Tipping question.

Actually, those are the only 2 things I will tip on (in everyday life - the same doesn't apply to vacation where I utilize services I normally wouldn't utilize in everyday life). I tip my hair dresser a flat $20 every time. At restaurants, I tip based on service (a flat rate). I never, ever, and will never tip a percentage of my bill. If I have an outstanding waitress who brings my my $10 food she deserves more than a $2 tip and certainly more than the horrible waitress who brought my parties $60 food out and would be expecting a $12 tip. Tipping a percentage "just because" is utterly stupid and cheats the good staff out of deserved tips when its a party of 1 or if its a few people having desserts and the tab isn't very expensive.
I consider dog grooming as the same category as hair dresser, so it’s something I do tip for.

I do agree with you about the percentage. Sometimes we will tip a very large percentage (up to 100%) on a cheap meal where the service was excellent and we want to brighten the person’s day. It’s certainly not less work just because the food is cheaper, so I don’t know why they would deserve a lower tip than someone in a more expensive restaurant.

I tip my groomer $20.
For just a nail trim? Nail trim prices near me are $5-10 so a $20 tip would be a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter