Tips for Doing Atlantis-Paradise Island for Less

Oh dear!!! No no no. I did not mean to type Cove. Haha. I meant Coral Towers.
I WISH I was leaning towards to Cove!
We may actually end up the Beach Tower!!

Oh dear!!! No no no. I did not mean to type Cove. Haha. I meant Coral Towers.
I WISH I was leaning towards to Cove!
We may actually end up the Beach Tower!!
That makes sense.

There's actually a Starbucks in the lobby area of the Coral, too.

Dunkin Donuts is super-close to the Coral lobby...basically at the end of a short-driveway up to the Coral motor court. Beach Tower would add a little bit of a walk, but just a few minutes.

Just returned from Atlantis. Loved every minute!!! We hope to go back again in the future.

As far as food expense goes, we really didn't find it any worse than Disney. We ate grab and go from the lounge in our hotel every morning. We had lunch at the various poolside cafes in the afternoon and a nice dinner every night. Doing this kept us well within our budget.

Dinners included Johnny Rockets, Carmine's, Murray's and our big splurge Seafire Steakhouse. Of those, Carmine's was our favorite.

We kept our gambling and other spending to a minimum and really just enjoyed the grounds and all the free activities throughout the day.

Our teen really loved Crush, the teen lounge open in the evenings. He can't wait to go back! There is so much to see and do, we definitely will return for another visit.

Just returned from Atlantis. Loved every minute!!! We hope to go back again in the future.

As far as food expense goes, we really didn't find it any worse than Disney. We ate grab and go from the lounge in our hotel every morning. We had lunch at the various poolside cafes in the afternoon and a nice dinner every night. Doing this kept us well within our budget.

Dinners included Johnny Rockets, Carmine's, Murray's and our big splurge Seafire Steakhouse. Of those, Carmine's was our favorite.

We kept our gambling and other spending to a minimum and really just enjoyed the grounds and all the free activities throughout the day.

Our teen really loved Crush, the teen lounge open in the evenings. He can't wait to go back! There is so much to see and do, we definitely will return for another visit.

Soooo excited reading these posts. The food costs always scared the day lights out of me and I always threw my hands up and said " we can't afford to go".
If it's no worse than Disney, we can def do this.
We are aiming for 3rd week of August (we always take a big vacation that week).

We just went in November and had a great time. We stayed at the Reef. Loved the full kitchen with second empty fridge, microwave, stove ,teapot, dishes etc. The Reef supplies a coffee pot with Starbucks coffee and creamers too.

We packed from home breakfast foods and snacks. Cookies, cereal bars, cereal cups etc. We also went to the supermarket and liquor store which is across the street from the Market Place and picked up a few six packs of soda and water as well as milk. (ex. 6 pack soda $4.50- 1 can of soda from Atlantis $3.50) We also picked up beer and wine coolers for the adults to drink on balcony and on the beach. Saved a fortune.

Lunch we ate poolside. Disney priced.

At night we ate at the Deli twice, we really enjoyed it and it was reasonably priced. We ate at the buffet 1 night. Pricey but my kids are older and eat enough to make it worth it and for my daughters birthday we ate at Carmine's 1 night. Carmines gives you sooooo much food and it was nice to have a way to heat up the leftovers for lunch the next day. A lot of people had to throw away their leftovers because they had no way to heat them up. HUGE WASTE!

The trip was expensive but we saved were we could. If there is a sale, the Reef is not much more per night than the Coral or Beach Towers. The Reef does not allow access of cruise ship tourist either so it maintains a resort like feel as well. Good luck. You will have a great time no matter where you stay. It is gorgeous there with lots to see.

Thanks for all this information! No surprise that after prepping for our 2 Disney Cruises in the past that I come here to find all this information.

My question is in regards to booking excursions. We want to do the dolphins and sea lions and possibly stingrays. I can't on the website find out where to access my reservation and to book anything.

The kids eat free was part of the Value Dining Plan we got just so we knew some things would be covered.

Thanks!
Melissa

My question is in regards to booking excursions. We want to do the dolphins and sea lions and possibly stingrays. I can't on the website find out where to access my reservation and to book anything.
I'm not sure you can book Dolphin Cay online anymore. I tried several times in the past month and wasn't successful. Atlantis' website changed a bit in the past few months, and the ability to book Dolphin Cay seems to have gone away.

In previous years I booked Dolphin Cay online but this year I had to call. I recived an email confirmation within a few minutes of my call ending, so I have a paper trail for my reservation.

I've been to Atlantis a few times. I've always stayed in the Royal Towers and enjoy the central location.

I'm not really a cheap traveller but there are ways you can save money.

We usually buy a pizza from the marina village one night and put the leftovers in the room fridge. The pizza is about $30 but it's huuuuuge so we get two dinners and lunches out of it (there's only 2 of us), which makes it a great value.

We always splurge and eat at Nobu one night. I've never figured out how to get that on any type of discount!

We usually stop somewhere to get bottles of water and a few sodas for the room since Atlantis prices are painful.

While not at all 'budget' the spa there is fantastic (it's a Mandara) and huge and I always have great treatments there. Since they participate in spa finder, I plan my treatments and pick up spa finder gift cards at Costco or online for about 20% off.

The redemption value is not great, but since Atlantis became a Marriott Autograph property, you can now redeem (and earn) Marriott points for your stay!

What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel and back. Taxi, rental car. Do the hotels have any shuttles?

What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel and back. Taxi, rental car. Do the hotels have any shuttles?
Taxi, unless you're alone.

Rental cars are expensive, traffic is crazy, and you drive on the left. All reasons to not rent a car.

Atlantis' shuttles charge by the person. And they're not Atlantis' shuttle, but a third party provider. Which might mean you travel to another hotel or tower before you get to your destination. And two people using the shuttles is about the same price as a taxi.

Nassau's taxi's are on a zone system, so no extra charge for traffic or taking a longer mileage route that gets you there quicker. And most/many of the taxis are van which can hold lots of people depending on the vehicle, so with larger groups you don't have to split up and pay for mutiple taxis....just the added $3 fee for additional passengers beyond 2. Here are the rates, which show a $32 rate, plus fees. My family of 4 usually gives the driver a $50, which includes a nice tip.

NassauTaxiRates_zpsbb804158.jpg

Thanks for the information. It was very helpful. We are not looking to go until next year bit I like to get all my ducks in a row and be prepared.:thumbsup2

Bumping this thread with a new question for GrnMtnMan... we are heading back to Atlantis this summer, early June. How will the crowds be compared to our last trip taken during winter break in the first week of January 2013?

Bumping this thread with a new question for GrnMtnMan... we are heading back to Atlantis this summer, early June. How will the crowds be compared to our last trip taken during winter break in the first week of January 2013?
I haven't been there at that time, but I'd assume that crowds will be a little larger than January. Atlantis gets fuller any period when kids are out of school.

But I wouldn't worry too much....once you've been there you know what to do/where to go and you can avoid swarms. I just got back on Saturday from my annual spring break trip, and using the same strategy as you use at Disney you can avoid lines. That strategy is: go to the big rides early or late. The cruisers don't get there until 10:30 or so and have to leave around 4:30, and if you avoid peak midday periods you can do all the slides you like without waits.

Also, pay attention to the daily number of cruisers in port, like here. As a competitive response to the new/yet-to-open megaresort in Nassau (Bahamar), Atlantis says that it will no longer be selling day passes to anyone other than cruse ship passengers (shutting out people who stay at other resorts, but want to do a day at Atlantis). So on days with fewer cruisers, there are a lot fewer people around. We noticed a difference this year, and Atlantis was relatively quiet on the days with fewer passengers in port.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for your response. It great to have someone on the Dis with such in-depth knowledge of Atlantis! One other question... by any chance do you have a 1-800 number that could get me straight to the front desk or guest services at the resort? I just had a very heated discussion with a call center rep located in Florida about a big mistake on our reservation. It escalated to management and is apparently fixed, but I'd like to speak directly with the hotel to be certain before we leave. Thanks!

Thanks very much for your response. It great to have someone on the Dis with such in-depth knowledge of Atlantis! One other question... by any chance do you have a 1-800 number that could get me straight to the front desk or guest services at the resort? I just had a very heated discussion with a call center rep located in Florida about a big mistake on our reservation. It escalated to management and is apparently fixed, but I'd like to speak directly with the hotel to be certain before we leave. Thanks!
I don't think there's a 1-800 number to the resort. You could try the dining line (1-888-526-0386) which seems to get to on-site dining reservation agents - maybe they'll transfer you if you play dumb. Otherwise the resort is an international call (242-363-3000)

Last edited:
I don't think ther's a 1-800 number to the resort. You could try the dining line (1-888-526-0386) which seems to get to on-site dining reservation agents - maybe they'll transfer you if you play dumb. Otherwise the resort is an international call (242-363-3000)
We think alike. I did call the dining line with the dumb act but it didn't work. They wouldn't transfer me. I'm having issues with our booking this time around, very different than two years ago. We were ready to cancel altogether when they offered an "exception" to something that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. I'm feeling a little "off" about this trip right now. I would feel better if I could speak to a manger on property.

I don't think there's a 1-800 number to the resort. You could try the dining line (1-888-526-0386) which seems to get to on-site dining reservation agents - maybe they'll transfer you if you play dumb. Otherwise the resort is an international call (242-363-3000)

I have another question for you. This trip we are booked into a "deluxe harbor view" in the royal towers. Last trip we had a water view. Is this going to be a real let down after the amazing view we had last time? Or is the harbor view nice as well?

The difference in price between the two was $1000 for the week!!! Insane!

I have another question for you. This trip we are booked into a "deluxe harbor view" in the royal towers. Last trip we had a water view. Is this going to be a real let down after the amazing view we had last time? Or is the harbor view nice as well?

The difference in price between the two was $1000 for the week!!! Insane!
I think that means you'll be on the side facing Nassau, instead of toward the ocean. The unit I usually stay in at Harborside faces toward the harbor, and while its not a wide expanse of ocean view, it is an interesting one. There's lots of type of ships coming and going, and its fun to wake up and see the enormous cruise ships in port.

It's still a view you don't wake up to everyday...and its not terrace view, which means lower floors, so you should be able to see lots of interesting stuff.

I think that means you'll be on the side facing Nassau, instead of toward the ocean. The unit I usually stay in at Harborside faces toward the harbor, and while its not a wide expanse of ocean view, it is an interesting one. There's lots of type of ships coming and going, and its fun to wake up and see the enormous cruise ships in port.

It's still a view you don't wake up to everyday...and its not terrace view, which means lower floors, so you should be able to see lots of interesting stuff.
Ok that makes sense. I wasn't sure about the difference between Harbor and Terrace. When I called to inquire about an upgrade the lady on the other end actually said the harbor view was her favorite because you see Nassau lit up at night.

I hope this view has a balcony, even a small one. I get very claustrophobic with out one.

Ok that makes sense. I wasn't sure about the difference between Harbor and Terrace. When I called to inquire about an upgrade the lady on the other end actually said the harbor view was her favorite because you see Nassau lit up at night.

I hope this view has a balcony, even a small one. I get very claustrophobic with out one.
I saw this on Atlantis' website to describe "Deluxe Harbor View":
The Royal Towers Deluxe Harbour View rooms offer premium Marina or Nassau Harbour views from the Atlantis Royal Towers, as well as check-in privileges in the Sun Lounge. The rooms are located on floors 17 thru 24 and feature French balconies.

Those high floors will have a neat view no matter which direction your room faces.

And I think French Balcony means it has sliding glass doors and a small ledge (6-12 inches) to step out onto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!