Tips for a Dec 6th-13th 2008 trip

cmysprkles911

Mouseketeer
Hello Dinesy fans!

My names is Corinne I am new to this site. Here's a little back round about me. I have been a Disney fan a while. First trip was in 90 I was 9 years old, I remember some things but not all. I had been wanting to go back for a long time so when it came time to plan my honeymoon there was no other place to go than WDW. I got married on September 9, 2006. We left for our WDW honeymoon on Sept 11, my 25th birthday. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge till the 14th. This was the first time that my husband had ever been to WDW. We had such a great relaxing time that when we got home we deceided that we need to travel back for our 1st anniversary. Thats bring us to September 2007. We stayed this time at the POFQ. We liked this resort but want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for our Dec 2008 trip. This trip was very different I thought that the crowds would have been light like the year before but I was wrong. We still had a great time that we want to go back and experince the holiday at WDW.

I have been reading mixed reviews about the first week in December. If there is anyone that can halp me and let me now if this is a good time to vist that would be awesome.

thefisrt week many people go for the parade taping. the second week people are trying to leave before the parks get packed for the holidays. in dec 2007 we did 2nd week of dec. it was fine except for mvmcp. it was wall to wall people for the party. so, one week is no better than the other. ride lines are not bad. you can still enjoy holiday decor after about nov. 15th if you have time off in nov.

My new favorite time to visit the world!!! We went Dec 6-13, 2007 and had a wonderful time. We only encountered a crowd on Saturday the 8th at MK, I think they were taping the parade that day. The rest of our trip we had very low crowds and practically no wait for rides. Pop Warner will be there when you go but you won't be impacted at the Wilderness Lodge and they don't contribute to the crowd levels in the parks all that much. It's Disney World so you certainly won't have the parks to yourselves but considering how busy it gets in the summer months and during the holidays, I think the first 2 weeks in Dec are a fabulous time to go!! The decorations are beautiful and the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights is amazing. We are going again this December 4th-11th and I can't wait!!!

What is Pop Werner?

National Cheer and Dance Championships. I believe this year Pop Warner is Dec 6-13th (but not positive).
My understanding is that they stay at the All Stars, and the POR and that there isn't much impact at the parks from all the kids LOL.
We will also be in Disney, at the POP, Dec 6th-10th.

:goodvibes :goodvibes Going the first part of Decemeber each year since 1991 and it is our favorite time of the year to visit.We love all the parks and resorts decorated for Christmas,MVMCP,Osborne Lights,Candlelight Processional and all the holiday live shows.Low crowds though over the years they have picked up they are still not bad.The weather is most times great but we have experienced very hot and very cold weather at this time of year.It is best to dress in layers so you can adjust to the temps.Going this Decemeber 6th -12th.:goodvibes :goodvibes

We still have a little time to plan... we are not sure if we are going to be traveling the 6th-13th or now we might go Nov 29th-Dec 6th.... Cant make up my mind!!! :confused3

Both would be good. Unless you want to be involved in it, just find out when they are taping the xmas parade, and avoid the MK if you dont want in that mess. This year, the earlier one would be better, probably because of the pop warner stuff..

We went the 8-15 last year and LOVED it, but there was nothing going on that week in 2007..

Do you know when the parade was taped last year? I have never been to WDW during the Christama season. We have been 2 times for MNSSHP..

We are going the same time Dec 6-13th! We love the WL especially at Christmas! It is so beautifully decorated and the lobby is awesome! We love going at Chri!!!stmas time, even though they are filming the parade, we just check the filming schedule and stay away from MK or from Main street when they are taping, otherwise it is fine. We are staying at the Poly this time because my husband stayed there as a child and wants to stay there with our kids too. There is so much to do at the holidays, with the parades, MVMCP, Osbourne lights, candlelight processional, etc... You will have a great time!!!

Thanks for all the tips.. I think that the Hubby and i will be going Nov 29- Dec 6... I am soo excited.. I cant keep off these boards!!!

We are going the same time Dec 6-13th! We love the WL especially at Christmas! It is so beautifully decorated and the lobby is awesome! We love going at Chri!!!stmas time, even though they are filming the parade, we just check the filming schedule and stay away from MK or from Main street when they are taping, otherwise it is fine. We are staying at the Poly this time because my husband stayed there as a child and wants to stay there with our kids too. There is so much to do at the holidays, with the parades, MVMCP, Osbourne lights, candlelight processional, etc... You will have a great time!!!

How do you find out when they are taping the Christmas Day Parade? Do they post the dates months ahead of time or do you have to wait until you get there?

So i jsut went in Jan for a little over a week. And I've been bitten again... ok it's not helping that ever weekend since we returned my DD (5) says, "when can we go back to disney?"

So I'm thinking a December trip. Any advice on when is the best time? I've never been when the Christmas decorations were out. so this should be fun. Not sure where to stay either. i was thinking close to MK because that is where DD basically wants to spend all her time.

Maura

We'll be there the 8th-16th!! can't wait!! it only took 14 years to get back there. this time it's for our honeymoon!

How do you find out when they are taping the Christmas Day Parade? Do they post the dates months ahead of time or do you have to wait until you get there?

Check the board once the December calendar is released. I'm sure it will be mentioned here. I think typically it's the first Saturday of the month. Not sure about this year with Thanksgiving being later and Pop Warner moved to the second week.

What exactly are the Osbourne lights? :confused3

You can go on the disney website and they have pictures, but basically they are in DHS and at Holiday time they decorate the streets of NY with Billions and Billions of lights and play music and sell hot chocolate and it snows too! It is awesome and not to be missed!!!!

Thanks...I guess I better add an evening trip to DHS to my itinerary. Mind you I pretty tired of snow after another storm last night!!

We're going Dec 3-9, 2008. We chose those dates based on what I read in forums and Disney books saying that it was less crowded. Plus my daughter adores Christmas decorations (what kid doesn't) AND it's cooler than May which was when we took our first trip. I found Florida humidity to be much different than Virginia humidity. :eek: Good luck with your planning!

Thanks...I guess I better add an evening trip to DHS to my itinerary. Mind you I pretty tired of snow after another storm last night!!

Hi BKMETV:

The Osborne Lights are not to be missed at Hollywood Studios (MGM)!!! Approx. 5 million lights that are sync to Christmas music. We went a second time last year just to see them... A great time to view them is during Fantasmic.

We are headed back there from 11/28 till 12/06 and plan on seeing it twice.

Also, don't miss the Candlelight Processional and MVMCP.

Have a Great Trip,

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter