I’m sorry if this has been answered...I have been searching!

We would like to renew our FL annual passes. When I go to do it, it only has mine Showing for renewel. My 19 yr old daughter has hers on her app but surely there has to be a way to do my whole family. I’m pretty sure my 16 yr shouldn’t have to do hers separately. Any advice on how to renew my whole family?

I think our family has an unique situation but if it has been discussed somewhere else in the thread, I apologize.

In January of 2020, we purchased 10 day tickets with plans to upgrade them to APs during our June trip. The plan was to take a late June 2020 trip and early 2021 June trip on the AP. So of course, with everything that happened, we were unable to get an AP in 2020 and the tickets remained unused. Now it is summer of 2021, still had plans to upgrade to AP in June and it still isn’t an option. So with our trip drawing close, we considered purchasing a new ticket and holding on to the 10 day ticket, let it expire and apply it for an AP in 2022. We just discovered that that is not an option since park reservations are full the week we have plans to travel so no new tickets can be purchased. We can only use 5 days this year, can only use the 10 day tickets to enter the parks and we can not change our travel date.
Anybody have a guess if or what Disney could do for us? 5 park days is a lot of money to just watch go down the drain. :scared:

We have a trip planned 12/29/21 - 1/7/22. We plan to purchase 8-day MYW park hoppers beginning 12/29 or 12/30. If APs return, based on current rules, would we be able to upgrade them to Gold APs (we are DVC members) at the end of our trip, even though the tickets were used during the Gold pass blackout period? If so, is the expiration date one year from the first date we used the MYW ticket, even though it was in the blackout period?

I’m sorry if this has been answered...I have been searching!

We would like to renew our FL annual passes. When I go to do it, it only has mine Showing for renewel. My 19 yr old daughter has hers on her app but surely there has to be a way to do my whole family. I’m pretty sure my 16 yr shouldn’t have to do hers separately. Any advice on how to renew my whole family?
CALL Disney.

I think our family has an unique situation but if it has been discussed somewhere else in the thread, I apologize.

In January of 2020, we purchased 10 day tickets with plans to upgrade them to APs during our June trip. The plan was to take a late June 2020 trip and early 2021 June trip on the AP. So of course, with everything that happened, we were unable to get an AP in 2020 and the tickets remained unused. Now it is summer of 2021, still had plans to upgrade to AP in June and it still isn’t an option. So with our trip drawing close, we considered purchasing a new ticket and holding on to the 10 day ticket, let it expire and apply it for an AP in 2022. We just discovered that that is not an option since park reservations are full the week we have plans to travel so no new tickets can be purchased. We can only use 5 days this year, can only use the 10 day tickets to enter the parks and we can not change our travel date.
Anybody have a guess if or what Disney could do for us? 5 park days is a lot of money to just watch go down the drain. :scared:
Same advice as above.
CALL Disney and carefully explain.
They can likely help you.

We have a trip planned 12/29/21 - 1/7/22. We plan to purchase 8-day MYW park hoppers beginning 12/29 or 12/30.
1. If APs return, based on current rules, would we be able to upgrade them to Gold APs (we are DVC members) at the end of our trip, even though the tickets were used during the Gold pass blackout period?
2. If so, is the expiration date one year from the first date we used the MYW ticket, even though it was in the blackout period?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.

I have a trip in Nov and my AP expires in the middle. I'm worried about park reservations and considering renewing my AP (but I'm not 100% on that yet). I think what I need to do is buy a ticket now for the post-AP days to secure my park reservations, then if I decided to renew the AP, prior to it expiring I could apply the unused ticket to the renewal? Can this be done by calling Disney anytime in the 60 days prior to expiration or does it need to be done in person? (Since my AP expires mid-trip I would have the ability to do it in-person if I have to.)

Also, has Disney denied anybody the ability to use an used ticket towards a renewal or are they pretty good about allowing that?

I have a trip in Nov and my AP expires in the middle. I'm worried about park reservations and considering renewing my AP (but I'm not 100% on that yet). I think what I need to do is buy a ticket now for the post-AP days to secure my park reservations, then
1. if I decided to renew the AP, prior to it expiring I could apply the unused ticket to the renewal?
2. Can this be done by calling Disney anytime in the 60 days prior to expiration or does it need to be done in person?
3. (Since my AP expires mid-trip I would have the ability to do it in-person if I have to.)
4. Also, has Disney denied anybody the ability to use an used ticket towards a renewal or are they pretty good about allowing that?
1. Yes.
2. You could...
3. Yup. Good plan.
4. Still works.

Is it possible to upgrade the promotional 4-day Florida resident ticket? My son is now a Florida resident, but will need more than 4 days. I'm wondering if we can add days to his ticket and, if so, if we need to wait until we get there - and therefore could not reserve his park days. Also, could we upgrade the ticket to a gold annual pass at the end of our trip (in the parks)?

Or do I need to buy him an undiscounted 6 or 7 day ticket if I want to reserve 6 or 7 park days for him?

Is it possible to upgrade the promotional 4-day Florida resident ticket? My son is now a Florida resident, but will need more than 4 days.
1. I'm wondering if we can add days to his ticket and,
2. if so, if we need to wait until we get there - and therefore could not reserve his park days.
3. Also, could we upgrade the ticket to a gold annual pass at the end of our trip (in the parks)?
4. Or do I need to buy him an undiscounted 6 or 7 day ticket if I want to reserve 6 or 7 park days for him?
1. Unlikely that ticket, itself, can be upgraded.
But, its purchase value can be traded-in to buy a NEW ticket of longer length.
2. Try CALLING and explaining what you'd like to do.
3. Yes. Regular tickets can be upgraded to APs (whichever APs are being sold.)
4. Buying a new ticket is a more direct way to do it, without needing outside assistance.

we have AP's that expired March 2021. I renewed them, but my MDE says they certificates with 12/31/30 expirations. Do they really expire in March 2022? I'm kind of confused..

We are going to Disney in June, so I was just curious as to what my expiration date will be.

Is Disney letting passholders upgrade to Platinum Plus? If not, do the BB tickets for AP holders have summer blackout dates?

Thanks!

we have AP's that expired March 2021. I renewed them, but my MDE says they certificates with 12/31/30 expirations. Do they really expire in March 2022? I'm kind of confused..

We are going to Disney in June, so I was just curious as to what my expiration date will be.

Is Disney letting passholders upgrade to Platinum Plus? If not, do the BB tickets for AP holders have summer blackout dates?

Thanks!
How did you renew? In person, online, over the phone? If not in person, maybe they’re renewal certificates waiting for you to activate them at GR at first visit for APs that will expire in March 2022. Otherwise they sound like vouchers for new APs that you can activate anytime and start your year then. What level AP did you renew and what did you pay?

How did you renew? In person, online, over the phone? If not in person, maybe they’re renewal certificates waiting for you to activate them at GR at first visit for APs that will expire in March 2022. Otherwise they sound like vouchers for new APs that you can activate anytime and start your year then. What level AP did you renew and what did you pay?

they were Platinum and I called to renew because I had 5 day park hoppers that I put towards the purchase. They had to have a renewal discount because I paid $981 for two platinums upgraded from 5 day park hoppers. I'm hoping that they will have a June expiry but won't be surprised if it's March. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

they were Platinum and I called to renew because I had 5 day park hoppers that I put towards the purchase. They had to have a renewal discount because I paid $981 for two platinums upgraded from 5 day park hoppers. I'm hoping that they will have a June expiry but won't be surprised if it's March. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Here’s pixie dust for June expiry! :tinker:pixiedust:

Hi, I hope I'm posting in the right place.

We are thinking of booking a trip over Thanksgiving. The hotel we ant to stay at only has availability for part of the stay, so we were going to book 2 nights at Beach Club or another resort, then 3 nights at the Polynesian. I don't know how I would add the tickets to the reservation if I book. When I go to book the 2 nights at BC, I wanted to add 6 day park hoppers (to have for whole trip) but it will only allow me purchase 3 day ph's. Is there a way to add all 6 days to the 1st reservation, then room only for the second? Thanks for any help anyone can provide. :)

We are thinking of booking a trip over Thanksgiving. The hotel we ant to stay at only has availability for part of the stay, so we were going to book 2 nights at Beach Club or another resort, then 3 nights at the Polynesian.
I don't know how I would add the tickets to the reservation if I book.
When I go to book the 2 nights at BC,
1. I wanted to add 6 day park hoppers (to have for whole trip)
2. but it will only allow me purchase 3 day ph's.
3. Is there a way to add all 6 days to the 1st reservation, then room only for the second? Thanks for any help anyone can provide. :)
1. That's how you should be able to do it.
2. I don't know why that is. There should not be a limitation on the number of days you can buy for the tickets.
3. CALL and book your trip.
(There are other workarounds, but try calling and setting things up the way you describe.)

I have a multi day TPT question. I am traveling with my mother for my first DVC stay in August. The room is not reserved yet since I do not yet have my points. My mom wants to buy a 3 day TPT now, to ensure she gets park reservations. IF for some reason she needs to cancel her trip, can the ticket be assigned to a different date and/or saved for a future trip? TIA!
(I am a happy AP in this circumstance)

can the ticket be assigned to a different date and/or saved for a future trip?
Yes. (Within a reasonable timeframe.)
Otherwise, if it expires unused, its original value can be applied to buying a new ticket in the future.

Last edited:
Great, thank you! That’s what I thought, but wanted to be sure!

Per your first question, prior to editing, theme park ticket was shortened to TPT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter