Ticket questions (prices & hoppers)

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
We are taking best friends of ours to Disney this year and they only want 4 day hoppers. We normally buy 7 day hoppers, so I
have a few questions:

1. I was going to buy my tickets at CAA (7 day hopper $313.00 USD) as I think that they currently have the cheapest price. For anyone who has bought tickets in the past few weeks, what and where can the best prices be found for us Canadians (in USD or CAN funds)?

2. Does CAA sell 4 day hoppers?

3. Has anyone ordered by will-call yet and how was this process?

We want to be able to get the best deal possible on tickets and I have the Disney Store prices that were posted a few months back, but I don't know if anything has changed now that our dollar is so strong.

Thanks, Tiger

Hi Tiger,

I can't help you with your first 2 questions but might be able to answer your third one.:D When you order your tickets by will call, all you need to do is bring the order confirmation sheet (print it out after you placed your order) to any ticket counters at WDW and you'll be able to pick up your tickets.

Hope this helps.

I also use the will call option to pick up MVMCP tickets and it an easy process. We also forgot to bring our confirmation sheet :blush: but the CM said it wasn't a problem. She looked us up using the credit card info.

There might be a line at the guest services window ... but other than that, the process is very easy :)

I just called the Disney Store to get some comparisons going for our Sept 04 trip. Here's the prices they quoted me in Canadian $

5 day park hopper Plus (incl 2 extras like the water parks) - $366.49 adults and $292.32 for kids
7 day park hopper Plus (incl 4 extras) - $454 Adult and $366.04 for kids.
Annual passes $546.83 (adults) and $465.32 kids - wasn't sure if this was the Plus AP or just regular AP.

I"m off to mousesavers.com to check out the other links to US sites - since our $ is pretty good, might be worth checking out those sites as they sometimes offer some special deals like including a free character breakfast.

The Park hoppers never expire, so even if you'll only be in parks for 4 days, you could still use the other days say 10 years from now!
Jo

We found it cheapest to buy our tickets was of www.disney.ca for our upcoming trip. The have discounted rates for purchasing early. We paid the $10 to have them delivered and got them 2 days later.

We've also purchased tickets from: www.gopitravel.com

Had the tickets 2 days later, and at the time, they were the best prices.

Mary Liz

Originally posted by maryliz
We've also purchased tickets from: www.gopitravel.com

Had the tickets 2 days later, and at the time, they were the best prices.

Mary Liz

Did you get a free character breakfast voucher? I read on Mousesavers they were giving away these away when you purchase certain passes... I didn't see anything about it on their site though.

Yes, we got the breakfast vouchers with the seven day PHP. They were terrific. It was the first time that I had been to Breakfastosaurus. YUMMMMMMY!

The vouchers were not on the site when we bought either, but, from all the responses on the Budget Board, I knew that they were coming. If you are unsure, call Rosa at Paramount Travel, she's terrific. HTH

Debbie & Maryliz - I just did an analysis last night of all the different offers from US sites and the Cdn Dis Store and Gopitravel.com certainly is the cheapest - I was going to call tomorrow to see if they offered the character breakfasts, but you confirmed it...did you have to request it or did it just arrive, and was it one voucher/ticket, or one voucher/ order? Also, what were your choices of breakfasts and how do you redeem them? We're not going until Sept, but wondering how long this promotion has been on and if it might end? Thanks, Jo

We just received our 6 day hopper plus passes from Paramount on Monday...I found them to be the best prices in the long run....$35 U.S. for delivery, but that was UPS express....yes Debbie is right., talk to Rosa, she was very nice and helpful too...the vouchers are not mentioned in the ad, but I was told by a fellow DISer to ask, and ask I did... it is one breakfast voucher per pass, and they are not like the breakfast deal WDW offered with Canadian passes a few years ago...these are good for about 2 dozen different places...for either a counter stlye breakfast or a character breakfast, depending where you wanted to go. (ie, food court at the All Stars, O'Hana, Boma, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Faire, etc.) Our vouchers had an expiry date of May 31, 2004, but I would ask about that. Make sure you have access to a fax, because they send you a form to be signed and returned (re: your credit card). I would certainly order from them again.

We are also ordering our passes from Paramount. The vouchers are not mentioned on the web site but come with the 6 or 7 day pass. A 6 day pass is $283 and 7 day is $301. Shipping is $35 but pays for itself plus some with the savings and breakfast.

Canadave you did it. I know you were a bit nervous, glad it went well.

I just ordered from Paramount 2 days ago after much reading of the boards. We went with the 30 day FITS pass (even though we are only ther for 2 weeks) It wass 311/ adult (so cheaper than some of the 7 day hoppers), and includes all parks, waterparks AND Disney Quest AND Kennedy Space Centre AND Character Breakfast AND a few other museums AND etc.. We had the Canadian 7 day hoppers 2 years ago and used all days on them, so for us, these work out great because we'll likely go to the parks almost every day, if not, parts of some days. Im off now to fax Rosa the confirmation so she can get the passes sent.
PS all the info on these passes is on www.mousesavers.com

HTH
Karen

I just spoke with Paramount on the phone and their hoppers with the Character breakfast promotion ends Feb 1 and the vouchers expire on May 31, so this won't work for our Sept visit. She suggested I call back in June to see what new offers they have!

Originally posted by Jo-Anne
I just spoke with Paramount on the phone and their hoppers with the Character breakfast promotion ends Feb 1 and the vouchers expire on May 31, so this won't work for our Sept visit. She suggested I call back in June to see what new offers they have!

Oh... that's not going to work for me either... I'll probably just wait until my trip gets closer before buying tickets. Hopefully there will be some other deals :)

Be sure to check with Sears. We got our Hopper Passes here the last time and saved over $100. We also got complimentary breakfast passes for 4.

I have often stopped by the Florida Travel Centre in Cambridge (just off the 401 at Townline Rd., if you're ever driving this way) and picked up their ticket price info on Friday. The rates are quoted in US$, but as we all know, the exchange is getting better and better for us. They offer free ticket delivery with 21 day advance purchase and have a toll free number, so you don't have to worry about online CC exposure if you're not comfortable with that.

Check out their website -- http://www.floridatravelusa.com/

Neil

For those who are using this thread to compare tickets:

Sears is not the cheapest place for tickets this year due to our high dollar. We always get our tickets at Sears and when I spoke to my TA yesterday, she said that Holiday House, World of Vacations, etc... are using a set rate and the prices have not come down despite our high dollar. It's cheaper to order off of Disney.com (Disney.ca site will route back to Disney.com as the Canadian site is just an information site). Plus they stopped giving the free character breakfast voucher last year and according to my TA it doesn't look like they are going to be offering it anytime soon.

floridatravelusa - I just checked out this website, and it is not up to date at all. They still have information listed for 2002 - specifically the buy one, get second park hopper for 50% off. They also have dates listed for last 2002/2003, so I wonder how up to date their prices are. Since their website is not very good, it would make me a little leary to purchase tickets from them.

This is a good thread as it can help people make the best choices when purchasing tickets.

Tiger

We purchased 2 of our 7 day hopper passes from Florida travel in Cambridge for our past Dec trip they had at the time some of the best prices going. We didn't like getting vouchers though we will now stick with getting them from the Dis Store even if they are a little more $$$$. That or just get tem when we get there I like getting my pass at the resort that way it is on the same card as your room key . Not physically the same card but the same type of card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter