• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips at CC?

disney_imagineer

Mouseketeer
i was looking through the various Castaway Cay excursions for an upcoming cruise and want to participate in so many of them. unfortunately, i know that time is limited and i can only do two, maybe three if timing works out.

but then i remember about tipping for cruises. i know about tipping the servers and etc. on the cruise, but what about tipping for excursions? is that also something that is standard? i don't want to be the embarrassing fool who didn't bring any cash to tip cuz i didn't know it was customery to tip.

which of these activities follow with tipping and how much?

1. Stingray Excurusion - tip the instructor?
2. Cabana Massage - definite tip on this one, but how much usually? 20% or flat rate of $X per person?
3. Parasailing - tip the boat captain and crew? how much?
4. Banana Boat - tip the boat pilot dragging the banana boat? how much?

appreciate any help! thanks!

That is a great question, because many people do not realize that the excursions like the catamaran snorkel, the waverunners, the parasailing, the banana boats are all run by outside companies.

We have never done any, so we didn't know until some disers we were with mentioned it.

Hopefully someone can help with the amounts. I wonder if you need to tip at the string ray one. Is this totally DCL run?

Also, bring cash to tip.

I just saw a thread (could have been on another board) where someone mentioned $2 per person for excursions for tipping. We had no clue on our first cruise what you were suppose to tip and for the two of us we were tipping $10-20! The next cruise we decided to just give $5. Seemed to be about right. I sure felt better about it.

Not sure I've ever seen a specific amount you're "supposed to" tip. We have 2 or 3 in our excursion group and we usually tip $5. If the person running the excursion was exceptional we tip $10. Some of them really go our of their way to be friendly and give information so we add the extra. So far no one has complained. :confused3

Cheryl

For massages on castaway cay, or anywhere, the customary tip is 20% or more.

For tour guides, no matter where we are at, we generally tip $10 to $20 for the two of us. depending on how helpful they have been.

This is a great question. We've tipped guides on excursions at other ports, but haven't thought about CC. So far we've only done one excursion type thing, a few years ago my DD and I went parasailing. Totally didn't think about tipping the operators or about bringing any cash. This time we've booked a couple of things and I will make sure I have some tip money. This thread will be helpful in figuring that out. I would also think the tip can be somewhat dependant on the price of the excursion. Say banna boat ride as compared to the personal water craft tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter