Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Wednesday things we're grateful for:

Every other Wednesday is when I watch my friends' twins after school. (I homeschooled kindergarten for them during the pandemic, so it's nice to still see them sometimes!)

Abbot Elementary is on Wednesdays, and I like that show.

DS says - "Friday is in two days!'

Happy THURSDAY DIS Friends! :wave:

This is an easy one for me to think of, but a difficult one for me to keep it at 3 :scratchin

#1 - I’m grateful for The Bible.

#2 - I’m grateful for The Harry Potter books. I’ve read them twice and I’m gearing up for a third time soon. Every time I read these books and watch these movies I’m in awe of JKR’s imagination - extraordinary!

#3 - I’m grateful for the North & South trilogy. This was a huge read and I would google historical facts as a read the books, which added to my read time, but it was a great history lesson and I learned a lot.

*I really want to mention Gone With the Wind, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Hunger Games, Tuesdays With Morrie, The Revenant, Twilight Series, Water for Elephants, the Ruby Landry series and more, but I’ll keep it at just three - LOL!

Harry Potter
Kingdom Keepers
Game of Throne's
Girl With Dragon Tattoo Series -
Cousins War Book Series - Red Queen / White Queen - Henry VIII

I could go on and on I’m sure I’m missing a bunch - again I love to read !!!
I’m very grateful I can read and I’m always grateful to the talented people who write these awesome stories or books about people places events do I can read them enjoy it learn from it or just escape to it or read me some Mr Stephen King and wonder about his amazing mind !! Just finished one of his books last night couldn’t put it down it was so good !!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Missed yesterdays--Today's Topic (We'd. 12/7) - 3 Things You're Grateful for About Wednesdays

1. Grocery and errand day
2. Trash day
3. Extra grateful for yesterday as the new floor finally started going down

Today's Topic (Thurs. 12/8) - 3 Books (or book series) You're Grateful for

1. Gone With the Wind
2. Harry Potter
3. Twilight

Echoing others' choice of the Harry Potter Series! - I've lost track of how many times I've read them. (And bonus gratitude to my oldest niece, who introduced me to them!!)

The Ramona (Beverly Cleary) and Peter & Fudge (Judy Blume) series that I read to DS. So grateful for times of comfort & connection!

And lumping three in together here, this is my personal "series" of recommendations if anyone asks me what non-fiction books to read:
The Paradox of Choice - Barry Schwartz
The Power of When - Michael Breus
Atomic Habits - James Clear
I am grateful for the insight each of these has given me.

Did anyone besides me read the book written after Gone With athe Wind ? Scarlet ? I enjoyed it
Edit - different author years later

1. The “Irish Country Doctor” series by Patrick Taylor. These are mostly set in the 1950’s, 60’s in Northern Ireland. I read the whole series this year.

2. All the books by James Herriot.

3. The Mitford Series by Jan Karon.

These exemplify the kind of books that are dear to my heart. They are the ones that come to me off the top of the head. When I was a young adult, I loved all books my “Miss Read” an English author who wrote about village life.
Miss Read 1) Village School (1955) 2) Village Diary (1957) 3) Storm in the Village (1958) 4) Miss Clare Remembers (1962) 5) Over the Gate (1964) 6) Village Christmas (1966) 7) Fairacre Festival (1968) 8) Emily Davis (1971) 9) Tyler's Row (1972) 10) Christmas Mouse (1973) 11) Farther Afield (1974) ...

I’m a voracious reader. It’s just too many books to choose…so I will narrow it down to my favorite books in the classroom:

Anything by Dr. Seuss, especially HORTON HEARS A WHO and THE LORAX.

Anything written by Eric Carle, especially THE GROUCHY LADYBUG.

THE SNOWY DAY, by Ezra Jack Keats

3 Books (or book series) You're Grateful for

I also love to read📚Great morning gratitude question, PollyannaMom:hug:

First and foremost, the Holy Bible! I also enjoy each day Jesus Calling.

1 My own childhood wasn't always positive. It in so many ways I was absolutely blessed! No complaints only, always gratitude to God in all! I do still enjoy reading some kids series books such as The Baby-sitters Club and Boxcar Children. I well remember also as a kid enjoying Beverly Clearly and some Judy Blume books too. PM me any of you who may want to share/be nostalgic a bit more about these fun books. Also, if any of you ever want to share more about a Jesus Calling devotional, I'd love to read your thoughts.

2 I mostly now read a lot of Love Inspired books. Just the regular line. No Amish, Suspense, or Historical. Just stories of small towns usually with faith filled people in them, sort of reminiscent of a Hallmark movie but more real.

3 This time of year, I have to include the children's book, recommendation as a Christmas gift for young kids, Santa's Favorite Story

Happy reading today to all! I do each night include in my bedtime extra communion, talking with God, my thanks to Him that I am able to read and enjoy doing so as well! Grandma once had the attached sweatshirt! Good memory of a beloved lady.

Attachments

• books shirt.jpg
    books shirt.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2
Timeline of importance:

Bored kid grew up reading Shakespeare and Encyclopedias found like buried treasure among my grandparents things when Grandma took us in, taught me a lot about human nature.
Harry Potter books on tape when I broke ties with my family, such a help.
Tuesdays with Morrie and all of Mitch Albom's books, not quite a series per se' but they do have a specific train of thought driving through.
I'd tie third with Stephanie Plum series for lighthearted silly, which is important when I need more light that I can cast on my own.

In honor of Walt's birthday ...

Today's Topic (Mon. 12/5) - 3 Disney things you're grateful for
1. The Rescuers...my favorite Disney movie ever, since I was a little girl.
2. Disneyland. WDW is good, but DL is a bit more special.
3. Disney music.
Today's Topic - 3 Things You're Grateful for Begging with L
1. Lilacs (my favorite)
2. Love (awww)
3. LInus (from Peanuts)
Today's Topic (We'd. 12/7) - 3 Things You're Grateful for About Wednesdays
Got nothing here.
Today's Topic (Thurs. 12/8) - 3 Books (or book series) You're Grateful for
1. Jim Butcher's Dresden Files
2. Little House on the Prarie (loved it when I was a kid)
3. STeven Brust's Jhereg series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter