Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Christmas: in spite of the stress, it still brings me so much happiness. I am grateful mostly for sharing it with my granddaughter, seeing Christmas lights, listening to Christmas music (all kinds), and movies. I am especially grateful when I can be at WDW when it is decorated for the holidays.

Birthdays: memories of all the themed parties I made for my daughter and thankful every year on my birthday that I am still here!

Halloween: years of memories and now making new ones with my granddaughter. Our neighborhood goes all out with decorations and lights. It’s a great place to trick or treat.

Birthdays: I like to try to make the day special for those I am closest to especially my girls and my dad.
Christmas: it’s a lot of work, but I still love it. Been hosting Christmas dinner for about 20 years now.
New Year’s Eve: celebrate with the neighbors. We host. Kind of marks the end of the season for me.

I've never been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, but I'm thankful to have been to Universal's Mardi Gras celebration twice. - I loved it! 💜💛💚

I'm thankful for a town dairy festival we used to have where I grew up. It was full of silly traditions and built great memories. 🐄

I'm thankful the town I live in now does a great 4th of July celebration. 🇺🇸

(Tues, 2/13) - 3 celebrations you're grateful for

1. Birthdays - Love celebrating all of them! Today is my mom's 80th - looking forward to our evening out with her!
2. Baby showers - so much fun anticipating the new baby!
3. Opening day of baseball - I've never been to the opening day celebrations, but I love watching them on tv and hopefully someday, I'll be able to go in person (maybe when I retire lol)!

CELEBRATIONS 🥂 🎂 💝 🎄

Christmas: I love the bonds of such a shared occasion. Special mention for the lights and music!

Celebrating life through nature: When you drive along a deserted road with just nature surrounding you, especially if the sky is blue and the sun shining (but really any conditions) - it feels like such a celebration of life and the universe!

NYE: It's not that the calendar matters to me that much, but I appreciate a low-key, relaxed NYE which centers on fun!

#3 - Halloween - we always go to our neighbor‘s house for chili and hot dogs. Three houses get together and we all bring food. We’ve been doing this for about 15 years now.

I've never been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, but I'm thankful to have been to Universal's Mardi Gras celebration twice. - I loved it! 💜💛💚

I'm thankful for a town dairy festival we used to have where I grew up. It was full of silly traditions and built great memories. 🐄

I'm thankful the town I live in now does a great 4th of July celebration. 🇺🇸
New Year’s Eve: celebrate with the neighbors. We host. Kind of marks the end of the season for me.

😍😍😍 I do love neighborhood/local community celebrations, so it's good to hear all your experiences/traditions.

Happy Valentine’s Day :wave:

I’m going to narrow it down to Ash Wednesday/Lent.

#1 - Receiving Ashes - always an emotional moment for me every year. The ashes help me to remember that our time here is temporary, our lives are not forever, so we need to live a good life to prepare for eternal life with our Heavenly Father.

#2 - Spending more time at church - I’m a Liturgical Lay Minister, which for me, is a Lector. We have times during Lent that we all get together to focus on our ministries. Our first meeting is Saturday. I enjoy these meetings and it’s a wonderful time to get to know others better. I also enjoy going on Fridays to The Stations of the Cross, which is always good to do at least once during Lent.

#3 - No meat on Friday and my Lent sacrifices - these sacrifices help keep my mind on Lent every day. Christ made the ultimate sacrifice for us, and my little sacrifices are trivial compared to HIS sacrifice, which I am grateful for every day.

Thank you Slo for all you do for God at your church. I would love to be part of your Bible study group. Thank you for leading one.

Happy Valentine's Day along with Ash Wednesday peace to all who observe. For me, today, is a quieter, more meditative in a way journey in faith than during Advent. I pray extra day by day, to walk closer, witness kinder and love more dearly God. Reminds me that a long while back, someone asked if I meant Day by Day from Godspell. I do indeed. I never saw the musical just pray the hymn ✝️

Grateful extra to God today for the beginning of Lent. I pray to give up extra not moving forward on His Christian nonfiction book call. Thank you all who are and have already contributed. More writers are most welcome. 2 paragraphs+ PM me please for more information.

Valentine's Day to me is an additional reminder that my Savior Jesus was, is, and always will be my greatest Valentine ever. His extra mercy that I get to spend today with my dad and remind all of you, I care and appreciate you :)

Winds-Days make me smile to think of our friend pooh:

(Wed, 2/14) - any 3 things you're grateful for

1. My health (mostly good, could be better, could be worse)
2. My neighbors - I've been blessed with good ones over the years
3. My car - it's 8 years old and DH thinks we need to get a new one, but I still love it and it gets me everywhere I need to go!

1. My dentist. I HATE going to the dentist. I grew up in the late 50s/60s when dental hygiene basically didn't exist. We brushed our teeth morning and night, and that was about it. No fluoride in the water, no regular cleanings, no sealants, and the only time you flossed was to get a chunk-o-something out from between your teeth. We only went to the dentist for a toothache. Consequently, my teeth are full of fillings, all done by a dentist who believed that kids' teeth have no roots and therefore wouldn't use novocaine. Yup, as bad or worse than you can imagine, and it gave me HUGE dental phobia. I never go to the dentist if I can avoid it; I'd rather go to the gynecologist. However, for the past 20 years we've had a great dentist up here, and he recognizes my fears. He's a good dentist, and if I need anesthetic, more anesthetic, etc., he has no problem giving it to me. He doesn't want me to be afraid, and REALLY doesn't want me to be in pain. While I still don't love going to the dentist, I am better about it because I know he's not going to let anything hurt me.

2. Having my own car. It means I can get up and go whenever I need/want to. For the past 2 years, since we've been a blended family, we've had 3 cars for 4 adults (and a grade school kid). I am usually the one who does without a car, carpools, gets rides, or takes the bus. I SO miss the freedom of saying "going to my sister's this weekend" and just being able to go, instead of messing around with "who needs a car for what", renting, bus/train schedules, etc. I miss having my own car!

3. Friends who don't give up on the friendship, even when circumstances surrounding the friendship change.

1. My parents - I'm grateful that not only are they both still with us, they're both healthy enough to really enjoy their retirement after giving so much to me and my brother while we were growing up and shifting into adulthood. I don't get the benefit of living near them, but we still FaceTime once a week as a family, they do more for the kids for little holidays like Valentine's Day than I do, and we do what we can to visit as often as we can.

2. Healthcare - While the costs anger me to no end, I'm thankful for good doctors who care about their patients...for both me, my family, and my friends.

3. A Job - In a time where we've seen a number of people facing layoffs or pay cuts, we're grateful to be employed and have benefits, bonuses, and annual increases that go with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter