Timing: Parking and Park Open

Gator29

Mouseketeer
Hi - I am staying on Disney property and leaving the Disney bubble for just one day to head over to Universal to visit Harry Potter world. I know all the in and outs of planning a Disney park day but I am totally lost on this one. We'd love to be in the park as early as possible. What time should we plan to be at parking so we can be early for park entry? Like Disney, do they open early? The published opening time is 9:00.

What date will you be going to UO?
Some days of the week have larger crowds which means arrive earlier

Garage parking lines can get long

weekends brings in more visitors

I used a car service one day in February drop me off and it took more
Time than need

What date will you be going to UO?
Some days of the week have larger crowds which means arrive earlier

Garage parking lines can get long

weekends brings in more visitors

I used a car service one day in February drop me off and it took more
Time than need

Hi - We have a flex Ticket and will either go Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (June 22-24) depending on the weather. Published open time is 9:00. Just trying to decide what time we should get to the parking garage by.

Hi - I am staying on Disney property and leaving the Disney bubble for just one day to head over to Universal to visit Harry Potter world. I know all the in and outs of planning a Disney park day but I am totally lost on this one. We'd love to be in the park as early as possible. What time should we plan to be at parking so we can be early for park entry? Like Disney, do they open early? The published opening time is 9:00.
Early park entry (mostly for Harry Potter attractions) for both parks is available for resort guests, so be aware that there will be people in an hour ahead of you.

We are only going for the Harry Potter experience. The experience at Ollivanders Wand Shop is our TOP priority. We plan to make B line for there. Is it a reservation system or just wait in line? I have read different things. We may not even ride any rides (my daughter is not adenturous at all). Our goal is to get into the park early enough to experience the two Harry Potter Worlds and then head back to the resort before the heat of the day. Early is not a problem for us :) I'd rather have some time waiting around to get into the park than crazy waits as the day pick ups in attendance. So any further thoughts on when we should be at the parking garage?

I'll still say 8.
Have you considered one night at an onsite resort so you have zero commute in the morning and early entry? You can also use that onsite pool mid-day instead of paying so much money for just a morning in the park. Regroup poolside then head back later afternoon for the lower crowds and cooler temps.

In late May, we rolled up about 8:15am to the parking attendant every morning and we would be in line about 3/4 way down City Walk into the individual parks - so in front of one of the last big restaurants before getting to each park. Usually, we'd hit that line about 8:40-8:45am and it would start moving within 5 minutes or less, and they'd send us to the no-fingerprint scanner, so we'd get in the parks within 15 minutes of "line waiting" which worked for my kids...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter