############################################################
Park HOPPER (Park Hopping) will return Jan. 1, 2021

www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/modified-park-hopping-returns-to-disney-world-in-january/

The Disney Parks Blog has announced that a modified park hopper option is returning to the Walt Disney World Resort beginning January 1, 2021.

The new option will require guests to make a Park Pass Reservations for their first park of the day then physically go to that park.

At 2 p.m. they can head to any other Disney theme park for the rest of the day until that park closes without needing a second reservation.

It's important to note that capacity limits are still in place and could change at any time.

We are under new travel restrictions and have to cancel our December trip. We rented DVC points and have asked the owner to cancel the reservation for us. I am manually going through and cancelling dining, experience, and park reservations. We purchased 7 day Park Hoppers through Boardwalk Ticketing/Park Savers in February, before the last price hike. How does it work to apply the value of the tickets toward a future purchase? I still have the physical cards. I just want to minimize our loss at this point.

How does it work to apply the value of the tickets toward a future purchase? I still have the physical cards. I just want to minimize our loss at this point.
Short answer:
Do not do anything at this time.

Hold onto your physical cards until you are getting ready to actually make the WDW trip.
At that time, re-ask your question on this board.
We may have much more specific answers at that time.

I personally would call Boardwalk Ticketing and find out what their current policy is. Others who know more than me, would Disney apply the credit towards future tickets if she bought it through Boardwalk or would she have go through the reseller?

Deb

If your tickets were purchased in February, they should have had their expiration date extended if I've understood the policy correctly. If this is correct, you should be able to use them as-is if you are able to go prior to late September next year. Otherwise, like Robo said, it's best to just hang onto them and then when you are ready to apply them to new tickets, find out the best way to do so at that time.

"Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a usage window impacted by park closure, or date-specific theme park tickets purchased through June 6, 2020 with a valid use period beginning March 12, 2020 or later, will automatically be extended to use any date through September 26, 2021. If you are unable to visit by September 26, 2021, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date."
(from Disney's website, down towards the bottom of this page - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/)

I personally would call Boardwalk Ticketing and find out what their current policy is. Others who know more than me, would Disney apply the credit towards future tickets if she bought it through Boardwalk or would she have go through the reseller?

Deb
Once they are linked to your account it generally doesn't matter where they were purchased, they should function the same.

I will be heading to WDW on 12/2 and was going to stop at Disney Springs first to get my tickets prioritized - the ticket that I purchased for this trip from a third party has park hoppers assigned to it. Will they just give me a cash refund or some other credit for the park hopper portion of my ticket?

Not sure since it is a 3rd party ticket, maybe Disney gift cards ? Did you contact the company you purchased the tix from and get their explanation ?

I want to buy my kids tickets for Christmas but the current deal ends on the 18th of December.
Is a new deal coming out prior to that date? What's the best way to go about this?

Most likely there won’t be a discount available for tickets for the time period from 12/19-12/31 as the parks will be at or very near capacity for those dates and Disney doesn’t need to discount the tickets. Look for discounts starting up again in January

Expect to get the difference refunded by Disney (in person.)
Expect that to be on a Disney gift card.

I am good with a gift card - it spends just as well as cash. And since everything seems to be cashless - that’s even better

I'm from the West Coast and bought DLR tickets in February that will expire at the end of the year. Since no one knows when DLR will reopen, I have booked a room-only at CBR for June 2021.

1. Does anyone think Disney will give credit to expired DLR tickets for WDW tickets?
2. How soon (or late) should I purchase WDW tickets for June 2021?
3. Would it be better to make it a package and then add Disney trip insurance at the 30-day mark?

I'm from the West Coast and bought DLR tickets in February that will expire at the end of the year. Since no one knows when DLR will reopen, I have booked a room-only at CBR for June 2021.

1. Does anyone think Disney will give credit to expired DLR tickets for WDW tickets?
2. How soon (or late) should I purchase WDW tickets for June 2021?
3. Would it be better to make it a package and then add Disney trip insurance at the 30-day mark?
1. That was against specific policy for years.
2. Nobody knows.
As soon as you are "sure" you are going... check park availability, then buy tickets.
3. The “package” plan is good one.
It is up to you if you think insurance will be worth the price after the cutoff time.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can activate your annual pass at the resort? Thanks.
You can ask at the Concierge Desk.
If they don't appear to know how to do it...
politely decline and activate it at a Guest Relations.

BTW, your AP will not actually start "counting down" its year of use until you actually use it to enter a park gate.

BTW, your AP will not actually start "counting down" its year of use until you actually use it to enter a park gate.
Thanks for the information.

Unless it’s a renewal, then it begins counting down the day after your previous AP expired.

Hi Guys!

We bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist. I want to add one more day, is there an affordable way to do this? If I purchase a one day ticket it's $500 for me and my 2 kids. I know with Disney you can change it and pay the difference but it looks like I'm out of luck. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't another option I'm missing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter