Ticket Questions about upcoming split stay

JCornell

DIS Veteran
I have two situations with an upcoming stay that I'm hoping for some help with:
1)
We are staying at Poly for 2 nights in August. We had originally planned to just do that and then onto a cruise with no plans to do parks.
Now we've made a change and are cancelling our cruise and instead adding on another stay, probably at POP for 6 nights, with park tickets and DDP.
Since the best way to do this would be with a package, my question is would we be able to use those park tickets during the Poly stay or would they not be available to us until POP check-in day?

2)
DD is going in September to be in a wedding at Disney and already has her park tickets linked to her account.
What do we need to do to make sure that she uses the August tickets in August and the September tickets in September? I thought I had seen something in the past about unlinking or somehow putting the future tickets in a limbo state but don't remember the details. She has fastpasses on those tickets and does not want to lose them.

Thanks,
Joel

would we be able to use those park tickets during the Poly stay
No. Upon arrival, you need to change the start date of your packaged tickets.

I thought I had seen something in the past about unlinking or somehow putting the future tickets in a limbo state but don't remember the details
How does she have FPs for a September trip?

If she really does have FPs linked to her Profile, the tickets need to remain where they are.

When you change your Poly tickets, have the CM prioritize the August tickets in her Profile to be used before the September tickets.

If you want to use tickets before the package, buy your tickets and hotel separately; don't make it a package with tickets. When the transition to date-based tickets occurred, TAs were told that date-based package tickets cannot be activated early. Also, you would not be able to make FPs in advance for any days not covered by your package dates. Just buy your tickets separately and make them start on your Poly stay.

Now we've made a change and are cancelling our cruise and instead adding on another stay, probably at POP for 6 nights, with park tickets and DDP.
Since the best way to do this would be with a package

Get the tickets for the whole trip separately.

Call and get a “ticketless package” for the pop stay to get the dining plan.

Ok, there wasn't an online option for dining plan without tickets. If I can call and do that though, I'll check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter