Tipping at Character Bufffet Meals

bkrusen

Earning My Ears
My family is going to Disney World in late April. I have made priority seating at the Crystal Place and Donald's Prehistoric Breakfastasaurus for their Character meals. My question is...is it apprporiate and if so how much do you tip the wait staff at a buffet meal? My husband and I have differeing opions on this and I'd love people's opion. Thanks!:earsgirl:

I tip the same way that I would at a regular sit-down restaurant. They may be only picking up your plates and brining drinks, but you can just call it as you go.

Like any restaurant if you feel the service is fantastic then they get a high tip, if you have poor service then they get a below average tip.

Even with bad service I do keep the tip at a appropriate amount. I can't really think of extremely poor service any where in WDW, so I don't really find myself giving a small tips.

I also tip the same as a regular restaurant. 20% for excellent service and 15% for ok service and less for bad service.

I do know of many who only tip 10% since it's a buffet or nothing at all.

It's a personal thing. Do what you both feel comfortable with.

I would tip the same as if I was at a sit down 15-20%. Here is my reasoning. First, how many times does your server come by and clear the plates or refill beverages. Another factor -if you have small kids, how messy is the floor after you leave. You also have to remember that most servers only make 2.12 an hour plus tips. That means buy the time they pay the gov't they are relying solely on the tips that they have made. Basically, if they are good then tip them accordingly. I hopes this helps some.

Colleen

I agree with what others have already posted. At buffets, we tip 20% for great service and 15% for ok service. We use the thinking that the servers are coming by quite frequently to clear plates and fill drinks etc. so they deserve it.

Of course it's appropriate--as long as the service is good.

They are serving you drinks, clearing your table of used plates while you are back up at the buffet. i think there's actually more running being a buffet server than being a server in a full service place. At Donald's the servers even bus their own tables!

I agree with the others--20% for good service, 15% for OK service, and adjust downward for poor service. I'll tip up to 30% for outstanding service.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter