Question regarding upgrading to park hoppers: we currently have a package booked for October - 6 people and I got ten day tickets for everyone. Once we are there, can we upgrade four of those tickets to include park hoppers but not the other two? We can’t do it now because all tickets in a package have to be the same

My AP expired in April of this year. I called and renewed it at the discounted rate. My account shows that I have a renewal certificate that expires 12/31/30. When I go on my trip in October I will have to have it activated and it will be good until April 2022.

What if they start selling APs before then. When I go in October do you think I could use my renewal certificate to get a new AP with a start date of October 2021? And I would pay the difference between my discounted renewal AP and the new AP price. Just a thought.. tia

I think I’m going to cancel my feb 2022 package to the Boardwalk Inn because I got a better deal to the swan that I couldn’t resist..
do I need to cancel my current park reservations when I buy my new tickets? Or will they just carry over? Thank you!

do I need to cancel my current park reservations when I buy my new tickets? Or will they just carry over?
The theme park reservations will carry as long as you have valid ticket media in your MDE. I recommend buying and linking the new tickets before cancelling the BWI package.

My AP expired in April of this year. I called and renewed it at the discounted rate. My account shows that I have a renewal certificate that expires 12/31/30. When I go on my trip in October I will have to have it activated and it will be good until April 2022.

What if they start selling APs before then.
1. When I go in October do you think I could use my renewal certificate to get a new AP with a start date of October 2021?
2. And I would pay the difference between my discounted renewal AP and the new AP price.
1. Unlikely. (But, who knows?)
2. Doing what you ask has never been generally offered before, so there's no way to predict.

Bought a 6 day park hopper ticket direct from Disney site for an upcoming trip at the end of August. Is it possible to change it to a 3 day park hopper? I know you can upgrade and add days, but can you subtract days? Staying at SSR.

Bought a 6 day park hopper ticket direct from Disney site for an upcoming trip at the end of August. Is it possible to change it to a 3 day park hopper? I know you can upgrade and add days, but can you subtract days? Staying at SSR.
Is it part of a package or purchased separately? If part of a package, you should be able to adjust, but may have to pay a $50 change fee if you are less than 30 days from your check in date.

Bought separately.

You can always use fewer days but if you're asking whether you can turn a 6-day pass into a 3-day pass and get a refund on the difference, the answer would be no.

You could just save that 6-day pass and use it later by paying any difference in price at the time that you switch the dates on it. Then purchase a 3-day pass to use in August. But that's just throwing more money at Disney.

After you cancel your park reservation, you don't need to do anything in regard to your ticket.
Just leave it in your MDX.
Copy the ticket number and keep that number on file elsewhere in your computer.
If you don't use the ticket before it finally completely expires (likely sometime in the year 2022,) you will still be able to use it's original Disney purchase price toward buying a new ticket in the future.
thank you for this info. We are debating cancelling our park reservation for this Friday. I assured my wife we could use our sunk cost in those one day tickets towards the purchase of future tickets if we choose to cancel. Am I correct that we could use that amount paid towards those current tickets towards the purchases of, say, two day park hoppers? Or am I locked in to using this credit/amount towards another one day one park ticket?

thank you for this info. We are debating cancelling our park reservation for this Friday. I assured my wife we could use our sunk cost in those one day tickets towards the purchase of future tickets if we choose to cancel. Am I correct that we could use that amount paid towards those current tickets towards the purchases of, say, two day park hoppers? Or am I locked in to using this credit/amount towards another one day one park ticket?
And to that end, can this be done automatically in My Disney Experience, or do I need to do so physically in-person with guest services?

And to that end, can this be done automatically in My Disney Experience, or do I need to do so physically in-person with guest services?
You can apply each ticket's cost to another ticket of equal or greater cost, one ticket to one ticket (you can't apply the total for both tickets to the cost of a single ticket). You're not locked in to the same type of ticket you have now. Some people have been able to update their tickets in MDE before they expired, some have not, so it's worth a try.

You can apply each ticket's cost to another ticket of equal or greater cost, one ticket to one ticket (you can't apply the total for both tickets to the cost of a single ticket). You're not locked in to the same type of ticket you have now. Some people have been able to update their tickets in MDE before they expired, some have not, so it's worth a try.
Great thank you!

You can always use fewer days but if you're asking whether you can turn a 6-day pass into a 3-day pass and get a refund on the difference, the answer would be no.

You could just save that 6-day pass and use it later by paying any difference in price at the time that you switch the dates on it. Then purchase a 3-day pass to use in August. But that's just throwing more money at Disney.

I would call ticketing and see what they can do. During COVID it has been my experience they have been very flexible with ticket policies. We went in March and didn't feel comfortable wearing the masks in the heat all day and they refunded me the unused days without hesitation. With things heating up again in Florida they may be able to help you. I have always found it is best to ask as long as you go in knowing the answer may be no.

I have a package with 4 day park hoppers, for 4 people, there is a small chance I end up going solo, if my family will need to quarantine upon return.

If I go and use my ticket but my family doesn’t use their tickets will I be able to use the value for future tickets? I think yes based on first few post, but not positive as it’s part of a package.

I purchased four 4-day park hoppers from Undercover Tourist with a start date of Aug. 4. We've decided to postpone our trip but not exactly sure of the new dates. I believe I have to change the start date in MDE before Aug. 4 to keep these tickets valid. If I change my start date in MDE to a date in January, but then we decide to push it out further, can we change the date again before the new January date I select? And if I pick a January date, but then we decide to go earlier (say November), can I change the ticket to that earlier date? I guess I'm wondering if there's a limit to how many times I can change the start date on these tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter