Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland.

Coming out of lurkdom to say Hi.:wave2:

Is this really who I think it is? WOW!
can't%20believe.gif

Well howdy pardner!
hello%20smile.gif

Long time no post. And no talk. I feel honored that you came out of lurkdom to read our TR. We've been wondering where you disappeared to. How have things been on the ranch? You and Rig planning a return trip to WDW yet? Great to have you back.

Now look what you've gone and done. Don't go giving all our readers heart attacks before we even take our trip. Need someone to tell our story to. And for the record, you better be around when we get back. :laughing:

...and my comments thereof.

Well I hope these aren't the last of your comments. Otherwise I quit and everyone will have you to thank for this TR not getting done. :rolleyes:

Right! What the heck gives?

Lack of funds mostly. WDW gets expensive. Might have to switch to DLR more in the future.

Heck, where we live, you can't get anywhere without a minimum 8 hours of driving. You gotta do 14 or so to get anywhere interesting.

So you saying I shouldn't visit Winnipeg anytime soon?

Technically, that's the best time.

I gotta admit, when you're right, you're right. I can't believe I actually just typed that. :sad2:

We should know soon, I think.

I'm sure, once the wounds have healed.

Sometimes we have no choice but to drive... but I'd prefer to fly and rent too, given the choice.

I really don't mind driving sometimes. All depends on where I'm driving too. The drive going isn't bad, it's the drive back that seems so long. Especially after a week of fun, walking and fuzzy cups.

That's a shot, isn't it?

It is!

I'm outta here!

I told you on your TR to vewy vewy quiet, that I was hunting Ponzi's. Ha ha ha ha ha

Well... ok. I'll stick around for a little longer.

Oh good. And that shot I took, that was only to scare you into staying. I wasn't really aiming to hit you, honest. :rolleyes1

9 ½ years? Wasn't that with Mickey Rourke and Kim Basinger?

Think that was 9 1/2 weeks. Never saw it. If it only lasted 9 1/2 weeks, Lady H and I got them beat.

That's no excuse! Slacker!

It is when we paid for about 50% of our wedding. Maybe we should've eloped. Could've saved that money and used it to gone to Vegas.

Isn't that illegal within city limits? Oops! Never mind. What happens in Vegas...

Only if you get caught.

Good call.

We thought so.

Isn't slot machines, card games and craps (the table game) why you go?

Those are only some of the reasons we go. Did you know alcohol is free when you're playing those games? Although it's been know to cost me about $50 or so for a couple of beers.

That's what happens to things that are lighter than air.

That sounded like a shot back? This means war.
automatic_weapon-2433.gif

There's an outdoors at Vegas? Who knew? :confused3

Believe it or not, there is. I know it was hard to believe at first myself.

DD15 and my DDad have April bdays, too.

Do they strive for perfection like me? Aries?

::yes:: And then they try to sweeten the pot with bounce backs, too.

I guess I'll find out when we go in December.

:worship: All hail the King! Long live the King!

too much?

Don't give Lady H any encouragement will ya. Which reminds me, I need to update my WDW spreadsheet with the new ADR's I just made.

popcorn:: This should be good. My money's on Vegas... it cheats.

And yet, when you try to cheat, you get taken out back by a big guy called Bubba. How is that fair?:confused3

I do that too. Then skew the numbers in favor of wherever it is I wanna go.

I'm not I think as dumb as you am.

Like I said. Skew the numbers.

Atta boy.

Well maybe just a little.

"Look honey. For $2,000; we can fly to Vegas, stay at Bellagio, rent a luxury car and see a show. Or for half the price, we can use our flight credits and fly to Los Angeles, stay at the resort on the 1/2 off deal, rent a compact car and go to Disney."

You must've hit your head and still have a concussion from the surfing fall don't you?

Might have one for you tonight.

Or tomorrow night, or the night after that, or MAYBE EVEN POSSIBLY the night after that.

It always is, isn't it? :)

Is sure is. :thumbsup2

I'll be here! You're off to a great start T-man! :goodvibes

And so will I. Thanks as always Ponzi. Hoping to have at least one more chapter up before we go.

Well I hope these aren't the last of your comments. Otherwise I quit and everyone will have you to thank for this TR not getting done. :rolleyes:

Oh! So that's why people kept calling me and saying thank you.

So you saying I shouldn't visit Winnipeg anytime soon?

No. I'm saying nobody visits Winnipeg, any time.

I gotta admit, when you're right, you're right. I can't believe I actually just typed that. :sad2:

No comment. Just thought it was worthwile to repeat.

I told you on your TR to vewy vewy quiet, that I was hunting Ponzi's. Ha ha ha ha ha

Still missed!

And that shot I took, that was only to scare you into staying. I wasn't really aiming to hit you, honest. :rolleyes1

Oh. And here I thought I was just really good at dodging.

That sounded like a shot back? This means war.
automatic_weapon-2433.gif

Note to self: Try, try, not to tick off the dude with the gun. :sad2:

You must've hit your head and still have a concussion from the surfing fall don't you?

I don't remember. It's all just a blur...

Or tomorrow night, or the night after that, or MAYBE EVEN POSSIBLY the night after that.

Well... eventually.

T-Man and Lady H. I am reporting in to join in the fun.

Great start!

Joining! I'm enjoying reading along:thumbsup2

Whoo Hoo! More readers! This is getting good!

I'm in! ::yes:: can't wait to hear your thoughts on DLR.
Low Fat Oreo Cream Pie
1 Large box of cookies and cream instant pudding
2 cups fat free milk
tub fat free whipped topping
Mix pudding and milk let set up for 5 minutes, fold in whipped topping
Pour into crust of choice (i make a ghrahm cracker crust using I can't believe it's not butter half a stick melted and crushed crackers bake 15 minutes)
Chill for 2 holurs

ok so it's not zebra domes with real butter and eggs and... sorry just miss my heart clogger desserts.

Does that get the in on the fun??
I hope you enjoy our corner of Disney. I hear Carsland is amazing.
we are regulars out here so if ya need anything pm me.

As TMan said, it's not a requirement, however, I'm pretty sure his stomach will thank you later! :rotfl: The recipe sounds delish! I will be sure to make this soon. And welcome to the fun...

I'm in! Boy you guys like putting this pastry chef to work! As it happens I used to work in a Pie Bakery so I will share some of our best selling recipes...later

Welcome aboard! OOooh...Best selling recipes! I can't wait!

Hi QB.

Thanks for posting the recipe. I added the link to my reserved post (Post #2). No recipe necessary to join in the fun. Well at least I'm not requiring it. Lady H on the other hand, she's the one asking for them so you may have to pay her admission fee. Glad you could join us.

Technically my admission is non stop fun...but sweetening up the pot with a few home made recipes will definitely be fun later when I am baking and when you are eating...so I'm sure you don't mind them one bit. :duck:

I've been spending a lot of time on the DL boards. So I think I have found most of the answers I am looking for. At least for now. If I come up with anything though, I'll be sure to ask. TIA.

Are you sure we don't need a tour guide or a dinner buddy or something? ;)

Ooooh. A DL TR!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more!!:woohoo:

popcorn::
Woo hoo Top of page 3! a new record for me!!!

Records set, recipes coming in, fun being had...I would say we aren't off to a bad start! (I saw we like i'm having anything to do with this other than reading it for the first time myself when I log in here and commenting afterwards. :laughing:).

I'm looking forward to reading your DL adventures!:yay: We have been to DL alot, but not since all the changes to DCA. We are moving to Phoenix soon and plan to drive over for weekends and have APs!!!:banana::banana: You amd Lady H make a cute couple, BTW:love:

I hope we (there is that we thing again) don't disappoint! Awww...Thank you! :cutie:

Obsessive Compulsive DISer

Now that's the kind of OCD i can get behind.

I blame his OCD on the fact that he's an Aries, and has to have everything "perfect". What tends to happen is, he will start talking about the possible vacation and bring in possibilities here and there. Then he will ask me what I think in regards to say a certain ADR. I throw my two cents into the mix and then I get, "Well I was thinking..." and it will be something completely different, so I throw in the towel in the beginning now and let him plan and just nod and smile throughout the process. In the end I know I'll have fun.

Coming out of lurkdom to say Hi.:wave2:

_excited__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif
smiley-gets-a-big-hug.gif

OMG! You're here! I can't believe your here! I hope you stay out of lurkdom and we get to hear from you more! This is exciting! :goodvibes

Subbing in now, I'll come back to read later. I'm a teacher and tomorrow is our first day of school, so DH is telling me, "Come to bed. It's a school night!":teacher:

I'm jumping in too, T-Man! Looking forward to lots of TRs to keep me occupied while lounging, after arthroscopic knee surgery Fri. Stupid torn meniscus. :headache:

And just for Lady H, I'll gladly provide pie. :thumbsup2

I'm here too. Can't wait to see pics of DL. Never been there.

So if I'm a kitty and you're a bunny, will there be problems? :duck:

I'm jumping in too, T-Man! Looking forward to lots of TRs to keep me occupied while lounging, after arthroscopic knee surgery Fri. Stupid torn meniscus. :headache:

And just for Lady H, I'll gladly provide pie. :thumbsup2

Welcome.

Sounds painful. Still a week and a half before we take the actual trip, so if you're still lounging when we come back, we'll be glad to provide you with some more reading material.

Hi thumper mam just thought i would let you know i"ve been lurking in the back ground still reading the usual reports with all your mates on them But I must say it must be up with the best to get a post from Rig Lee . So although this is your first trip report it must be somthing special I look forward to reading about your californian adventure.

I'm here too. Can't wait to see pics of DL. Never been there.

So if I'm a kitty and you're a bunny, will there be problems? :duck:

Hi O kitty squared.

Depends on what type of kitty you consider yourself. If you consider yourself a house cat, then we're good. Any other type of cat, then you may never see me again.

Lady H won a camera not too long ago, so we each have one now. So between the 2 of us, we should have lots of pictures. I even bought extra batteries to take along with us. Hopefully we don't forget them in the room like someone did when he went to Hawaii. Not going to going to say who though, poor Ponzi I'm sure is still kicking himself for that. :rolleyes2

I'm a fat and sassy spoiled house cat.
Hilarious video - that bunny was fierce!

I soooooooooo want to go to DL!!! But for us it's more expensive than WDW.

Hi thumper mam

Mam? Oh you must be referring to Lady H. "OH Lady H. You have a fan."

Always glad to have new readers.

just thought i would let you know i"ve been lurking in the back ground still reading the usual reports with all your mates on them But I must say it must be up with the best to get a post from Rig Lee . So although this is your first trip report it must be somthing special I look forward to reading about your californian adventure.

I don't know if I can run with the best, but I'll certainly give it a shot. Yes, it was nice to get a shout out from RigLee. Although I don't think it's my writing skills that made her come out of lurkdom. During the time she was writing her TR, people were calling her a troll and telling her she was making up her TR (and it wasn't any of the mates here telling her that). We would pm each other back and forth. Tried to give her encouragement to keep writing. Especially if she hadn't posted for a long while. There were a few times she just wanted to give up. I'm glad she stuck it out and finished it.

She used to tell me I needed to write a WDW TR. She was probably waiting for a TR from our 2010 trip. Given I never found the time to do one, she's probably saying "it's about time he did some type of TR." Since she's probably been waiting, I'm guessing that's what prompted her to drop in. Glad she at least popped in to say hi even if she don't post again. She better though. I posted many times on hers. (hint hint Leela) Post she must, yes.

I'm a fat and sassy spoiled house cat.
Hilarious video - that bunny was fierce!

I soooooooooo want to go to DL!!! But for us it's more expensive than WDW.

And for us, it's the other way around. More expensive to go to WDW. At least that's what we're learning.

Mam :# Whoops as you can tell I"m not verry good at proof reading or spelling without the word program to hand. My apologies to your self Thumper Man see I got it right this time.

Subbing in now, I'll come back to read later. I'm a teacher and tomorrow is our first day of school, so DH is telling me, "Come to bed. It's a school night!":teacher:

I hear ya dwheatl!
I am a one on one aide and we just started school today so I heard the same thing from my DH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter