Those of You Who Have Stayed in a Townhouse...

Emme

DIS Veteran
What do I need to bring? I know sheets, towels, pots, silverware... are all included; but what are some things that I should bring that I don't realize? Any help would be appreciated. I am so nervouse as this is our first time renting... THANKS!

I have stayed offsite 3 times in condos. I have never brought towels, utensils ect. Those should be provided for you down to the cofee maker and forks, knives and all. All you have to supply is your food. Also; we do not bring much luggade since washing and dryer is in the condo. Hope it helped

All townhomes will be slightly different, it's best to check with the owner. But some of the things I would suggest are the following...
Dish washing-up liquid
Dishwasher tablets
Laundry detergent
Coffee/Tea & coffee filters (check if you need to bring the relevant pods, senseo etc)
Toilet rolls
Kitchen rolls
Pool towels

With regards to the detergents etc. you may find that the previous guest has left what they didn't use, but there is no guarantee.

The only thing I bring with me is a few Bounce sheets for the dryer so I won't have to buy a whole package down there and my own soap/shampoo. I always check out what's there before I go shopping but usually buy toilet paper, paper towels, dishwasher detergent, washing soap powder. They usually have a starting supply but will probably need more. Sometimes there's enough dishwasher stuff but sometimes not. It's mostly stuff you're going to use up while you're there. I was nervous the first time too but we've done this many many times and don't even think about it now. Good luck. :)

Some things that I bring from home that are easy to pack/don't take up a lot of space are:

dishwasher tablets
sponge for kitchen sink
dryer sheets
trash bags
microwave popcorn packets
instant oatmeal packets

other things you might need but I buy them at a Publix once in FL:
paper towels
TP
laundry detergent
bleach (if you like)
food/drinks

We like to bring a collapsible cooler or back pack and keep frozen bottled water in it to bring to the parks and we always have very cold water for very little $$. jmho
Also when my kids were younger, I brought some sippy cups then later plastic cups from home since most homes provide drinking glasses that are real glass and was afraid my kids would drop/break them.

I normally buy milk.oj & breakfast goods on arrival - the next day or so I will go out & buy everything else we need such as detergents, toilet rolls etc. We normally stay for 2 or 3 weeks & fly in from the Uk so I don't pack anything other than clothes & toiletries.

Most homes should supply pool towels actually, I don't know of any that don't, but you should ask the homeowner you're renting from what is supplied and what to expect to supply yourself, most should have a list of things like this to let you know of!

After some experience; I find that the best items I have brought from home that are very easy to pack and just come in too large amounts or too expensive to buy there are:
Coffee filters, sweetner packets, straws, box of ziploc bags, sometimes my own coffee, dryer sheets, laundry detergent that easy to pack, tea bags, wet wipes,small salt n pepper and always my handy can of lysol for disinfecting the remotes/lightswitches, bathrooms and door handles (My whole family was sick with a terrible flu once in a hotel for days passing it around and I would hate to be the person who came in after us, it was highly contagious and i don't think most cleaning companies do a thorough job, so now i spray everything myself, who wants to be sick on vacation!)

Well I guess the first thing you have to ask yourself is how much time am I going to spend at the townhouse. My family and I always try and rent a condo, town home or beach house. When we rent in Orlando I bring a lot less than say the beach house were we cook a lot more often. But anyway I would bring a sponge, baggies, snacks you can put in the backpack, laundry detergent (I got on Oxy ball for traveling), dryer sheets. I also make sure I bring foods for my daughter who has a milk allergy that can be hard to find or expensive. Last year when we went to Disney I brought the Mickey Waffle maker and some waffle mix that I had made at home so the kids got there Mickey waffles and we didn't have to pay $8 for them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter