the best experience I've had and also the first time I applied the world clock trick to booking.

This is all based on my use and observations over the past few years and it works for me. Your mileage my vary! May the odds be ever in your favor.

I like to do similar things. Yesterday I had 2 devices I used to entered the pre-queue the night before. Then in the morning on my computer I waited for them to show the queue was open and then entered the pre-queue. The computer was the 1st to show my place which was 1800 something. One of the 2 devices I had set up the night before came in at 2500 or so and then the last one set the previous night to randomize put me at 580.

The other thing I've learned is that multiple devices are used by a lot of people so I don't worry about being up in the thousands as the devices will start peeling off once the members are done with their registration.

So where are you seeing an 11am registration time? I'm online now, waited up until midnight because it only says "registration opens on the 9th" and I've registered for plenty of things at WDW that happened right at midnight ET.
There's no RSVP button on the DVC Moonlight Magic site...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter