Tips for hand position for Toy Story Mania!?

PDXmouse

Mouseketeer
I remember seeing something about a tip on holding the string on the gun at Toy Story Mania! so your arm won't wear out as fast. I have bad tendonitis so I'm hoping someone can help refresh my memory? I googled it but just keep finding tips on what to shoot. I want details about the actual tips for handling the gun. Thank you!

Don't actually grip the little ball on the end of the string. Put the string between two fingers and then you can flick your fingers, kind of like you're waving hello. I do it with my right hand, fingers pointing left, palm facing me. String between two fingers, with that little ball on the palm side of my hand. Then just flick flick flick rather than pull pull pull.

Is that what you're talking about?

I remember seeing something about a tip on holding the string on the gun at Toy Story Mania! so your arm won't wear out as fast. I have bad tendonitis so I'm hoping someone can help refresh my memory? I googled it but just keep finding tips on what to shoot. I want details about the actual tips for handling the gun. Thank you!
Most often, I have the high score in our vehicle.

I position the string/ball in between my index and ring finger. hand is upside down so that i am moving the two fingers like a "spiderman web slinger" or upside down "i love you"-palm up.

This position is much less stressful on the wrist/arm than pulling the string.

Also, watch some you tube videos on which targets to hit to get the bonus targets. If you are playing with someone who knows what they are doing, it can be a lot of fun getting the bonus targets.

Most often, I have the high score in our vehicle.

I position the string/ball in between my index and ring finger. hand is upside down so that i am moving the two fingers like a "spiderman web slinger" or upside down "i love you"-palm up.

This position is much less stressful on the wrist/arm than pulling the string.

Also, watch some you tube videos on which targets to hit to get the bonus targets. If you are playing with someone who knows what they are doing, it can be a lot of fun getting the bonus targets.
I have watched videos and know what to hit. I'm just having a hard time envisioning this "flick" strategy with the string.

There’s plenty of videos on TikTok that show you how to do it. Not sure if I’m allowed to link them or not on here.

i tried to explain the best i could with these instructions:

palm UP, string between two fingers (I use ring and middle fingers) with ball in PALM that is facing UP. Pull your two fingers towards you.

Yep.
And the flick motion works because you don't have to pull the string all the way then let it go all the way back. It's a quick little motion.

Yep.
And the flick motion works because you don't have to pull the string all the way then let it go all the way back. It's a quick little motion.
I’m thinking this will make more sense once I’m on the ride and can actually try it. Thank you for the description!

A former poster Robo gave me a good tip here several years ago.

He said to hold the string between your index and middle finger and simply do the “come here” motion only moving those two fingers. No arm or elbow motion needed.

We like to have a late night Toy Story Mania tournament when the line gets short. This tip makes a huge difference when riding 4 or 5 times back to back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter