Ticket question (change date & to annual pass)

baozi

Mouseketeer
Hi Orlando experts. I have the following questions regarding the tickets:
Now I have a promotion ticket. I need to do two things, 1) change the date; 2) change it to an annual pass.
I know the basics, and I know where to change the date on the app (though now it is throwing exceptions). But the complication is actually on the annual pass side. The ticket is a 1 park per day ticket.
1) I remember reading somewhere that I need to use the ticket first (and of course, change to annual pass before the ticket expires) in order for the regular price of the ticket to be applied. Is it true?
2) Note that this is a 1 park per day ticket, then isn't the best strategy changing to annual pass the first day? I guess maybe I am missing something...
3) Or is it best to just call them and change it over the phone to an annual pass? In that case, will the regular price of the ticket be applied?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Orlando experts. I have the following questions regarding the tickets:
Now I have a promotion ticket. I need to do two things, 1) change the date; 2) change it to an annual pass.
I know the basics, and I know where to change the date on the app (though now it is throwing exceptions). But the complication is actually on the annual pass side. The ticket is a 1 park per day ticket.
1) I remember reading somewhere that I need to use the ticket first (and of course, change to annual pass before the ticket expires) in order for the regular price of the ticket to be applied. Is it true?
2) Note that this is a 1 park per day ticket, then isn't the best strategy changing to annual pass the first day? I guess maybe I am missing something...
3) Or is it best to just call them and change it over the phone to an annual pass? In that case, will the regular price of the ticket be applied?
Thank you in advance.

I’d call them and see if they can do this over the phone or just go to guest services at the entrance to either park. You’re essentially going to apply the price of your ticket to an annual pass, which you can do, and you’ll just pay the difference.

You don’t need to use the ticket first to my knowledge, but I may be wrong. Changing to an annual pass on the first day isn’t more advantageous unless you want to visit more than one park starting on your first day, since an annual pass is park-to-park, and you currently hold a one park per day ticket.

Yes, you might as well start getting the benefits of the AP right from your first day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter