time of run when signing up?

margot31

DIS Veteran
So I am signing up for my star wars 5k. I had my first run yesterday. It was a 10 min run. The app I was using was giving me a 11:44 pace.

Went to sign up. Should I try and push for the 11-12 pace or be safe and 12-13 pace....does it really matter?

This is my first 5k EVER. Plus my first run disney event.

So I am signing up for my star wars 5k. I had my first run yesterday. It was a 10 min run. The app I was using was giving me a 11:44 pace.

Went to sign up. Should I try and push for the 11-12 pace or be safe and 12-13 pace....does it really matter?

This is my first 5k EVER. Plus my first run disney event.

My two cents: If they corral for Star Wars the way they did for Marathon Weekend it probably will not matter. If you think that under ideal conditions you could sustain the 11:44 pace for the 5k use the 11-12 pace. Keep in mind that for run Disney many people do not come close to their 5k times due to taking photos and waiting for characters. For that race the goal for many is to have fun.

Good luck with your training and have fun at the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter