Tips for defeating the squirrels?

OMG. I had no idea! I just started bringing special food with me to the parks. I store it in Rubbermaid glass containers with the tight side locks and they are not in a bag - just in the bottom of the stroller. Do you think they can get into this? Even if they do, I don't think they'd re-lock it so I'd know, right?!?

6b4bf478-da2b-4360-975d-9b2e43af5a67.d83f4892b2a8073be8af26f29891013d.jpeg
Glass containers are not permitted into the parks. You will want to store in something other than glass.

1685637528782.png

OMG. I had no idea! I just started bringing special food with me to the parks. I store it in Rubbermaid glass containers with the tight side locks and they are not in a bag - just in the bottom of the stroller. Do you think they can get into this? Even if they do, I don't think they'd re-lock it so I'd know, right?!?

6b4bf478-da2b-4360-975d-9b2e43af5a67.d83f4892b2a8073be8af26f29891013d.jpeg
bigger problem they are not allowed in the park. no glass allowed. plus places can not reheat outside food

And please if a bag is open when you get back, just throw it away! I’ve watched numerous squirrels eat popcorn right out of bags and then just move along to the next stroller or scooter LOL I actually did throw away a family’s full size bag of Doritos by the pool once after a squirrel unrolled it and climbed all the way in…..waited for them to come back so I could tell them, but finally I had to leave so I just tossed it! Hopefully they would’ve appreciated the thought.
I did this with someone's disposable, paper drink cup one trip after watching the squirrel climb into the cup. I'm sure the family was not happy when they got back thinking that someone stole their cup. It was entertaining to watch, but I do wish Disney had some warning for new folks who just don't get it about the squirrels. They are just in and out and all around hunting in strollers.

Perhaps put your stored food in a cooler bag with a tie around the zippers? I don't know - the squirrels at WDW have no fear. I was once eating a snack while sitting outside Splash Mountain and one almost crawled into my lap.

We have never had issues with squirrels. We keep snacks in the backpack we leave in the stroller (not out) and it’s never been opened or chewed.

I just read about the diseases and bugs they can harbor. Yuck. Do they make ring doorbells for strollers??? 😂 🤪

WELL ..................... was in DHS today. I was a bit ahead of DS when he came running up hysterical. I asked what was so funny. He said a woman was running down the path chasing a squirrel. I'm thinking really, leave the animals alone. He said a man asked a child why she was chasing the squirrel (DS assume it was her DH and child). Child said squirrel stole her money. He thought she said a $20.

DS said he was probably trained to steal money and runs it back to his owner. :rotfl2:I mean what's he going to do with it? buy his own snacks?

WELL ..................... was in DHS today. I was a bit ahead of DS when he came running up hysterical. I asked what was so funny. He said a woman was running down the path chasing a squirrel. I'm thinking really, leave the animals alone. He said a man asked a child why she was chasing the squirrel (DS assume it was her DH and child). Child said squirrel stole her money. He thought she said a $20.

DS said he was probably trained to steal money and runs it back to his owner. :rotfl2:I mean what's he going to do with it? buy his own snacks?
lol! Hope the squirrel knows $20 may not cut it these days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter