Thoughts on DLP from a Disney World veteran

Lucid-one

Earning My Ears
We are DVC owners and frequent visitors to WDW. Although we don’t live anywhere near Florida, this year we have had the pleasure of visiting WDW twice already with another trip in a couple of days and one more planned in the fall. We have also spent 4 days at Disneyland California this year.

I was on a business trip in Paris last week and decided to visit DLP for a day. I was alone without my wife and son.

Getting to the park

I was staying in Paris. For those not familiar, DLP is in Chessy outside of Paris about a half hour. I looked at cabs and the train. A cab would have been about €50. So I decided to take the train. There are multiple train systems in Paris, regional and local. You need the regional train referred to as RER. You are looking for the A line ending in Chessy. It’s very simple to identify because they include a Mickey icon by the correct train line. I forget the exact cost but it was very reasonable. The train was very clean and service was quick at about 35 minutes. The line ends at Chessy. The station is practically inside DLP.

Day at the park

Before I left the states I downloaded the Disneyland Paris app and purchased my single day two park ticket. It cost around $125. They don’t offer Genie+ but do offer Premier Access. It’s basically Ala carte Individual Lightening Lanes and is available for about 12 rides. It ranges in cost from €5 to €17 per ride. I did not buy any of them. I arrived at the park right at opening and was inside in a matter of minutes. In the first hour I had ridden Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor (Haunted Mansion), and Pirates. I took a quick break for a snack and headed to Hyper Space Mountain. Whoo! This is a great rollercoaster and nothing like the two in America. It has a loop and I believe a corkscrew. It was very fast and a lot of fun. I rode a couple of more rides, had lunch and then headed to Walt Disney Studios. I walked on Remys using the single rider line and hit a few other rides. Honestly this park was a bit of a letdown. Not much going on. They are opening Avengers Campus in the next week or so and I’m sure it will improve.

Final thoughts

All in all this is a great Disney park. I loved the parade and still can’t get the music out of my head. Would I fly all the way to Paris for it? Even as a huge Disney fan, no. If you want a small park experience save your flight money and jet lag and go to Disneyland in California. It’s better.

But if you are in Europe and especially Paris, it’s worth spending a day. I can’t imagine the need to spend more than a day. Granted I was there in June before the European schools have ended for summer break. The crowd was light. I rode almost every ride in the park that I wanted to ride at a very leisurely pace in 6 hours. It would have taken longer if my young son would have been with me. There are rides I didn’t ride that I would have done with him. So maybe two days if you have young kids???

Have you been? What did you think? Are you going? Let me know if you have any questions.

Great trip report. Very helpful to us. Thank you. We'll be hitting Disneyland Paris for the first time next year after a few days in Paris and before we head to Belfast.

Thanks for the report. I'm going solo also, in early September. Did they have a lot of single rider lines? Where did you eat? Do you recommend any of the shows?

Thanks for the report. I'm going solo also, in early September. Did they have a lot of single rider lines? Where did you eat? Do you recommend any of the shows?
Single Rider lines are at Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Crush Coaster, RC Racer, Toy Story Soldier Drop, Ratatouille.

According to the app, Avengers Assemble and Spiderman WEB Adventure will both have single rider lines.

Thanks for this report! We are WDW veterans (spend A LOT of time there!) and I've been to DL recently (it's been a few years for the rest of the family). It's my husband and I and two teens.

I'm debating whether to go to DL Paris for one day or two... and trying to get a sense of which are the must-do rides for WDW-vets -- either completely unique to DLP, or different enough from WDW to make riding worth it.

I feel like the reds and blues in the attached would be the ones most worth doing...

We'd be going during a busy time (end of this July - tacking it onto a longer trip), with the Marvel stuff recently opened... anyone have a sense as to whether this would be one or two days under those circumstances?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 4.10.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 4.10.07 PM.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 15
How much was the RER back from Disneyland to Paris? I am debating whether to take the train or do a private transfer.

Also, it appears the only paperwork we need upon arrival from U.S. is passport and CDC Vaccine Card. Is that correct? Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
How much was the RER back from Disneyland to Paris? I am debating whether to take the train or do a private transfer.

Also, it appears the only paperwork we need upon arrival from U.S. is passport and CDC Vaccine Card. Is that correct? Thanks in advance for your help!
RER is 5 euro per one way. from Disneyland to Paris (or vice versa)

Thanks for this report! We are WDW veterans (spend A LOT of time there!) and I've been to DL recently (it's been a few years for the rest of the family). It's my husband and I and two teens.

I'm debating whether to go to DL Paris for one day or two... and trying to get a sense of which are the must-do rides for WDW-vets -- either completely unique to DLP, or different enough from WDW to make riding worth it.

I feel like the reds and blues in the attached would be the ones most worth doing...

We'd be going during a busy time (end of this July - tacking it onto a longer trip), with the Marvel stuff recently opened... anyone have a sense as to whether this would be one or two days under those circumstances?
Do not miss Big Thunder Mountain, it's the best out of all the BTM rides across the world. Skip the Studio Tram Tour, it has been refurbished into a Cars ride, it takes long and is incredibly boring, unless you are 5 years old and into Cars.
Tower of Terror officially has 3 different scenarios, but I have only seen 1 since they released it.
I would consider Phantom Manor similar but different. It's not that unique compared to Haunted Mansion, it is a must do, in my opinion.

I think you can accomplish a lot in these two days. Depends also if you want to see shows, fireworks etc. will you be staying on site to make use of EMH, etc. But yes, doable for sure even in a busy time.

Do not miss Big Thunder Mountain, it's the best out of all the BTM rides across the world. Skip the Studio Tram Tour, it has been refurbished into a Cars ride, it takes long and is incredibly boring, unless you are 5 years old and into Cars.
Tower of Terror officially has 3 different scenarios, but I have only seen 1 since they released it.
I would consider Phantom Manor similar but different. It's not that unique compared to Haunted Mansion, it is a must do, in my opinion.

I think you can accomplish a lot in these two days. Depends also if you want to see shows, fireworks etc. will you be staying on site to make use of EMH, etc. But yes, doable for sure even in a busy time.
Thanks so much -- super helpful!!

Imo BTM in Paris is better than Anaheim or Orlando.
Must see shows are the Lion King and Mickey and the Magician.

There were several rides with single rider. The app indicates which have single rider. I took advantage of it at Hyper Space Mountain and Remy’s. Both saved a considerable amount of time. Standby at Remy’s was about an hour and I walked on in single rider. I was not as lucky with Crush. Standby was near 2 hours and single rider was around 90 minutes. I didn’t wait on that one.

I ate lunch at a lion king themed quick service. I forget the exact name. It was good. I did not do any table service. I had a few snacks throughout the park. Typical Disney food. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I recommend the Lion King show.

All are great rides. I really enjoyed Big Thunder. Phantom Manor was good too. I didn’t ride Tower. It went down while I was in line.

With Avengers Campus being open when you are there, you may want to consider two days. July will also be busy due to Europe schools being out for summer break.

I did not need vaccine card, although I carried it. There is an online form you complete declaring you have been vaccinated and are free of symptoms. Of course, this could change at any time. Your airline should provide you with current accurate requirements.

I think RER is the way to go. Cheap and efficient.

Appreciate your excellent report …
I wonder if DLP has a better system of attraction maintenance ?
It does not appear you had any problems or refurbs, etc .
Keeping your mini guide for future dreams .

Appreciate your excellent report …
I wonder if DLP has a better system of attraction maintenance ?
It does not appear you had any problems or refurbs, etc .
Keeping your mini guide for future dreams .
I don’t know if it’s better or worse. Small World was closed for an extended refurb. While I was in line for Tower something happened. I’m not sure if it went down. They never cleared the queue although I did opt to leave. It was a 20 minute queue when I entered and it was moving good for a few minutes and then it just stopped moving. After 20 minutes or so I got out of the queue.

I think the downtime of rides varies. We were in Disney World back in October and I thought we were never getting off Splash because it kept going down. We were there in May and had no issues. But again a few weeks ago it went down as we were on the climb of the big hill. They didn’t clear us and after five to ten minutes we continued. We’ve had good luck with Rise in Disneyland California and Disney World. Although this trip a few weeks ago it went down about halfway through the ride and they cleared us. Guest Services was great and refunded my lightening lane fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter