Tips for meeting Tarzan at AK

Nutmeg2016

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

Tarzan is my son's favorite character, so we really hope to meet him when we're at AK next week.

He's scheduled to be on Discovery Island from 9.30-12.30 PM (plus later in the afternoon, but we'll probably be taking a break then. . ). However, I get the sense that certain character greetings aren't always reliable (ie don't stick to scheduled time/place). . . ?

As such, any advice out there on tracking down Tarzan is much appreciated!

If they have it in the times guide, it should be accurate. He meets next to Pizzafari from about 9:30-4 with occasional breaks. If you're lucky, maybe you'll see Terk too.

Here is his current schedule.

Be sure to do Great Movie Ride at DHS also.:)

Courtesy of OTPN.
XrfeemuO.png

Hi everyone,

Tarzan is my son's favorite character, so we really hope to meet him when we're at AK next week.

He's scheduled to be on Discovery Island from 9.30-12.30 PM (plus later in the afternoon, but we'll probably be taking a break then. . ). However, I get the sense that certain character greetings aren't always reliable (ie don't stick to scheduled time/place). . . ?

As such, any advice out there on tracking down Tarzan is much appreciated!

When I met Tarzan last summer, he was meeting on the pathway toward Tiffins/Nomad Lounge by the future entrance of Pandora. I would check there. If he isn't there, you can ask a CM, and they should be able to point out where to find him.

Tarzan was on one of the trails across from Pizzafari a while back. My niece was was me and she went to get her picture taken and he started sniffing her! So unexpected and really funny!

Just a heads up, Tarzan is a shirtless guy with fake dreads and a shaved chest. None of which was noticed by my then 4 year old. We didn't have a camera with us and since we didn't want a picture, Tarzan squatted right down and taught DS a few phrases in Gorilla.

Just a heads up, Tarzan is a shirtless guy with fake dreads and a shaved chest. None of which was noticed by my then 4 year old. We didn't have a camera with us and since we didn't want a picture, Tarzan squatted right down and taught DS a few phrases in Gorilla.
I don't understand the "heads up" on this. You just described Tarzan, how he looks in the animated movie, so good thing they got it right
OP: I love Tarzan as well, each time I meet him I always tell him I miss his show at AK. He usually has a very small line, especially when he comes out first thing in the morning, I imagine he will be moved once Pandora opens

Last edited:
You say this like it's a bad thing. Who doesn't enjoy a photo with a nearly naked handsome man ;) He's my must meet character every trip for just this reason. Well, the shirtless part, not the fake dreads so much. They don't do much for me.

I did forget to mention that at least one of the friends of Tarzan needs to eat a bit more. They have a very skinny one that we see every now and then. He looks quite out of place compared to the others. Superficial comment that doesn't alter the M&G for sure but it's really obvious based on his outfit.

One time he didn't show for his first set on time, but we eventually found him!
I REALLY miss his show too.....my FAV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter