Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Mixman88, Nov 2, 2017.

1. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

2. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

How about you live your life and they can live theirs? Sounds like a bunch of jealousy to me!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Catvondita

Catvondita A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World

Not everyone who has an issue with someone is jealous. That's such silly logic lol

5. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

It's really amazing how people with "issues" about entertainers continue to follow their lives and even track their purchasing habits. Certainly seems like jealousy – and a little bit of obsession – to me.

tinkerbell1991 likes this.
  6. Catvondita

Catvondita A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World

Oh I agree some people take it way far but I’m trying to give this person the benefit of the doubt. Like with the purchasing habits, these people are on YouTube and document their lives so it’s not hard to see what they spend their money on so it’s sort of fair game to make comments on something like that (to clarify I don’t have any issues with the trackers) but I think you can follow someone and still point out aspects you like and dislike

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  7. McNs

McNs DIS Veteran

They have had some freebies recently but I guess when you work hard enough and your content is good enough to get over 500,000 subscribers then odds are pretty good businesses will be wanting you to promote their stuff...

Our family are big Tracker fans, and now watch their vlogs daily. After seeing them talk a couple of years ago about not being able to have children, we were all so happy for them.

8. SorcererHeidi

A saying that's an oldie, but a goodie (kinda like me!) :) "Live and LET live".

I've started/stopped watching numerous vloggers over the years - sometimes after a short time, sometimes a very long one. Mostly it's because their content either changed, and/or no longer interested me, sometimes I found out a short way in their content was different than I thought, or didn't interest me. In one case, it was because their personal habits started getting very questionable to me, and I no longer felt akin to them (I think a lot of people, including myself, become attached to certain vloggers because they feel they are "like" them in some respects). And I had watched them for several years, and even supported them on Patreon for a short while. But I reminded myself I am NOT the judge and jury of their lives, or how they live them, how they spend their money, or what their personal habits are. So - I used the same perogative that EVERYONE has - I turned the video off, and hit "Unsubscribe" on YouTube. Simple enough.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  9. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I didn't hear where they claimed they were experts and giving the best tips for touring the parks, they're just 2 people who like exploring and sharing their journeys, sometimes with tips or advice...and sometimes they correct themselves if they got something wrong.

Why are you comparing food to merchandise prices? everyone has their own level of "value" they perceive from different things. Just because you think a $20 meal is expensive doesn't mean you can't afford it, it just means it may be overpriced for what you get.

I don't know why people think Tim and Jenn have some kind of hidden agenda where they expect free stuff all the time for being bloggers....they just do what they do and these companies reach out to them. I'd also like to point out that they cover pretty much all kinds of parks, they aren't Disney only die-hards like some others (Lou Mongello, for example)

10. TaytonsTourGuide

TaytonsTourGuide Earning My Ears

I agree...if their content is good enough that Disney notices and wants to give them freebies, more power to them. I actually prefer when they are "hosted" because I think its content we wouldnt get from them otherwise - and our family enjoys their perspective (and my 10 year old thinks Tim is hilarious on rides).

They arent hiding the benefits they receive from different parks (Disney, Dollywood, Silver Dollar City, wherever). Theyre really upfront about it in every video - going so far as to say which things they pay for and which are provided.

We watch them every day and are so excited for their new baby adventure.

To the main point: im kind of bummed that if we see him we wont be able to get a picture with him. My son searches for him every time we are in a Disney park, on either coast.

TexasErin, Disneylvr, ChrisFL and 2 others like this.
  11. SaintsManiac

SaintsManiac DIS Veteran

They still take pictures with people.

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  12. TaytonsTourGuide

TaytonsTourGuide Earning My Ears

Oops, I must have missed that. Thats good to hear :) Thanks

13. Disney Von Drake

Disney Von Drake DIS Veteran

And Disney has been very kind in asking them not to participate in that activity.

14. GeneralTso

GeneralTso DIS Veteran

I think the Trackers are great. Not everyone shares that sentiment.
    I also think they are really big "Influencers" (gads I hate that term), just like the team here is. With that comes a lot of perks and freebies. Like trips!!! Press previews!! Early access!!
    These folks dedicate a lot of time into this Disney stuff and clearly they influence US. They are true believers and like to share that passion.
    Like anything else online, take it or leave it. No harm, no foul. It's Disney--be happy!

15. SorcererHeidi

Nicely stated, @GeneralTso. And also yes, I will admit to being a huge Trackie :rotfl: I totally objectively also say that they have been vlogging pretty much EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR 10 YEARS (no - not all Disney, but a MAJOR portion of it is!) and they have only VERY recently been staring to get stuff that is considered "freebies" or "media perks". That's a LONG time to be payin' your dues!!

TexasErin likes this.