Thoughts on a honeymoon resort

TTAfanatic

Mouseketeer
I was looking at booking a resort for my fiancee and mine honeymoon. I was wondering about the Poly MK view, or AKL Savannah view. I'm open to suggestions if you think there are better resorts.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Either would be fine for me, but if quiet dining is on your wish list, Ohana may not be a good fit.

On the other hand, a view of the castle (there or GF) would probably be the key factor for me.

Having stayed at both resorts, my choice would be the Poly for a honeymoon :goodvibes. The tropical surroundings are beautiful, the beach is a great place to relax in a hammock while watching the fireworks, and it's romantic walking around at night under the lit tiki torches :lovestruc. We didn't stay in a MK view room, but it was very magical seeing the castle from just about anywhere on the Poly grounds....so having that view from your room would make it that much more magical :wizard:. Good luck deciding on a resort and congratulations on your upcoming wedding :).

Congratulations!

The Poly is a great resort for a honeymoon. DW wasn't thinking Disney was a honeymoon spot, but a TPV room at the Polynesian cleared that up real quick :rotfl:. She had a great time.

It really is a gorgeous resort, plenty of room for romance, with lots of torch lit winding pathways to get lost on, a great view of the MK from the beaches and some rooms, and good eats. They really do immerse you in a great tropical feeling.

The resort is probably the best located on property as well with the TTC within walking distance, and the monorail to the MK, GF and CR.

There was a PP that said 'Ohana might not be best for a quiet romantic meal, and really, I don't think there is such a thing in Disney (unless you're shelling out for Victoria & Alberts), but try Narcoossee's, The California Grill, Artist Point or The Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Congratulations!

I would vote for Poly, but I honeymooned there so I guess you could say I'm a little biased :love:

You really can't compare the transportation options, though. Poly wins without a doubt. We visited AKL on our last trip and it just felt so far away from everything to me. But, hey, that might be what you're going for! You'll have to decide what your priorities are. AKL would certainly be more budget friendly!

My vote is the Grand Floridian for a honeymoon. and the poly for when you go back with your children ;)

My vote is AKL savanna view, but I'm biased because that's where we stayed for our honeymoon.

Poly is a romantic resort. Really any room is nice. We usually book a garden view in Tokelau..which has given us a view of the quiet pool. Quite lovely. While I've visited the AKL for lunch..the resort is a little off the beaten path for my liking.
Poly puts you in the middle of things..but still has a laid back relaxing feel to it. A mere water launch or monorail away, and you're in the parks. Otherwise, you can sit in a hammock on the beach sipping your favorite adult beverage and view the Electric Water Pagent on Bay Lake, followed by Wishes. A nice way to view the fireworks without any of the crowds. Music is piped in as well.

I would say Poly, but I also honeymooned there and it has always been my fav resort. But to me it is one of if the not the most romantic resort.

I would probably go with the Poly. AKL SV is amazing, we stayed there a few years ago and really loved it. Seeing the animals from your room is something that you probably won't experience anywhere else, but it is more remote. I didn't find it to be as bad as everyone says, getting to and from the parks was fine but we were on the DxDP, so getting to our ADR's was a little frustrating at times.

Since then we've stayed at GF and I really do like being on the monorail. There are so many great restaurants in that area, which would be perfect for your honeymoon, Citricos, Narcoosee's, Victoria & Albert's (just tried this last trip and it was truly amazing, best meal ever), California Grill. Even though Ohana is not really quiet dining, it is fun and Kona Cafe is a good casual spot. Plus you can get dole whips at Captain Cooks and that's enough for me right there ;).

Both are great resorts and I'm sure you'll have an amazing time whichever one you choose. Congrats!

I would also go with the Polynesian however my reasons are because I think they have a much better theme, overall location and more transportation options then the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We stayed at AKL SV for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. My thought process was, "Where else can I stay at a hotel like AKL"? Africa? Maybe? Poly looks beautiful, but it is very easy to plan a tropical vacation anytime. When else could you have zebras outside your patio?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter