Update - if anyone worked with a TA and had the same problem I experienced (valid dates of tickets not appearing to be long enough in relation to the number of park days purchased when your park tickets are longer than your resort stay). I chatted with my TA and she pulled up my reservation in her system. In the TA portal my tickets show the correct expiration date of 9/4 (10 days from start date for 7 day passes). My MDE app and MDE on my laptop still show expiration date of 8/30 (The last day of our ASMu stay under the FD package). It appears to be a glitch in the computer systems, but she's going to call Monday to make sure. Will update once I hear back from her!

Blackout dates and gold AP question. If I purchase muiti day park hoppers from undercover tourist to use during the 2019 Christmas blackout period, can I upgrade these tickets on my last day to DVC gold passes?

Will I get the undercover tourist price for the tickets or the Disney price for the tickets towards my gold AP?

Where do I do this? I’ve read on the last day of the ticket, before exiting the park. True?

Nope it's cheaper to throw days away, rather than start again. With 8 days they are valid only 10 or so, with 10, 14 days.. kinda makes me made mad, but it really is less than 50 or so to do this.. I am basically paying 50 bucks to have the flexiblity... this new system really sucks.
and our entire trip is not covered.. our last 2 days is disney springs and the malls.. or resort pool.... uuuugh

It is really dumb that it's cheaper to buy more ticket days than you can use just to get the 14 day window. Perhaps, if it causes enough of a problem once the tickets have been in use for a while, they'll do something better to accommodate split stays or those cruising in the middle of a stay. I mean, it's not like you're not giving Disney your money in that interim, you're just giving it to them in a different format.

It is really dumb that it's cheaper to buy more ticket days than you can use just to get the 14 day window. Perhaps, if it causes enough of a problem once the tickets have been in use for a while, they'll do something better to accommodate split stays or those cruising in the middle of a stay. I mean, it's not like you're not giving Disney your money in that interim, you're just giving it to them in a different format.
The “Flexible Option” added onto any multi-day ticket allows it to be used within a 14-day period. The PP, @mousefan73, could have purchased the exact # of entitlements needed and added on the Flexible Option to get the 14-day usage.

The “Flexible Option” added onto any multi-day ticket allows it to be used within a 14-day period. The PP, @mousefan73, could have purchased the exact # of entitlements needed and added on the Flexible Option to get the 14-day usage.

Right, but the flexible option is probably right around the $50 a ticket he's spending to overbuy entitlements, right?

The PP didn’t state he/she even checked the Flexible Option...the only concern was 14 days which is why the Flex Option is available.

ugh,, and I used an agent!!! I also checked online.. and didnt see ( admit didnt look) for this option when checking prices online. I will check again online. We have the free dining package.. is there a difference if there is a package or not? Another wierd thing.. the disney rep I called when I had general questions said I could choose my ticket start date ( not check-in date).. My agent said she called her agent line and asked and they said that package ticket start on start of package.. I consider myself a bit of a novice here, but this system, or conflicting reports from WDW and AGents, is really driving me nuts. I think I have reached my limit of stress in booking Disney.

From my understanding I can always modify the ticket part of a package before PIF date, correct?

From my understanding I can always modify the ticket part of a package before PIF date, correct?
You can call and ask for the price of a 7-day ticket with the Flexible Option. The Flex Option is an add-on after you’ve calculated the cost of your 7-day tickets.

Ask for the pricing and have the CM check if it is less than a 10-day ticket before confirming any changes.

Blackout dates and gold AP question.
If I purchase muiti day park hoppers from undercover tourist to use during the 2019 Christmas blackout period,
1. can I upgrade these tickets on my last day to DVC gold passes?
2. Will I get the undercover tourist price for the tickets or the Disney price for the tickets towards my gold AP?
3. Where do I do this?
4. I’ve read on the last day of the ticket, before exiting the park. True?

1. Yes.
2. Disney price.
3. Any Guest Relations at WDW.
4. Does not have to be before exiting (but that's fine.)
Just needs to be by close-of-business that last day.

Thank you. So no point in buying from undercover tourist. I’ll just buy from Disney.
No.
That is incorrect.
If you buy from UT and THEN get the Disney VALUE for your discounted tickets when you upgrade,
you'll be getting to "keep the UT discount," even when buying (upgrading to) your AP.

No.
That is incorrect.
If you buy from UT and THEN get the Disney VALUE for your discounted tickets when you upgrade,
you'll be getting to "keep the UT discount," even when buying (upgrading to) your AP.
Ahh. I see. Makes sense. I obviously haven’t had enough coffee yet.

Update - if anyone worked with a TA and had the same problem I experienced (valid dates of tickets not appearing to be long enough in relation to the number of park days purchased when your park tickets are longer than your resort stay). I chatted with my TA and she pulled up my reservation in her system. In the TA portal my tickets show the correct expiration date of 9/4 (10 days from start date for 7 day passes). My MDE app and MDE on my laptop still show expiration date of 8/30 (The last day of our ASMu stay under the FD package). It appears to be a glitch in the computer systems, but she's going to call Monday to make sure. Will update once I hear back from her!

Keep us updated,, it seems you and I are in the same situation.. Our tickets end Sept 3.. I am logging on and linkning TA reservation.. curious what I see

Just to double check on annual passes is this still the case?

“All APs purchased by phone, by mail or on-line are "certificates" and, therefore, NOT activated.
An AP certificate is by nature NOT activated, and will remain fresh and ready to activate up through the end of the year 2030.”

So we can buy online now to get the current price, but can then choose not to activate for 2-3 years until we next plan to visit WDW?

If I have a 10 day ticket but am staying at a Disney resort for 11 days, can I add another day after I use the first day at the 10th day price or do I have to buy a single day ticket?

I have a 2 day ticket (new kind) to use later this month. I was planning to upgrade to an AP when I get there with GCs. I am thinking I'd like have the AP now so I can purchase DAH, easily book resorts for summer with AP discount, etc. (I did read I could book with AP discount by calling even if I don't have it yet, I just hate calling.)
Has anyone been able to upgrade their unused ticket to an AP over the phone? Alternatively, I can pay to change the length and dates of that 2 day ticket to work for my son on our next trip (May), and reassign it to him, correct? Then I'd just buy the AP online with GCs.

Last year I bought my ticket from Undercover Tourist and I was able to upgrade to an AP. I've booked a trip for June and during my week at WDW my AP will expire. What is the best way for me to go about upgrading/renewing with all things considered?

1. It expiring during my week is going to cause an issue with FPs. My FP day is 4/9 and my renewal day is 4/11. This means I will only be able to do 2 days of FPs on my date, right?

2. Since the changing of ticket structure, would I be able to get a ticket from UT for the remaining days and still apply that to my upgrade?

This is my first year having an AP and I loved it. I went down 3 more times and will probably do the same this year. You guys are so much more knowledgeable than me. What should I do to make sure I am able to book my FP's?

I have a 2 day ticket (new kind) to use later this month. I was planning to upgrade to an AP when I get there with GCs. I am thinking I'd like have the AP now so I can purchase DAH, easily book resorts for summer with AP discount, etc. (I did read I could book with AP discount by calling even if I don't have it yet, I just hate calling.)
Has anyone been able to upgrade their unused ticket to an AP over the phone? Alternatively, I can pay to change the length and dates of that 2 day ticket to work for my son on our next trip (May), and reassign it to him, correct? Then I'd just buy the AP online with GCs.

According to what I read on post #5 of this thread (titled 'UPGRADES'), you cannot upgrade to an AP over the phone, but I'm sure the experts watching will have the best information. I'm going to upgrade during our trip next week since I don't think it's possible so interested to see the official response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter