Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Sweets!

Graeters ice cream, Coconut chip and black raspberry chip especially. Add their semi-sweet chocolate syrup and there’s no better treat for me!

A very well made chocolate ice cream soda. These are very hard to find!

Strawberry rhubarb pie, well made.

Sweet Treats... mmm... 🍡🍪🍬🎂🍧🍫🍭🍨

I appreciate fruity things - fruity chocolate and fruity ice cream.

Also, chocolaty things ... especially with a touch of sea salt or Swiss milk.

And American treats, like fudgy, chewy brownies and soft choc chip cookies. They're just not the same over here!!

P.S. I haven't said it for a while, but thanks so much to you, PollyannaMom for your commitment to this thread every day. It really is a daily lift. :love::flower3:

3 sweets!

I'd have to say

Carrot cake - I loved the story above about it!

Strawberry shortcake - my favorite summer dessert!

Strawberry cake (the only cake I've ever made from scratch :o ) - the story behind it - Spring of 2020, middle DD was a senior at Ole Miss which is about 6 hours from home. Her birthday was at the end of April so everything was basically locked down. I wanted to do something special for her birthday, but was pretty limited in what could be done. I was able to order a cake from a bakery down there and her boyfriend picked it up for them to enjoy. Back at home, I found a new special recipe. I made the cake and took pieces over to my sister's family and to my mom. We then all had a zoom call and ate birthday cake together after singing happy birthday to her.

Soft serve for sure and Wendy's Frosty's I used to enjoy as well! Definitely Wienerschnitzel chocolate shakes and a local frozen yogurt place by my church's yogurt was the best because it tasted like lighter sweet ice cream rather than actual yogurt. Yum!

What a lovely story, Newski_mom! Thank you for sharing that with us:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter