Ticket Price Increase Coming Tomorrow?

Ben E N

DIS Veteran
The Motley Fool made a pretty good point about Disney World ticket price increases.
Over the past 5 years, they have come on a Sunday in February. In the past, we have had a day or two's lead notice on this, but recently DL's ticket prices went up, some significantly, without any notice.
They will obviously go up before SWGE opens, so it makes sense to just do it this month in order to keep with tradition and before many people start buying them in anticipation of the new land opening.

Does anybody have any word one way or another on whether Disney is actually planning an increase tomorrow, or later this month?

If it was coming tomorrow we would’ve heard rumor chatter by now.

It’s also a much different system now. There is no set price for each ticket. It all varies by what day you go on. So a ticket increase may come at something like $1-5 more but each day is going to be a different price because that’s how the system is set up.

If it was coming tomorrow we would’ve heard rumor chatter by now.

It’s also a much different system now. There is no set price for each ticket. It all varies by what day you go on. So a ticket increase may come at something like $1-5 more but each day is going to be a different price because that’s how the system is set up.

Yeah I'm just looking at pre buying annual passes for summer 2020-2021 trips. The one thing I know is that prices will go up so it makes sense to buy them well in advance, but was hoping to put that off a week or two if possible. I know DL hit their AP ticket buyers the hardest, but their AP crowd is much different than WDW's.

One more thing. Was the DL price increase leaked ahead of time? I didn't see anything, but don't follow their news nearly as closely.
Thanks

One more thing. Was the DL price increase leaked ahead of time? I didn't see anything, but don't follow their news nearly as closely.
Thanks
I believe there was a little chatter but it was quieter than previous years.

I believe there was a little chatter but it was quieter than previous years.

Thanks for the useful feedback. If you say it's not coming tomorrow, that's good enough for me to sleep easy. (No worries if it does happen, I'll still buy their tickets anyway.)

There was a thread about this a few hours ago.
Highly unlikely that its going to happen.
As we have seen lately the past does not dictate the future.
Prior to a few years ago prices were not increasing every single year nor were they increasing every single February in particular.
Prices just went up with the new ticket structure in October.
My guess is if they are going to increase them it will likely be more like October of this year in preparation of SWGE like we saw with DLR a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the useful feedback. If you say it's not coming tomorrow, that's good enough for me to sleep easy. (No worries if it does happen, I'll still buy their tickets anyway.)
That said with APs you can buy the voucher now and you don’t have to use it until you want too.

There was a thread about this a few hours ago.
Highly unlikely that its going to happen.
As we have seen lately the past does not dictate the future.
Prior to a few years ago prices were not increasing every single year nor were they increasing every single February in particular.
Prices just went up with the new ticket structure in October.
My guess is if they are going to increase them it will likely be more like October of this year in preparation of SWGE like we saw with DLR a few weeks ago.

I could see it going either way. An increase will almost surely happen before Star Wars. It may make sense to wait until after the summer due to there not being much exciting stuff happening this summer, but it also makes sense to just raise them now, or soon, to grab all the people who are pre booking packages in anticipation of Star Wars.

Definitely seems like things have been more of a surprise this year/less rumors and chatter - the Disneyland price increase and the Halloween party booking and free dining at WDW
Well discounts TAs do usually get a bit of a notice in advance to prepare. For free dining TAs knee in advance but didn’t know specifics until Disney released the details.

Well discounts TAs do usually get a bit of a notice in advance to prepare. For free dining TAs knee in advance but didn’t know specifics until Disney released the details.

Agreed - maybe just less leakage this year but seems like less notice even to TA’s (seemed like the DIS folks at least were a bit surprised about the Halloween arts and free dining) - but yeah, price increase even if only a day ahead of time you’d think would get out there

That said with APs you can buy the voucher now and you don’t have to use it until you want too.
How long can you save a AP before having to activate it? I was thinking of buying in the summer but not using it until 2020 is that possible?

How long can you save a AP before having to activate it? I was thinking of buying in the summer but not using it until 2020 is that possible?

At least until 2030, but most likely later. They say 2030 on the ticket, but they may be good after that. In either case, you are fine for summer 2020, as am I.

Agreed - maybe just less leakage this year but seems like less notice even to TA’s (seemed like the DIS folks at least were a bit surprised about the Halloween arts and free dining) - but yeah, price increase even if only a day ahead of time you’d think would get out there
I actually wasn't surprised by the free dining. We have been hearing that bookings were looking soft for the summer so it made some sense. The Halloween party was a bit of a surprise though.

At least until 2030, but most likely later. They say 2030 on the ticket, but they may be good after that. In either case, you are fine for summer 2020, as am I.
Yeah at the very least they will hold their value and you can pay the difference if things were to change.

Did they go up? I bought my DD's August tickets last night, I'd been planning to buy them for a couple weeks anyways.

Last year I'd been putting off buying tickets and it cost me over $100.

Yeah at the very least they will hold their value and you can pay the difference if things were to change.

Though a very remote possibility, if we purchase our AP vouchers and then the price actually drops over the next several years, do you think it is possible we could get a credit when we turn in the vouchers? It's a major long-shot....I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!