• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Time Limit To Upgrade To DxDP

bitohoney

DIS Veteran
I just downgraded to the regular dining plan to save some money. If I change my mind, how late can I upgrade back to DxDP? So for example, could I upgrade 28 days out?
The CM on the phone just said there "might" be a change fee of $65 if I upgrade past the 45 day window. :confused3

I just downgraded to the regular dining plan to save some money. If I change my mind, how late can I upgrade back to DxDP? So for example, could I upgrade 28 days out?
The CM on the phone just said there "might" be a change fee of $65 if I upgrade past the 45 day window. :confused3
3 days.

This year, I did a similar thing, and downgraded to DDP at 45 days out to pay it off (major fail in budgeting and forgetting to pay payments ><). I reupgraded at about 7 days out and was charged an additional $15.

Normally, there is an "up to" $50 fee for changes made after 45 days. They'll typically waive this for upgrades. However, changes made a week or two (or less) out will also typically incur this smaller fee whether they are upgrades or downgrades. (As has been reported by several people doing similar things)

In August, I was able to upgrade my dad's package from regular DDP to DXDDP the day before he checked in. No change fee since the new package was a higher price than the old package. YMMV, but we didn't have any trouble at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter