Tips for an Adult Disney Cruise

DH and I will be sailing in a veranda cabin on the Magic and like to have coffee (actually like to have breakfast!) before we get dressed, so I’m very interested in the coffee on the balcony idea. Can you wait until you wake up to order it, or do you put in an order the night before?
There will be an order card in your room that you can fill out the night before and leave on your doorknob. It's continental breakfast stuff - coffee, tea, pastries, etc. - but you can select as many different things as you want and select what time you'd like them to bring it.

We would just do a pastry or two (they are smallish) to have with coffee when we got up (we are early risers) to tide us over until breakfast later.

There will be an order card in your room that you can fill out the night before and leave on your doorknob. It's continental breakfast stuff - coffee, tea, pastries, etc. - but you can select as many different things as you want and select what time you'd like them to bring it.

We would just do a pastry or two (they are smallish) to have with coffee when we got up (we are early risers) to tide us over until breakfast later.
Thanks! A cup of coffee (and some toast or something that isn’t very sweet) plus some time on the balcony sounds like a wonderful way to start the morning!

The adult pools are lovely and usually not too crowded, although they can get full on a sea day in warm weather.

The bars are very hit or miss with the crowds. If you see a lively one, I recommend going in, since many nights they will be deserted.

The alcohol tastings and ship tours are a lot of fun, and sometimes they'll have cooking classes. Book these early!

Adult entertainment at Disney is toward PG and that’s OK by us. My daughter, who swears like a sailor and my father who will not listen to his granddaughter swear ever both enjoy Disney adult entertainment, but both of them walked out of shows from Royal Caribbean. One show was talking about menstruation and the second comedy show was talking about their sex life in a little too much detail. The Disney comedy is suitable for those that are 16 and older really but the point is no children will be there in case you just don’t want to have kids around.
I find to get the best adult activities. I prefer the late seating. There are some benefits with late seating. The noise level is reduced, because the children are rather loud at early seatings but always well behaved. But if I’m honest, it’s louder than I normally hear at restaurants. Late dinner bonus, staff does not have to entertain the children with crayons and napkin tricks. They can spend more time telling you about what your favorite dessert would probably be according to what things you like since they actually have more time to spend with the adults.
You also can go right from dinner and hit 2 to 3 different adult only activities in a row. Top it off with an evening nightcap, and you really are pretty well set.
Also don’t judge a Trivia by its name. I’ve gone to a couple I thought would be boring and I was happily surprised.
We have traveled our last five times with four or five adults, and no children(she became an adult). The adult pool area is not crazy with loud music or screaming adults, which I found on Royal Caribbean. Sure they were playing card games and drinking games but still they didn’t have to hoop and holler like they did.
Palo brunch is a good adult activity as is the drink programs they offer. We have a great time.

Has anyone taken a Disney cruise as adults? I am a Disney adult, my sister not so much, but we LOVE cruising and will be sailing on the Magic in 2024. Would love to hear your tips and suggestions related to the adult areas of the ship, shows, drinks, bars, entertainment!
Have dinner one night at Palo. Opinions differ, but imo the food is better there at dinner than at brunch. Get the chocolate souffle for dessert if you like chocolate.

3 of my 5 DCL sailings have been adults only and we love it! Relaxing by the adults only pool during the day to the late dinner seating to the adults only activities at night. It’s fun to see the kiddos interact with the characters but it’s great to choose how much I want of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter