Time share presentation for tickets?

cristen72

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever sat through a time share presentation to get free Universal tickets?

Husband and I are going to Florida on vacation without the kids. We will be at Disney for 4 days but will actually be arriving in Florida 2 days before our Disney checkin. We decided to just stay at a Comfort Inn or something for those nights and wander around Orlando.

Husband had the idea to try to do a timeshare presentation for tickets to Universal. We would like to go to the park for a day but we have more time than money :)

Anyone ever done this?

i did my one and only time share in orlando about 20 years ago.
was able to buy discounted park tickets after setting thru the presentation.
it took about 4 hours of my day.
3 of my kids were total brats during this time as they wanted to be in a park instead.
i was totally embarrased.

but, did buy cheap UO tickets for us.
a nice deal.
paid a fraction of what it would cost buying them out right.

we knew up front that 4 tickets would not be free but we would be paying a small amount for them after the presentation.

have no idea how it operates now.

We've done it, many times. We've done it both ways, just going to the presentation and getting the tickets and we've bought a package which includes either staying at the timeshare for a couple of nights or a local hotel and park tickets for a real good price. Haven't done it in a while but we've probably did it 5 or 6 times in Orlando. It helps that we live within a few hours too.

Just be sure you are willing to part with 3-4 hrs of your day. For us, it's worth paying more to buy tickets than it is to sit through the presentations.

Has anyone ever sat through a time share presentation to get free Universal tickets?

Husband and I are going to Florida on vacation without the kids. We will be at Disney for 4 days but will actually be arriving in Florida 2 days before our Disney checkin. We decided to just stay at a Comfort Inn or something for those nights and wander around Orlando.

Husband had the idea to try to do a timeshare presentation for tickets to Universal. We would like to go to the park for a day but we have more time than money :)

Anyone ever done this?

They've gotten stingy over the years, haven't seen one I'd sit thru for a long time.

Sheraton used to have one @ the Vistana for 3 nights for $199, and either $100 cash or 2 attraction tickets and NO mandatory presentation. They did call room enough in first 2 hours, I unplugged the phone. We had to do a face-to-face with TS rep to collect our cash.

Hilton puts guests up at the parc soliel

TS agents are slick, aggressive and well-trained, they are a breed apart from regular salespersons. If you do decide to sit thru a presentation it is imperative to give an reason for not buying that is insurmountable: state upfront as soon as you have first face-to-face with agent that you have absolutely no interest in buying and only attended for the vacation deal. Note that they do not start the time ticker until after the breakfast, so that the 90 minutes can easily stretch into hours. I have an uncle who would show up with an egg timer lol

you could get a low cost package for your accommodations and discounted park tix but I'd think twice.

If you aren't particular where you stay for the first 2 days, why not settle upon a star rating/location and hotwire or priceline something to save you enough $ for the U tickets? Another popular option is to not stay onsite @ WDW and book Bonnett Creek, heavily discounted from an owner.

Did this many time for Disney tickets, but never Universal. Seems like they have been offering cash lately. Inquire, or let them ask if you want to do it, then decline. They will call back with a better offer - more money, etc. Bratty kids are great if you are always having to reprimand them because the sales person quickly realizes you won't be buying. There is always a time limit and they will go over, but make them stick to it. It also helps to tell them you or your spouse just got fired (but you'd already paid for this trip) and there is no way you are buying anything until you find a job. Then slip them a pack of cigarettes (they all smoke) and ask if you can leave now.

Thanks for the responses. I've found several sites online that offer packages of 3 nights with 2 park tickets but I'm a little hesitant to use a third party website and would prefer to deal direct with the resort. I looked at Starwood as a recognizable name and they had packages on their site but they aren't available at the moment.

Nevertheless I submitted a request for info. If they contact me I will see what they offer.

The first time I went to Universal, I did so via a "timeshare" ticket. It was many years ago. At the time, you were given a choice of 2 consecutive day USF ticket or a 2 consecutive day IOA ticket. I'm not sure if those tickets are still a possibility but they could not easily/cheaply be converted to park hopper tickets. The one I did had no mandatory presentation requirement you would be "offered" a chance to take a tour. At the time, If I remember correctly, it had something to do with timeshare laws and making the offer to visit while you were still at home. Depending on the state you lived in, the presentation could be optional or mandatory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter