According to what I read on post #5 of this thread (titled 'UPGRADES'), you cannot upgrade to an AP over the phone, but I'm sure the experts watching will have the best information. I'm going to upgrade during our trip next week since I don't think it's possible so interested to see the official response.
Another poster posted about being able to Upgrade to AP using his MDX account. I don’t think gift cards were involved, though.

Sorry if this has been posted but has anyone seen the ticket price increases at DL today? 5% to 11% depending on the type and length. AP's went up 8% to 23%! Are we expected to see these increases for WDW in Florida? 23%? They can't be serious.

Last edited:
I was wondering about that too. So an AP certificate can be bought at today’s prices and saved to be used in a future year? I thought that had changed at the same time as the new ticket structure came into place.
From the AP section of the Original Post:
An AP certificate is by nature NOT activated, and will remain fresh and ready to activate up through the end of the year 2030.

We may or may not visit WDW a second time this year, so I bought park hoppers from UT and may upgrade to DVC APs in February. Two quick questions:

1. If I upgrade on our second day, will the Memory Maker apply to photos taken the first day of our trip (before the upgrade), or must I upgrade the first day to have access to photos taken that day?

2. If I upgrade to a DVC Gold Pass in February, then decide later that we want to visit during a blackout period, can I upgrade those passes again to Premium Passes (upon arrival in December)? Or is there no double dipping?

We may or may not visit WDW a second time this year, so I bought park hoppers from UT and may upgrade to DVC APs in February. Two quick questions:

1. If I upgrade on our second day, will the Memory Maker apply to photos taken the first day of our trip (before the upgrade), or must I upgrade the first day to have access to photos taken that day?

2. If I upgrade to a DVC Gold Pass in February, then decide later that we want to visit during a blackout period, can I upgrade those passes again to Premium Passes (upon arrival in December)?
3. Or is there no double dipping?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. You can keep upgrading as long as there is “room” to upgrade.

Another poster posted about being able to Upgrade to AP using his MDX account. I don’t think gift cards were involved, though.
Hmmnn, I just checked the website and the app and don't see a way to upgrade to AP. I can do up to 10 days, add hopper, etc, though. When I was there in Aug the app suggested to me that I should upgrade to an AP, but I was onsite at the time and had used the ticket. Guess I will call.

According to what I read on post #5 of this thread (titled 'UPGRADES'), you cannot upgrade to an AP over the phone, but I'm sure the experts watching will have the best information. I'm going to upgrade during our trip next week since I don't think it's possible so interested to see the official response.

I saw that too but was hoping for a recent experience. I guess I will call and let you know if I have any success. :)

I took one for the team and was successful!

They were able to upgrade my unused 2 day ticket (new kind) to a Platinum AP on the phone. I had to call 407-566-4985, option 4, option 4. He hooked me up. He did say not all can be done on the phone, but didn't specify which can and can't.

I linked it to MDE already and my fast passes will stay put.

Just FYI for those of you asking...@mousecatcher

Hmmnn, I just checked the website and the app and don't see a way to upgrade to AP. I can do up to 10 days, add hopper, etc, though. When I was there in Aug the app suggested to me that I should upgrade to an AP, but I was onsite at the time and had used the ticket. Guess I will call.
FYI - to those reading along and wondering, the option to upgrade to an AP will only show when you are onsite. And have used at least 1 day of the ticket.

I took one for the team and was successful!

They were able to upgrade my unused 2 day ticket (new kind) to a Platinum AP on the phone. I had to call 407-566-4985, option 4, option 4. He hooked me up. He did say not all can be done on the phone, but didn't specify which can and can't.

I linked it to MDE already and my fast passes will stay put.

Just FYI for those of you asking...@mousecatcher
Basic rule of thumb, if you bought the ticket from Disney, they can help over the phone. If you didn't, they probably can't. There are just about exceptions to anything but it's a good rule of thumb to work with.

FYI - to those reading along and wondering, the option to upgrade to an AP will only show when you are onsite. And have used at least 1 day of the ticket.

This is not entirely accurate. I was able to upgrade in the app from home 75 miles away after using the first day of a multi day ticket.

This is not entirely accurate. I was able to upgrade in the app from home 75 miles away after using the first day of a multi day ticket.
Thanks. I should have been more clear in my post. Prior to using your ticket it doesn't appear as an option till you arrive on property. From there you can do it on the app

ETA till the end of the last day on the ticket. Don’t wait weeks and then want to upgrade

Last edited:
Thanks. I should have been more clear in my post. Prior to using your ticket it doesn't appear as an option till you arrive on property. From there you can do it on the app
Thanks for the info!!!

Sorry if this has been posted but has anyone seen the ticket price increases at DL today? 5% to 11% depending on the type and length. AP's went up 8% to 23%! Are we expected to see these increases for WDW in Florida? 23%? They can't be serious.

I'm kinda wondering this too. Anyone have any thoughts or insights to when the next WDW ticket price hike will be? I've got some UT 5days I want to upgrade to DVC AP and want to do it before any increases. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can only do that at guest services, correct?

I’m pretty sure I saw gift card as an option if paid in full, however I went with the monthly payments which only allowed credit cards since I’m a FL resident.

We bought our 4 day (with an extra free day = 5days) park hopper through UT. We will be in the parks later this week. We have now decided to go again the first week of December so we are going to upgrade to AP (without water park option). We bought our tix on 10/6/2018 so according to my math using the info on this thread our upgrade cost should be as follows:

$952.11 AP w/tax
$500.55 Disney price early 2018 5 day park hopper

$451.56 to upgrade each ticket

Please lmk if this is correct. Also does it matter what day I upgrade while I am at the parks? Thanks for your help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter