Those using swagbucks ???

Has anyone had issues with email addresses being 'invalid'? It keeps asking me to verify my email and security question and then says that the address is invalid - and asks if I want to change it. It's not invalid, and I just got a 'gift card ready' email a couple of days ago.. but it's already expired?

I noticed today (July 1) that I can get a $25 Virtual Visa for 2200 SB just like any other $25 gift card. That got me thinking...
1) Can I use it in a Best Buy store? I imagine the cashier would have to manually enter the number, exp date and CVV code.
and
2) Can I pay with two forms of payment in the store? Since I would be purchasing a $50 Disney gift card, I would need to pay the remaining $25 from my PayPal account, using my PayPal debit card.

Any idea if this could be done? If not, I'm just going to cash out my 2200 SB for another Target gift card and go grocery shopping...and add a $25 Disney gift card to my "grocery" list;)

You can pay with 2 forms of payment at BB, you ask for a split tender and tell them you want to charge $25 to this card and then the rest to this card. But I'm not sure BB will accept a manual CC transaction without the card. Manual CC entry is usually discouraged, or at least it used to be, due to fraud concerns. You might get lucky, who knows. And it may help if they can see it's a gift card and it's not you just trying to use someone else's CC info you copied off their card. But I wouldn't bet the farm that it'll work.

One advantage is that you could buy a Disney gift card directly from the Disney Store.
Have you done this in the past? IIRC, years ago (online) they would do a $1 verification on the Visa card before running it through for the final amount and then the purchase would get denied because that $1 hold left too little on the Visa GC to cover the cost of the Disney GC.

If this works, I'm all in for getting the virtual Visa as a first redemption of the month. Hopefully, someone will be able to give more recent experience.

Have you done this in the past? IIRC, years ago (online) they would do a $1 verification on the Visa card before running it through for the final amount and then the purchase would get denied because that $1 hold left too little on the Visa GC to cover the cost of the Disney GC.

If this works, I'm all in for getting the virtual Visa as a first redemption of the month. Hopefully, someone will be able to give more recent experience.
Yes, I did this a few months ago when I wanted a particular design for one of my gift cards. I was able to use the $25 virtual Visa and I didn’t have any issues.

Yes, I did this a few months ago when I wanted a particular design for one of my gift cards. I was able to use the $25 virtual Visa and I didn’t have any issues.

I've had the same experience. What Marionette said does apply, for me at least, for everything else on the Disney website, but for some reason when I order physical gift cards from them they only charge the amount of the card.

Another bonus, if you order physical gift cards from the Disney Store through Swagbucks, you will get the cashback, whereas digital gift cards, you don't.

Another bonus, if you order physical gift cards from the Disney Store through Swagbucks, you will get the cashback, whereas digital gift cards, you don't.
That’s good to know! I’m going to try this method this month and see what happens. It will be easier than dealing with Target and as long as the virtual visa is the same discount as the Target/Wal-Mary card, this is a more direct route to getting Disney’s gift cards without being accused of “fraud”.

I have enough to cash out for a $25 express gift card....or should I chug along and cash out $25 to paypal...??? Since target is no longer an option to cash out and get Disney...but I do want a pair of jeans from express and the gift card is 20% off...on the other hand $25 to paypal would give us another $25 to Disney....

I went ahead and grabbed an express GC. I see the visa is still discounted so I’ll grab that to purchase a Disney GC from disneystore.com when I get 2200 SB again

This happened to me, but I got around it by adding the Visa GC to my Paypal account, checking out via paypal, and choosing the Visa GC. Actually now that I type this I never had an issue with the Visa but with the Mastercard GC.

This happened to me, but I got around it by adding the Visa GC to my Paypal account, checking out via paypal, and choosing the Visa GC. Actually now that I type this I never had an issue with the Visa but with the Mastercard GC.
OK....question about PayPal...

I have a PayPal debit card. Normally, when I use it, I run the transaction as a "credit" and it simply withdraws the amount from my PayPal balance. I have never linked a credit card to my PayPal account so if I linked my virtual Visa to my PayPal account, would I be able to use my PayPal Visa card at BestBuy and it would simply use the $25 from the virtual Visa since it is the backup payment?? Is that how it would work?

**IF** that is correct, then I think that would be a perfect solution for me since I could simply cash out for $25 in PayPal cash and a $25 Virtual Visa, link the Virtual Visa to my PayPal account, and then I could go to BB and use my physical PayPal Debit Mastercard to pay for a Disney gift card.

More S'mores TV questions: I clicked on the Ascend Media link in SB and it opened Smores. It ran for a long time with no issues, but it also didn't credit.
I noticed a "login" link on Smores, so I did that and when I logged in, it said I had to link my loyalty program to get credit. But as far as I can tell, Swagbucks is not an option.
I thought just doing SB>Discover>Ascend Media>Smores would give me credit? So do I have to choose Swagbucks from the loyalty rewards partners? And what if it's not listed?

More S'mores TV questions: I clicked on the Ascend Media link in SB and it opened Smores. It ran for a long time with no issues, but it also didn't credit.
I noticed a "login" link on Smores, so I did that and when I logged in, it said I had to link my loyalty program to get credit. But as far as I can tell, Swagbucks is not an option.
I thought just doing SB>Discover>Ascend Media>Smores would give me credit? So do I have to choose Swagbucks from the loyalty rewards partners? And what if it's not listed?

I don't log in and I don't think anyone else does. It doesn't always credit, sometimes I have to restart but this is how it shows up -

07/02/18
Discover: AdWall: Smores.tv - Food (All Geos/Desktop/Mobile
+1 SB

Just did it today. So I should see it on Tuesday?

Just FYI in case it wasn't a fluke, last week my Monday purchase didn't end up going through until Thursday for the 500 SB.

It's not taken that long for me in a long time, but especially with the holiday, and some places more understaffed, I'd not be too worried if it takes a little longer this week for you as well.

Just FYI in case it wasn't a fluke, last week my Monday purchase didn't end up going through until Thursday for the 500 SB.

It's not taken that long for me in a long time, but especially with the holiday, and some places more understaffed, I'd not be too worried if it takes a little longer this week for you as well.
Same here.

Do you have to pay shipping for physical gift cards on disneystore.com?
Nope! And they have some new designs that are "activity-specific" like "Dine", "Golf", "Tour", "Play", and "Relax", among others. I'm glad they came out with those because they are a great way to keep my cards organized for each trip....except most of our expenses are "Dine". I'd love a "Drink" card:drinking1.

They cannot be combined online. In store is up to the discretion of the store. I am not able to combine them at my local WM. You can, however, use multiple gift cards to pay for purchases.
Thanks. I might swing by and give it a shot. I'd like to use them at Sam's online and I've got 3 $25s, and 2 $5s that are for Disney cards.

Does anyone know if you can combine Walmart gift cards?

I have done this two ways:

1. At the cs, they were able to transfer the gcs to a hard card.

2. When I needed something from wm, I would take the paper gcs with me, get a wm gift card and needed item, go to check out, tell cashier I want to put $50 on gc, pay with 2 $25 paper gcs, then pay balance with other form of payment.

***NOTE: This is a definite ymmv situation and it has been a few years since I’ve done this. hth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter