Yep to the above. You can apply the value of those tickets to a future ticket purchase. Very occasionally I have seen exceptions made.

Currently at downtown Disney and need to change my park ticket from 3 to 4 for Epcot tomorrow. How and where do I go to do this?

I hope this is the right place to ask this...

Several years back, just before they stopped offering them, DH and I each bought a 10 day non-expiring ticket and we've been slowly using up those days. We had 3 days left each and then we booked a trip for next week and made park reservations for 3 days so in MDE each of our tickets showed zero days left. So far so good. Then yesterday I cancelled one of those park reservations and so far I don't see that day added back to our tickets, we're still showing zero days left. Will the day only come back after the day of the cancelled reservation has passed?

ETA - I found my answer on another thread - the phone app shows the correct amount of days on my old 10 day ticket. MDE on my computer does not show days left.

On my last trip in April, I had a cm put all of my old, old tickets onto plastic cards and she wrote down how many days were left on each.

Today, I put two of them onto my MDE and assigned one to me and one to DH for our upcoming trip. Once I chose who they were for, they were non-transferable, since it knows that someone once used the cards but it doesn't know who since the tickets are so old.

The one that I assigned to DH is one that I'm not sure whether it was child or adult but it is now adult in my MDE. The cm said that it has 3 days left on it. However, my MDE shows that it is a 10 day no expiration tickets and doesn't indicate how many days were used. I can't try booking park days since we already have them booked since DH and I have un-activated AP vouchers in our account.

My question is, has anyone had experience with partially used old tickets and does MDE show how many days are left to use? Of course, it would be awesome if DH actually could use more days than the 3 we were told, but I'm wondering why it doesn't say on MDE what is left. (See my edit above - the phone app shows the correct amount of days left on the ticket).

Last edited:
Several years back, just before they stopped offering them, DH and I each bought a 10 day non-expiring ticket and we've been slowly using up those days.
1. We had 3 days left each and then we booked a trip for next week and made park reservations for 3 days
2. so in MDE each of our tickets showed zero days left. So far so good.
3. Then yesterday I cancelled one of those park reservations and so far I don't see that day added back to our tickets, we're still showing zero days left.
4. Will the day only come back after the day of the cancelled reservation has passed?
1. OK.
2. That doesn't sound right, to me.
3. I don't know that when you make park reservations your "ticket days" drop off the listing.
(Maybe they do, but that's news to me.)
That being said, if the Ticket days "drop off" as soon as you make a park reservation, THEN:
If you cancel a park reservation, that "dropped ticket day" should immediately (or very quickly) return.
(Otherwise, how could you CHANGE a park reservation from one park to another?)
4. See #3 above.

Some reports have said it is no longer allowed.
Time will tell whether this is just a short term aberration... or a new policy, in general.
Guests can always ask nicely for what they'd like.
Asking nicely would not have helped. This was not allowed. You are not allowed to upgrade to an AP with restrictions if you’ve already used the ticket on restricted days.

We bought 6 day PH from UCT. We are a party of 5, however 2 of want to upgrade to AP. We have bridged either at the park or at DS previous years, however, with park reservations a reality now, I'm concerned that we will lose reservations and may not get into the park that the rest of our party have reservations. Our trip is Jan 12-19, 2022.

Thoughts? Would it be better for us to upgrade via a call before our trip?

TIA!

1. OK.
2. That doesn't sound right, to me.
3. I don't know that when you make park reservations your "ticket days" drop off the listing.
(Maybe they do, but that's news to me.)
That being said, if the Ticket days "drop off" as soon as you make a park reservation, THEN:
If you cancel a park reservation, that "dropped ticket day" should immediately (or very quickly) return.
(Otherwise, how could you CHANGE a park reservation from one park to another?)
4. See #3 above.

Thanks, Robo. I called them and they said it's a display issue, ticket days are not supposed to drop off the list when you make a park reservation. They reported the problem and assured me that I actually do have 3 days left on each ticket as expected.

We bought 6 day PH from UCT. We are a party of 5, however 2 of want to upgrade to AP. We have bridged either at the park or at DS previous years, however, with park reservations a reality now, I'm concerned that we will lose reservations and may not get into the park that the rest of our party have reservations. Our trip is Jan 12-19, 2022.
Thoughts? Would it be better for us to upgrade via a call before our trip?
If you are staying for the entire trip at a WDW resort, you can upgrade anytime, before or during the trip.

If you are not staying for the entire trip at a WDW resort,
I'd wait to upgrade until on day two of your trip.
Your remaining 5 reservations should not drop off.

My grown children and significant others are flying down to celebrate the holidays (non holiday week) this November. We have a couple of timeshares booked that are NOT DISNEY. I want to surprise them with 3 day tickets to the parks. They are all on my friends and family list. How would they use the tickets? I am assuming I will order them online and assign each ticket to each person. Since they won't have magic bands, do they use it on their phones? I have some old magic bands (like maybe 20 LOL) sitting in a drawer here at home. Can I assign one of my old magic bands to one of the people? I always get confused regarding Magic Bands if not staying onsite. Thanks!

My grown children and significant others are flying down to celebrate the holidays (non holiday week) this November. We have a couple of timeshares booked that are NOT DISNEY. I want to surprise them with 3 day tickets to the parks. They are all on my friends and family list. How would they use the tickets? I am assuming I will order them online and assign each ticket to each person. Since they won't have magic bands, do they use it on their phones? I have some old magic bands (like maybe 20 LOL) sitting in a drawer here at home. Can I assign one of my old magic bands to one of the people? I always get confused regarding Magic Bands if not staying onsite. Thanks!
Sorry, no, you can’t reassign an old MB to another person. They can get ticket cards at any ticket booth or GR before entering the parks, or they can use their phones if they wish. Given that Genie will be in effect by then, they might choose to buy their own MBs if they schedule any Genie+ LL rides or ILL$, so they can tap into the LL instead of taking out their ticket card, tapping and then putting it back. You could leave that up to them - MBs are readily available and take only a few minutes to link.

Just to make sure I am understanding… if I buy a 7 day ticket for my upcoming trip, but we decide we need a midweek rest day, and only use 6 of my days, the last day could be used as a credit when I buy park tickets for my next trip? We are traveling with newbies this trip and I’m really concerned they will need more downtime than we are used to.

Just to make sure I am understanding… if I buy a 7 day ticket for my upcoming trip, but we decide we need a midweek rest day,
1.and only use 6 of my days, the last day could be used as a credit when I buy park tickets for my next trip?
2. We are traveling with newbies this trip and I’m really concerned they will need more downtime than we are used to.
1. Nope. That is not allowed. Unused days on a partially-used ticket expire to zero value at the prescribed number of days following first use.
2. In that case, you should buy tickets with fewer days, and then upgrade to additional days if and when needed.

Last edited:
Robo, a "what if" question on AP benefits , specifically the Sorcerer Pass. I am a DVC member so I can purchase this type pass. I also noticed that NYE 2022 is on a weekend which is quite tempting.

My current scenario is to buy the Sorcerer pass fall of next year. If I decide to return for NYE I could simply buy a single day of two day ticket and use that as admission for those day(s) in the AP blackout period, correct? If true, could I still use the active Sorcerer AP for theme park parking in the blackout period even if I'm not able to use it for theme park admission?

Robo, a "what if" question on AP benefits , specifically the Sorcerer Pass. I am a DVC member so I can purchase this type pass. I also noticed that NYE 2022 is on a weekend which is quite tempting.
My current scenario is to buy the Sorcerer pass fall of next year.

1. If I decide to return for NYE I could simply buy a single day of two day ticket and use that as admission for those day(s) in the AP blackout period, correct?
2. If true, could I still use the active Sorcerer AP for theme park parking in the blackout period even if I'm not able to use it for theme park admission?
1. Correct. Nothing restricts guests from owning and using multiple tickets and/or APs.
2. My guess is no. (Maybe others have experience with this kind of situation.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter