Three Weeks of Bliss

Great report and photos! I'm thinking of taking DS to La Nouba in December - it sounds fab...

Day 6 Islands Of Adventure

It was my turn today to feel unwell, and I should have listened to DW and taken the morning off.:listen: As it was I told her "I've not paid all this money to sit in the villa, there are parks to been done".:rolleyes2

We went up to Universal about noon and decided when we got there to do IOA, since DS was ready to explode if we didn't get him on a decent coaster! In the gate and straight round to Hulk, where we could have got on the first train if DS hadn't of wanted to wait the three trains for the front row.

P2070151.jpg

TOP TIP: If you ride Hulk with an upset stomach, it doesn't help!:crazy2:

After a brief sit down in the sun we walked round to Dr Doom where DS and DW rode while I had a longer sit the sun. Normally I enjoy this, but I didn't want to be re-united with breakfast.

Round at Spiderman the line was so long I knew I'd be ok by the time we got on. Take a look in the bottom right corner of the picture.:rotfl2:

P2070156.jpg

DS & DW enjoyed lunch in the cartoon cafe while I watched them. I did eat DW's bread stick which perked me up enough to go on the water rides.

Although it was quite warm it was not warm enough for a soaking so I picked up three ponchos before taking DW and DS on Ripsaw falls for their first time. I had ridden when I came out in 05, but it was in rehab during the family 06 holiday. We all enjoyed it, and emboldened by the poncho DW agreed to try Popey, despite getting soaked to the skin last year.

P2070157.jpg

This sign does not lie.:thumbsup2

We then all went on Jurassic Park, the only people in ponchos.

Now the problem, we had hired a locker by Ripsaw Falls (why do you have to pay for these ones when the rest are free?) before starting on the water round and had put our wallets in it with everything else. By the time we got back the locker wanted another $2, but we hadn't got that in change and all the bills were inside the locker.:sad1: I went and spoke to the guy checking heights at Ripsaw Falls entrance who phoned someone else for them to come and sort the problem. Then a fellow guest comes up to us having overheard and gives me $2 saying Guest Services will be ages. I opened the locker and tried to give this woman the money back, but she would not take it. I got the idea that she was local, so if that was you can I add another thank you to the ones you got from us that day?:flower3:

My belly ache was back so after a slow walk round to the Dragons I sat and watched the Sinbad cast drum up business while DW walked DS though the line. DS and I had said that DW should see the line even though we knew she would not like the ride, hence she went with DS and just stepped though the coaster itself when he got on.

I retreated to bed for the rest of the day while DS & DW hung out in the villa.

Day 7 Universal Studios

We got to USF at around 11am once I had convinced DW that I was going to live another day...

DS is 'into' disasters at the moment, watching the likes of 'Seconds from Disaster' and 'Air Crash Investigations' over and over on Discovery and National Geographic, so there was no doubt where our day was going to start, Twister.

We were luck in that they were just loading as we walked up so we didn't wait at all to watch the show. It felt a bit odd to be enjoying an attraction about something that had killed 20 some people just up the road earlier in the week...

From there we went to Mummy to discover it was down for an indefinate period with "technical problems". No matter another disaster is up the street in Earthquake. Somehow DW had missed this last year, I've no idea how since DS and I had been in, anyhow she enjoyed it.

As we walked hopefully back to Mummy Beetlejuice was just loading so we went in having heard from DSis that it had changed from last year.

P2080182.jpg

I couldn't see what she was talking about (not for the first time) but we still all enjoyed the show.

We then had lunch in this place, as you can see it was another busy day in Universal.:cool1:

P2080191.jpg

Mummy still appeared to be down and we had missed the Horror Make Up Show last year so we headed over. I have to say that DS and I were going in to keep DW happy, but it is a great show. I was expecting a demonstration of how make up is done and some trailers for current Universal films. What we got was an interactive, funny and informative show and some examples of great effects of the early days of film. If your passing that way and the show is soon then do go in, it's not what you think.:thumbsup2

P2080205.jpg

On the way to re-check Mummy (can you tell what our favourite ride is yet?) we stopped off at Shrek3D, which is still funny after half a dozen times. Mummy was open at last with a 30min wait, so we rode twice thanks to the single rider line. The first time we got up to the load area with no one in front of us, the second time there were a couple of people there. I'm not sure what the feeling is on here for families who aren't bothered about splitting using the single rider line, but a lady behind us the second time did not approve at all!

We took in coffee and ice cream on our slow walk up to Men In Black. We had always used the single rider line on this last year but since there was no line we discovered it has a pre-show.:) DW & DS still don't understand how to use the big red button, so I won again.:thumbsup2

I was expecting to find Back to the Future closed by now, but since it was still running I took DS on for his first ride. I had ridden the on out in LA some years back and had come off green, but since it will soon be gone I thought DS should get to ride it once.

DW loves ET so we walked over there before having a look round a bit of the park we had never visited, the kiddie area. DS is a bit big for this sort of thing but it looks like a great place to keep little one happy, especially when it is hot with all those water features. Since there was no line and a coaster being a coaster no matter what size we rode the giant Woody Wood Pecker.:woohoo:

P2080199.jpg

It was getting late by now and DS wanted to try the NBA cafe for dinner since taking up basketball at school last year so we headed off. Unfortunately NBA was closed for a private party, which provides another reason to go back to Orlando for another vacation;). We ended up in Pastermore, which is great. DS & DW both had the kids fillet steak, which was far larger and cheaper than an adult would get in the UK:mad:. There was no problem at all in DW ordering off the kids menu, she is so petite it should be no surprise to a server that she has a small appetite.

Thanks again for sharing
your photos are great

These reports and pics work really well. I can relive our holiday each day. You forgot in your report that I only got mistaken for a child on five occasions. The reports are really witty and great, thanks for sharing with everyone. Roll on 2010 !:cheer2:

Day 8 Seaworld & Magic Kingdom

Day 8 and time to start our 14 day Seaworld passes, we had waited so they would still be good for the end of the holiday. We had booked Discovery Cove and added the 14 day Busch Gardens and Sea World option, doing this and then getting a two week Universal pass was only about £50 more than the 5 park Flexi ticket. £50 is not bad for a day at DC and a swim with the dolphins.
One note for anyone using DC passes to get into Seaworld you need to go into the Guest Services building though a door with a small sign above saying Discovery Cove check in, rather than stand in the long line for the Guest Services window.

I love the way the Busch parks look, they must spend half their income on plants.

P2090273.jpg

We wanted to concentrate on shows today having missed a couple last year and knowing we would be back to do the exhibits later in the holiday. There was no way we could keep DS off of Kraken though, it was the first big ride he ever went on during last years holiday.

R0011756.jpg

After Kraken (which DW loves :confused: ) we walked though the Penguin and Puffin exhibit, Penguins being another DS favourite.
Having done our usual late start we were now ready for an early lunch before going to our first show. I can highly recommend the pizza restaurant Voyagers.

By the time we walked over to Believe it was already full 15 minutes before it started. While we were that way we walked into Wild Arctic, taking the static film version having done enough of the simulator last year. This is a great exhibit, made better this year by the bear being awake and active.

From there we went into Odyssey, which is a bit of a poor man's Cirque Du Soleil but still a good show. Since the sharks are right next door we took a walk though on the way over to Clyde & Seamore. This show should not be taken seriously, which the cast point out several times. It is very funny and has no problem making fun of itself. The mime pre-show was hilarious as usual, if you want to see this then get there as soon as the doors open as he starts straight away and is good enough to be an attraction in his own right.

DSCF4217.jpg

Blue Horizons was next, which I think is the best show in the park. Last year I spoke to one of the cast on the way out who told me this had taken 3 years to produce, from conception to opening performance. I can well believe it the show is amazing, I'd love to go back when the park is open late and see it lit as it must be even better.

We had time for an ice cream and coffee before going into another of DS' favourites Pets Ahoy. This is a very clever show where most of the time there is not a human in sight, just the animals. Which I don't demonstrate very well with this photo, but it was one of the few to come out well.

P2090304.jpg

We then took the walk back round the park to Believe giving ourselves plenty of time to get a seat. We needn't of bothered as there was still space when it started, but it did mean we got a good centre block seat. Personally none of us, including DSis and DBiL who went other days, think this is as good as the old Shamu show.:eek: DSis got talking to one of the trainers at DC who explained that they are limited to what they can do at the moment because they cannot separate the baby whale from mum. The show has far less whale and far more human dreams and aspirations, which probably goes down well with the Americans in the audience. One positive change from last year is that they now invite members of the UK forces to stand at the beginning alongside the US millatry.

DSCF4232.jpg

The park had closed by the time we came out of Believe, but we still had some go in us so we drove over to Magic Kingdom to catch Wishes.

We got to ride in the cab of the monorail after DS finally plucked up the courage to ask the cast member. We stood there for ages while he tried to get me to ask, with the guy stood there trying not to laugh the whole time.:rotfl2:

As we got into MK the last float of Spectromagic was just going round the station. If you ever have tried to get up Main Street immediately after Spectromagic then you know how a salmon feels going upstream to spawn!

Once again we were hoping to eat in the noodle station but it was still down, with firing time rapidly approaching and lunch being several hours ago we went into Starlight Rays again.

By the time we got our food and sat there was not time to get round the front of the castle, in fact I only just finished eating as the first shells went up. Leaving DS and DW to eat I hurried along into Fantasy Land to watch from there having seen several post on here about it. As a Pyrotechnician let me tell you, this show is NOT designed to be seen from Fantasy Land, it is supposed to be watched from Main Street. I'm used to being in among the pyro as it goes up, so having candles behind me and shells in front felt more like being on a job than on holiday!

We had no desire to join the stroller derby down main street so once I had collected DW and DS we went back into Fantasy Land where we went onto Small World at DW's insistance. She had been on this years ago in LA with friends, I had escaped that time but there was nowhere to run tonight.:scared1: All I can say is that there goes another 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

DW had had enough by now so DS and I sent her off to look at Main Street shops while we went to get a ride on BTMRR before the park closed.

DW is disabled so we were parked in medical parking, as we walked under the bridge to the parking lot I noticed an old lady sat in a wheel chair where the chairs get left for people to use to and from the TTC. By now the park was closed and there were few people about. Imagining a conversation in some hotel parking lot between a family about who's car 'mother' had been going to get in I went over to check she was ok. It turns out her daughter had quite sensibly left her there while she went to the other end of the row to collect their car, rather than push mom to the end of the row and then bring the chair back again empty. I was happy to see WDW security pull up and speak to the lady also as we drove home for the night.

I forgot to mention above that Angelmouse5 and DW are one and the same person, since she didn't mention it in her post.;)

Day 9 Pirates Golf and Mardi Gras

DSis & DBiL had had friends of theirs from Canada staying with us all week, but today was the day for them to fly home to the frozen north, they were not looking forward to digging their car out at Buffalo airport at all.:sad1:

Having had a few cold days and pool heater not being on when we arrived last week this was the first chance for me to try out my new waterproof digital camera. As you can see below it works great. I got it especially for Discovery Cove, but wanted to get used to it before we went. It is very odd at first to take a £200 camera in the pool and under the water...:eek:

P2100331.jpg

We had arranged to meet the others at Hooters for lunch, well DS is 11... Before going over to Universal for Mardi Gras. DSis had other ideas, after eating we had to join in the very serious game of mini golf...

P2100352.jpg

I know most of us think of this as fun, but to my DSis and DBiL it is deadly serious and often played for huge steaks between them (like who's driving home and who's drinking). We played at Pirates Cove right by the I4 where Hooters is. All went well until DW miss hit a ball and nearly brained the party behind us, her ball may well have made it as far as the I4 which if just out of shot here.

P2100355.jpg

Once the game was over, DSis & DBiL tying for the win, we drove over to Universal. The park was busy and DBiL doesn't do big rides so we went round to ET after a quick coffee in the Cheese Cake Factory. We continued round the park and discovered a short line for MIB, DBiL does know about the red button and beat my score.:sad2:

We now decided it was time to get some funnel cake and find somewhere good to see the parade, so we walked round toward Jaws since we knew there was a stand there selling the cake.
As we passed Fear Factor a TM asked would we like to take part in the Parade.:cool1: Would we ever! The process was a little chaotic as we were among the last people to get on and were a little rushed, but we got taken back stage behind the Fear Factor building and given a costume. Once we had signed not to sue if anything happened we were shown up onto the Crocodile float, told not to throw all the beads at once and off we went.:woohoo:

P2110373.jpg

It was a bizarre experience seeing grown men screaming for cheep plastic beads, but we had a great time. I had seen the parade last year with DSis & DBiL but DW and DS had never even seen this as a watcher so thay had an even odder time.

After going round the park we got back off the float back stage by Beetlejuice and rejoined the public with a quick thank you from the staff and some beads for DS. DW & DS went back to the villa while I stayed with DSis and DBiL to watch Donna Summer.

The last 30 minutes of the concert were great with song after song, but before that she was more interested in telling the crowd how great her life is than singing.:rolleyes1 Luckily the stilt walkers came back out and posed for pictures when they were not entertaining the crowd by leading dances, even when the Diva was yapping away. As you can see I was careful not to look at the scantily dressed (and frozen) young ladies walking about above the crowd.:cool2:

P2110380.jpg

Day 10 Epcot

Day 10 was a slow start after the late night at Mardi Gras, getting us to Epcot for about 11am. We concentrated on World Showcase today as we had never really done it, in fact DW had never been round there at all. Since it was going to be a lot of walking DW put aside her pride and hired an ECV. She felt really embarrassed at first, but saved herself some major pain by doing so.

We started by picking up a Future World attraction we had never done first, Universe of Energy. This is a combination of slow ride, theatre show and film show, it sounds odd but it works very well.

We set off for lunch in China, but when we got there were not impressed by the menu, so back tracked to Mexico.

DSCF4278.jpg

DS was not at all sure he was going to like Mexican food, but enjoyed it so much he went back to the counter on his own for a second helping.:thumbsup2 The boat ride was, and still is, down for rehab in Mexico but the shop inside was still open and we noticed a great present for my mum while in there that we went back for later in the holiday.

From Mexico we worked our way clockwise round World Showcase, taking in the ride in Norway. When you come off this short but good boat ride there is a cinema that shows a film about the country that runs every few minutes. We were suprised by how many people either walked straight though of sat for a few seconds before moving on again. What were they rushing off to do?

P2110415.jpg

DW does not have a good reputation when it comes to large or multi-screen films, so she declined the Reflections of China film, but we all enjoyed the Terracotta Army exhibit and the amazing decoration inside the China Pavilion. DS and I also enjoyed the film. When we came out we found DW watching some of the most amazing acrobats I have seen. The lady in the picture was moving this stack of china bowls from her head to her foot, to her other foot all while balanced upside down on top of the guy who also never stayed still.:eek:

DSCF4295.jpg

Once these had finished, and there were quite a few 'acts' within the show we moved on and got coffee and ice cream at the out post between China and Germany before carrying on round. We took our time and enjoyed looking at the architecture, but if your not into shopping there is not much to do until the USA.

DSCF4300.jpg

We got to America just as the show had started so we walked on and watched the Japanese drummers before exploring the gardens and doubling back to America.

DSCF4316.jpg

I enjoyed the American Adventure, even if we did have to wake DS at the end.:lmao:

By now it was dark, and DW was feeling the cold since she was not walking, so we went on round back toward Future World without stopping. Yet more reasons to come back.:thumbsup2

We just caught the last showing of the day for Honey I Shrunk the Audience, which we all enjoyed. I then went back to the car for coats while DW and DS went back round the lagoon to Morocco to get some dinner. I was somewhat surprised to find them sat outside shivering when I got there, DW didn't want to go in without me in case I missed them.:love: We had dinner in the CS place, which was good. DS got two meals he had never tried before in one day and liked both.

We settled in to a spot between America and Italy to watch Illuminations and took our time going back round the Lagoon afterwards to let the crush go. We called into Mouse Gear on the way out, I had seen a Year Of a Million Dreams Tink t-shirt for DW in the window, but they had not got it inside despite the CM looking out back for us. I did get a t-shirt for me though, it has the 4 parks and 4 characters all watching MK's fireworks on the front, but it is too good to wear on a firework job back home.

Day 11, not much ;)

What's that noise? Its the phone ringing in the villa:eek: Queue mass stumbling around trying to get decent to get to the phone. DSis beats me to it and declines the kind offer of satellite TV:rolleyes: . It is only then that we look at the clock and see its 10:10 and not one of us was awake before the call.

After such a pleasant wake up call we sit around trying to get our wits back for a while before deciding to join DSis and DBiL at the bowling alley before going off to our ADR at Wilderness Lodge that evening.
DSis and BiL are keen bowlers, often representing their county back home in competitions. They had ordered new balls (less than half UK price) and work on the balls they brought with them when they arrived and wanted to try them all out.

The problem we had was that our food clocks had been completely thrown by the late start, breakfast was around 11am so we got hungry mid afternoon. We went to Old Town on the 192 after bowling and went for a snack at the pizza place just at the entrance, which was excellent but far to big when we were due to have dinner at 7:40.

We wanted to get some shopping while in the states, so we went off in search of the Florida mall from Old Town, where we picked up a few bits, but got tight for time to get back to WDW.

We got to Wilderness Lodge on time and were very impressed by the building and the atrium.

P2130434.jpg

We were much less impressed by the racket coming out of the Whispering Canyon Cafe. I had read on here that it could get noisy, but was not expecting such a full on racket with a PA being used. Since DW and DS were still not that hungry we handed back our pager and left. DW was worried that we had wasted someone's slot, but once I explained that we had in fact speeded up the standby line she was happy.

We went back to the villa and had a sandwich, via a little shopping trip to Walmart on the 192. £6 for a pair of waterproof insulated boots, £16 for a leatherman multi tool (£80 in the UK), £35 for a top end Phillips shaver.:thumbsup2

Day 12 Busch Gardens

After yesterday's getting up performance we set an alarm and all five of us were on the I4 to Tampa by 9:15. An easy hours drive later we were in Busch Gardens' parking lot.
We knew we would come back before the end of the holiday so we didn't bother rushing to try and see all the shows, all the animals and ride all the rides in one day. Rather we would see what we saw and do the rest when we came back, it makes for a much more relaxed day.:thumbsup2

From the EVC rental shop we walked (or rode for DW) in the general direction of Rhino Rally, looking at the Alligators, Chimps and Gorillas on the way. It was nice to see how much what was the tiny baby gorilla had grown since we saw it last year.
As we came out of the trail the train was just arriving so we jumped on that to see the savannah animals. As you can see we got just as close to the rhino as we did last year on the back stage tour, only this time there was no barrier.:eek:

DSCF4336.jpg

Rhino Rally had hardly any line, and DS got to be the navigator. The driver was very into his role, or mad. He even continued to 'act' when we got off and there was no one waiting to get on, he made the ride for us.:thumbsup2

As we finished the ride so the rain started, the forecast had said there was a chance of a thunder shower so it was no surprise. It was time to eat anyway so we went into the Crown Colony, just beating the rush. The rain was very heavy, of the type that bounces a foot back into the air when it hits the ground. When we finished eating DS and DBiL went back to the car to get some coats (some people don't listen to forecasts), arranging to meet us at Pirates 4D. They later told us that they were nearly trampled by the hoards heading out of the park.

By the time we watched Pirates the sun was out, and it stayed that way for the rest of the day. Its a good job the ECVs come with a basket on the front or there would have been another trip back to the car to dump coats.

DS, DSis and I rode Kumba, on a nearly empty train since most people had gone home. From there we walked down past the building site that was Python to Sheikra. Does anyone know where the white tigers are while the building work is being done?

It was so quiet by now that when we (all except DBiL) rode Sheikra we were able to stay on the ride after the first go round, in fact we moved from row 2 to row 1 for the second ride.:cool1: DW loves this ride, but hates Kumba :confused:

From there we went down toward the front of the park stopping so I could pull a few birds.:thumbsup2

DSCF4379.jpg

As we went past we noticed the bird show was about to start so went in, one of about four groups to do so. When it got to the part of the show for a kid to join in their choice was DS or a girl of a about 4!

DSCF4412.jpg

He was not happy with me and so got his own back by offering my services when they wanted an adult. Luckily there are no photos of my humiliation at the wings of an Emu.;)

DSis and DBiL headed off in the direction of the hospitality building when the show finished while we headed off to Gwazi, where DS and I rode the lion side as Tiger was closed. That's us waving from near the back.

P2130508.jpg

We went over to Egypt DS and I rode Montu twice in a row without getting off. We also had a look round the recreation of king Tut's tomb, since we could see it in peace.

After a brief struggle to get DSis out of the gift shops by the exit we were on our way up the I4 to Orlando. DSis and DBiL and discovered a great Bar-B-Q restaurant on the 192 called Smoky Bones, so despite feeling tired we went there for dinner. DW and DS shared a full rack of pork ribs, while I had steak and shrimp. I'm glad to say they couldn't finish the ribs between them, so I got a couple to sample.:thumbsup2

Back at the villa we decided that what we really needed to relax us was a quick soak in the pool, after convincing DW that we would not drown just relaxing rather than swimming hard so soon after food.

P2140535.jpg

Just caught up - great report.

I'm very interested in the Big Red Button!

Day 13 Blizzard Beach & Arabian Nights

Day 13 was quite warm in the morning, by UK standards, so I talked DW into trying BB. We had never been to any of the water parks and after reading so much on here was determined to get to one this year.

We got there and went in the shop and got our locker, I also picked up one of those t-shirts that you wear in the water (scratch tops?) then walked over to the beach to claim a spot before heading up the hill on the chair lift. I had read the signs and heard the CM's staffing the lift talking about 'No Loose Articles' so left my glasses behind, only to see loads of people wearing them.:confused:

We decided to start slow and so got in line for the family raft ride, Teamboat Springs. While it was quiet in the park there was quite a queue for this and the wind was chilly up on top of the hill, so DW got cold which is NEVER a good thing. She did however LOVE the ride.:thumbsup2 Once down the bottom we decided to try the lazy river. After a while DW announced she was cold and was heading back to the beach, I had a feeling there was more to this than cold, but DS was some way ahead and I had to continue. I caught him up and we both got out across the wave pool from where our stuff was. We spent a while in the wave pool, crossing it as we played toward DW. DS was shivering by now, but since he does that whenever in water I didn't worry too much. I'm sure you could boil him in a pan and he would still feel cold.:confused3 When we got back to our stuff DW was about to go and get changed, one look was enough to tell me she was not well, so DS and I joined her.:sad1: We headed back to the villa where DS and I continued our play in our own, warmer, pool while DW waited for her pain killers to work.

We had reservations for the VIP package at Arabian Nights that evening, so we had to be there for four thirty. DSis and DBiL reappeared around four to join us for the evening. As far as I could see the difference between the normal tickets for this and the VIP is that you get to walk around the stables before the show and you will get to sit in the first three rows.

DSCF4442.jpg

DSCF4439.jpg

The show was good, if you ignore the plot and stick to enjoying the riding. The food is all right, but not great. Even with our VIP treatment it was barely warm enough.

Having been to the early show it was not late when we came out, so we went off with DSis and DBiL for another round of bowling.

Day 14 Pirates and Princess Party

Day 14 was going to be full, DSis had picked us up tickets for the Pirate and Princess Party at MK. Her and DBiL had not got any Disney tickets this trip and had not been to MK for a few years. At less than $40 for 8 hours in the park this was by far the cheapest way for them to catch up with MK.

We arranged to meet DSis and DBiL before heading off to Blizzard Beach so that DW could get one of the tops I had got the day before. Where yesterday was around 75 today was nearer 50 so it was not exactly busy there. There were however a few mad souls in the water and on the big slides, they must have been freezing.:eek:

From BB we drove over to the Magic Kingdom parking lot before getting on the monorail to Epcot so we could pick up mum's present and do a couple of the attractions we had missed before. When we got to Epcot we hired an ECV for DW before walking straight onto Spaceship Earth. Being tall I always have to slump down in my seat to hear on this ride, otherwise the speaker is talking straight to my shoulder.

We then headed over to the Land to see what the line was like for Snoring. As we went down the ramp Circle of Life was just loading and since we had never seen it before we went in. I think this must be one of the older things in the land as it is just a straight film, no moving seats, no smell-o-vision, no 3D goggles, just a well produced informative film.:thumbsup2 On getting out of Circle of Life we did look at Snoring, but it had a standby line messured in hours and the fast pass return was a couple of days away, or just before closing that night anyway. We had lunch in Seasons again before heading over to Mexico to pick up mum's present. DS had developed a pounding head ache during the morning and I did fear we were going to lose the afternoon, but the power of Nurofen and a piggy back from me all the way from the land to Mexico soon sorted him out, even if it nearly killed me.:headache: On the way back from Mexico we went on Figment, which was fun. DS wanted to get some stuff for people back home so we headed over to Mouse Gear, but on the way I finnaly figured out where the Coke shop is so we diverted to try all the free samples. Do NOT drink the Italian drink in here, Beverly, it is foul :sick: by all means try it, but only take a small sip or you will be reunited with your last meal.

We got to ride in the cab of the monorail again on the way over to MK, but the driver this time never said a word to us, not even when we had to wait while an engineer train crossed in front of us near the TTC.

After park hopping our ECV rental, which seemed to confuse the CMs in the rental shop at first, we met DSis and DBiL at the top of Main Street. We had entered MK on out P&PP tickets so we would not have to pick up wrist bands later. I hope for all you going in August that they still let you in at 4-4:30 as this is a great cheap way to see MK.:cool1:

We had seen nearly everything in MK by now in our holiday so we let DSis set the tour today. They had never been on Jungle Cruise and hadn't been on Pirates since it's rehab so we set off for Adventure Land. I think because the park was closing early the crowds were extra light, we only waited 10 minutes for both rides.

Wishes was firing extra early today, for the guests who had to be out by 7pm so we headed back to the hub to watch. I'm going to cheat a bit here and use a couple of photos I took last year of Wishes when I had my tripod with me.

DSCF2727.jpg

DSCF2750.jpg

These were taken from next to the Roy and Minnie statue in Town Square. I think this is one of the best fireworks shows in the world, and it never fails to get something in the corner of my eye.;)

While we were all watching Wishes the CM's had been quietly roping off the walk ways out of the hub to the other parts of MK. As soon as the show finished you could not get past them into the park without showing your wrist bands. For the first couple of hours there were also cast checking wrist bands as you went into places and even just out around the park. We even saw a couple ask someone near us for theirs while eating in Cosmic Rays, where we ate straight after Wishes. The park was nearly empty when we came out after eating, so we walked onto Buzz before leaving DBiL to hold the bags while the rest of us waited an whole 10 minutes for Space Mountain. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was open for the first time today after it's rehab, but even so it was a walk on. This is a great dark kidde ride, I never rode it before the rehab so I don't know if it is any better than before, but some of the effects were clever. I also spotted the photo in Owl's house of Mr Toad handing over the deeds to the place from when he had a ride in this location. We then walked onto Snow White which seemed a bit borring after the bouncing and floating of TMAoWP.

It was now time to head back to the hub for the P&PP fireworks, which I was really looking forward to. As you can see they had also re-lit the park for the party, this is what was done on Main Street, I'm not sure I liked it more than the normal lighting to be honest.

P2150623.jpg

The fireworks were great, with them firing from right round the park not just from behind the castle. Don't be fooled though, again this show is designed to be watched from the lower part of the hub nearest Main Street.

P2160650.jpg

There were loads of people heading down Main Street as this finished, but we went over to Haunted Mansion where we again walked straight in. We then picked a spot in Liberty Square to watch the parade. When we got there it was marked up as disabled viewing, but just before the parade started DW was the only disabled in the whole area so they took the signs off and maybe half a dozen people joined up. It also started to rain as we waited which was a shame since it was now cold and wet.:sad1: The parade itself was great, the cast took no notice of the wet as usual.

P2160657.jpg

P2160667.jpg

P2160671.jpg

I would have posted a picture of Tink, but she was looking away when she was in range of my flash.

DW was now cold and wet, so she headed home with DS who had also had enough, but DSis, DBiL and I were going to get our money's worth.:banana: DSis wanted to see Country Bears and since it was warm in there DBiL and I did not object. From there we went over to BTMRR where DBiL held the bags while we walked on. DSis now decided that what we need to do was ride Splash Mountain, at 11:30 in 40 degrees of heat! I was quite happy to join her since I had a warm waterproof coat on, but she didn't have a coat at all. She decided to take off her fleece and jumper so she could put them back on dry if she got wet.:confused: The CM's staffing the queue couldn't quite believe what they were seeing as DSis went past in just a thin strappy t-shirt. About three quarters of the way round a CM emptying trash cans stopped us and gave DSis a clean trash bag fearing a law suite from DBiL if she died of cold! As it was we didn't get very wet at all.

P2160701.jpg

There was still time before the park closed so we headed back to Fantasy Land to Philarmagic which DSis and DBiL had never seen. DBiL wanted to go on Small World, but thankfully DSis spotted Peter Pan which she had never ridden so we went on that instead, all three of us in one boat. 'Unfortunately' the CM's on Small World were good and punctual closing down that night so DBiL will have to wait for his next holiday to ride it again.:lmao:

We took a slow walk back down though the castle and down Main Street with the very few others still there.

P2160714.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter