Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a dumb question but I'm pretty confused about fastpass booking timelines:

We are staying offsite for the majority of our trip, but did book the first night initially at a Disney hotel as we messed up the offsite rental dates when booking. This means we get magic bands and all those perks. However we are not going to a disney park until our third day in Florisa, which will be when we are staying offsite.

If only staying at a Disney hotel one night but not going to the park either the day before or after (but will be 3 days later), can I still book FP for the park day 3 days later at 60 days since I stayed at a Disney hotel? Or do I have to wait until 30 days out since we will be offsite at that time? Park tickets were booked with the hotel for one night. (Sorry if this doesn't make sense!)

This may be a dumb question but I'm pretty confused about fastpass booking timelines:

We are staying offsite for the majority of our trip, but did book the first night initially at a Disney hotel as we messed up the offsite rental dates when booking. This means we get magic bands and all those perks. However we are not going to a disney park until our third day in Florisa, which will be when we are staying offsite.

If only staying at a Disney hotel one night but not going to the park either the day before or after (but will be 3 days later), can I still book FP for the park day 3 days later at 60 days since I stayed at a Disney hotel? Or do I have to wait until 30 days out since we will be offsite at that time? Park tickets were booked with the hotel for one night. (Sorry if this doesn't make sense!)
The 1st post of this thread explains how you can book 60 days out from your park days:
Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays - Update

Yes you can. You can book each day individually at 60 days.

I am seriously considering doing this. We've got a 3 bedroom condo offsite for $800 for 7 nights in June (nothing on property even comes close to that, especially for the space.) I was planning to buy Magic Bands anyway because our last set is 5 years old and we really like having them. I can book a campsite for $90 which would include 4 Magic Bands ($60) plus 2 days of free parking ($50). Plus, we get the 60 day FP booking.

I think I just talked myself into it.
The condo I am looking at is about $800 for the nine nights I need. If I get seven nights of campsite inside of that I am still spending much less than even a POP or AS motel, and I have the room my family needs.

Can someone please confirm- I thought I read last year that the rolling 60 day FP thing didn’t work anymore and that any FPs booked at 60 days prior without being that specific night in an onsight hotel were cancelled? That just the actual nights booked onsight worked for booking FP 60 days out? Not trying to cause a scare, but I do have this vague memory of that....

Can someone please confirm- I thought I read last year that the rolling 60 day FP thing didn’t work anymore and that any FPs booked at 60 days prior without being that specific night in an onsight hotel were cancelled? That just the actual nights booked onsight worked for booking FP 60 days out? Not trying to cause a scare, but I do have this vague memory of that....
The rolling 60 has been working for ANY onsite reservation - ones where people actually stay and ones where people may or may not use as a ‘day room.’

The rolling 60 has been working for ANY onsite reservation - ones where people actually stay and ones where people may or may not use as a ‘day room.’
Great, thanks for clarifying. It’s pretty clear from the above posts that it’s working but I had this weird thing in the back of my head that it didn’t- thanks Hiro! :)

If I am staying one night only on property, which day can I book fast passes for- I want them for the next day not day of arrival. Can it be either of the two days?

Just so you're all aware, the new FP update will only let you book FP's the days your reservation booked for, when the 60 days hit.

Just so you're all aware, the new FP update will only let you book FP's the days your reservation booked for, when the 60 days hit.
@Timmy Boy , has Disney stopped ALL onsite 60-day FP booking windows from continuously rolling until guests actually stay and checkout of their onsite reservation?

Onsite Guests have always been able to book FPs from check-in through checkout dates.

I just updated the MDX app today on one of my devices to the latest version available in the App Store. Version 4.18.1. I currently have an on-site stay with a check-out day of April 6th and I’m able to book FP for April 7th right now. For me, the 60-day window has continued to roll past my check-out day.

I just updated the MDX app today on one of my devices to the latest version available in the App Store. Version 4.18.1. I currently have an on-site stay with a check-out day of April 6th and I’m able to book FP for April 7th right now. For me, the 60-day window has continued to roll past my check-out day.
Thanks for confirming!

That’s interesting. When I booked my FP for our upcoming trip, our dates were limited to the block of time from check in to check out.

That’s interesting. When I booked my FP for our upcoming trip, our dates were limited to the block of time from check in to check out.
By any chance, were using date-based or package tickets?

I’m using a room-only reservation and an AP. Maybe that makes a difference?

Edit:
When your booking window opened at 60 days you would have been limited to usual “60+length of stay” window. Has your 60-day window continued to roll forward beyond your check out date?

Last edited:
By any chance, were using date-based or package tickets?

I’m using a room-only reservation and an AP. Maybe that makes a difference?
I ordered hotel and added tickets on through WDW later. Maybe AP have different considerations.

As a side note- we’re in Florida for a longer trip and while we’re planning to use our WDW tickets all at the beginning of our trip- this is the first time we’re facing the “use by” deadlines. ie. No more- two weeks from the first park day to finish using all your days. They now give you a variable timeframe, and ours is shorter than two weeks.

Sorry, guess I'm late to the party...but are you saying that you are no longer allowed to make rolling 60 day FP ressies after your checkout day?

Sorry, guess I'm late to the party...but are you saying that you are no longer allowed to make rolling 60 day FP ressies after your checkout day?
No; Party of 4 has confirmed the window rolls for APs and open tickets.

There is a difference with “date-based” tickets. You need to know which type of tickets are linked to your MDX Profiles.

Thanks hiro. So if I'm understanding correctly if you have an AP or date based tickets that include the dates you want to make FP ressies for you're still OK with the rolling 60 days.
So if I have a one night throwaway room ressie I can still do the rolling 60 days after my checkout date as long as my tickets are good for those days...or if I and the rest of my party have AP's, is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!