Thoughts about new CDC guidelines and how it might affect your Disney vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the new world of social media where people can post with no repercussions. So many keyboard warriors.

No more mask and Universal Orlando? For real? We arrive on the 28th, this is the best news ever!

Yes effective immediately. No more face diapers when walking outdoors at Universal.

Some of y’all can’t comprehend the fact we HAD to come to Disney or we would have lost points.

Back to the original reason I posted. Mayor changed mandate today. Universal reacted immediately.
HOW LONG FOR DISNEY TO REACT!?!?!?

Yes effective immediately. No more face diapers when walking outdoors at Universal.

Some of y’all can’t comprehend the fact we HAD to come to Disney or we would have lost points.

Back to the original reason I posted. Mayor changed mandate today. Universal reacted immediately.
It's hard to take someone seriously when they use the term 'face diapers' but I'll go with it anyways. No one forced you to go to Disney. You can sell DVC points. You can just not go if face diapers bother you so much. You knew the rules going in.

A mandate changed literally hours ago and you are yelling in all caps on a message board wondering why Disney hasn't responded yet? They don't owe you any type of response. They certainly don't you anything within hours just because you are acting like a child over a piece of cloth.

To my understanding the wearing of masks for the public is in the union contract. So Disney can't react immediately.

Home Depot, Target, Kroger, and Meijer are not.

Well Target just decided to stop selling Pokemon and other trading cards because of one incident that happened outside of one store, so I’m not really using them as a gauge for reasonable precautions anymore. LOL!

Anyway, I wouldn’t expect every store to have the same policies, and employee contracts may have something to do with it. Still, good to see progress and I would guess that within a couple of months the majority of stores will be dropping the mandate, which is great news.

No rise in cases here in Texas. But a large part of that, IMO, is because every business still requires a mask. And City Workers All wear masks.

Not in our city! Our governor lifted the mask mandate weeks ago, but the local Walmart said on the news today that they will still require masks "until further notice".

The fact that you call them face diapers is all we need to know about your feelings. You can’t comprehend that you had a choice to go to Disney. You didn’t HAVE to go to Disney—even if you lost points. Very dramatic. And if you are at Disney, don’t you have better things to do than be on the internet talking to strangers?

I think Universal change is reasonable and makes sense at this time. I would be fine if Disney changed to the same policy. IWe go in a week, and we booked it expecting to wear masks inside and outside. If we can walk without a mask in the heat, that would be nice but I knew what I was signing up for when we booked the trip

First and foremost, when we go to Disney in a few weeks, I absolutely plan on complying with their rules. I have no problem with that at all.

That said, if Disney reduces or eliminates mask requirements at that time I am fine ditching them based on the new CDC Guidelines. My understanding of the CDC's position is that fully vaccinated people (1) are extremely unlikely to be infected; (2) extremely unlikely to get sick if they do get infected; and (3) even if they do get infected, unlikely to build enough of a viral load that they could pass it on to someone else who was not vaccinated.

I had no problem with social distancing and wearing a mask when the science indicated it was necessary to do so. By the same token, I have no problem with fully vaccinated people not having to social distance and wear masks now that science has indicated it is not necessary to do so.

I will continue to respect businesses (including Disney) who require masks, and will put mine on with no hesitation if required by the business. But otherwise, I am glad to be moving on from those restrictions.
Perfect….IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter