Those going to Pandora opening....How early

Ugh - 7am is pretty dang early for me and I'll have my 21 year old son with me. I'll be getting up early and attempting to get to the park at 6:30am. I know I'll want to be there for the PM EMH too. I can always sleep when I get home on Memorial Day sometime.

Don't know about the 21 year old though. At least he's old enough to meet up with me later.
I will be with DS26 and he says he will be ready to go bright and early. I did plan for May 26 (the day before) to be at DHS which means we should finish earlier rather than later and since our hotel is near DHS that will also help us to get back to our room earlier. I hope we can be asleep by 10PM the night before. Earlier if possible. Then up at 5AM and on our way for the big day on the 27th!

:wizard:

You would have to read thru the Office Pandora thread, but on opening day of FoP and NJ FP availability (on March 24 I think) they were not tiered for like 5 or 10 minutes. So anyone online right then - like me - were able to book both.

We are spending one full day and another half day at AK and I was able to get FPs for each ride on both days. Lucky me and a number of others. Too late for everyone else now. :)

That's awesome!!

I was thinking about getting there 4:30 AM-5 AM. Anyone staying at pop and want to share an uber? We can decide on a time and meet in the lobby. Anyone interested??

Just talked to DH. I guess our plans are changing. He said it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to be there when a land like this opens so yes, we are going to be there. Guess we'll plan to leave CBR about 5:30

You would have to read thru the Official Pandora thread, but on opening day of FoP and NJ FP availability (on March 24 I think) they were not tiered for like 5 or 10 minutes. So anyone online right then - like me - were able to book both.

We are spending one full day and another half day at AK and I was able to get FPs for each ride on both days. Lucky me and a number of others. Too late for everyone else now. :)

Post 37 where? I'm confused lol
Se above (it's post 37)

We are flying in the evening before, landing pretty late, and my DH and I are kicking around the idea of going directly to the parking lot at AK and just catching a nap in the car before the opening. I'm sure it's not technically allowed, but I'm thinking about it . . .

KC

We are flying in the evening before, landing pretty late, and my DH and I are kicking around the idea of going directly to the parking lot at AK and just catching a nap in the car before the opening. I'm sure it's not technically allowed, but I'm thinking about it . . .

KC

It's allowed. The parking lots don't technically close, so you can drive in whenever you like. The perk to arriving that early is that the parking booths won't be open so you can park for free. When they did Star Wars Weekends people would camp out the night before.

We plan to leave CBR around 6 or so, whenever the first bus to AK leaves. We have FP+ for NRJ at 8:35-9:35. Other than that, we're just going to walk around and enjoy the land.

We plan to leave CBR around 6 or so, whenever the first bus to AK leaves. We have FP+ for NRJ at 8:35-9:35. Other than that, we're just going to walk around and enjoy the land.
We plan to grab a bus from CBR too, unless there doesn't seem to be one coming in a reasonable time, and then we'll do the Lyft route. I hope they dispatch them early knowing how people will want to get to the park for the big day

Where is the main entrance? I have not seen a map yet (anyone have a link to one?) so I am clueless as to where Pandora is located within the park. :blush:

where camp mickey used to be.

left at the tree of life, left at the first walkway and straight back into pandora (you'll pass pizzafari and tiffins on the path).. or from harambe walk around the restrooms next to lion king and take that path.

pandora.png

for more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/animal-kingdom/pandora-world-of-avatar/

Last edited:
Where is the main entrance? I have not seen a map yet (anyone have a link to one?) so I am clueless as to where Pandora is located within the park. :blush:
Have you been since Tiffin's opened? It's right there next to it, if you have.

where camp mickey used to be.

left at the tree of life, left at the first walkway and straight back into pandora (you'll pass pizzafari and tiffins on the path).. or from harambe walk around the restrooms next to lion king and take that path.

View attachment 235354

for more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/animal-kingdom/pandora-world-of-avatar/

Have you been since Tiffin's opened? It's right there next to it, if you have.

Thank you!!!

Another question....

We are checking into Animal Kingdom Lodge on our AK day. It is an 8am opening day (no EMH). We have our own car, and will be checking out of our offsite lodging that same day. Should we drive straight to AK (will parking lot be open...years ago, they didn't open the lot until right at park opening time??? even though DHS, etc. lots were open) or should we go to AKL and get some kind of transportation from there. I am asking b/c I saw something about CMs parking at Kidani or some other part of AKL to get to the AK park.....

Another question....

We are checking into Animal Kingdom Lodge on our AK day. It is an 8am opening day (no EMH). We have our own car, and will be checking out of our offsite lodging that same day. Should we drive straight to AK (will parking lot be open...years ago, they didn't open the lot until right at park opening time??? even though DHS, etc. lots were open) or should we go to AKL and get some kind of transportation from there. I am asking b/c I saw something about CMs parking at Kidani or some other part of AKL to get to the AK park.....

I don't think the lots actually close anymore so yes you can go directly to AK. If they do close, yes they are opened at least 1 or 2 hours before park opening so you can park and get your spot for rope drop. There may not be trams though but at AK that's not a horrible thing.

I usually have something in my luggage I don't want in the car all day so I would at least drop off my bags and sometimes rooms are ready really early so I would also ask the front desk if the room is ready to check in while I'm there anyway.

We had made ADRs for a dining package at Tusker House for ROL that day, long before we knew the opening date for Pandora. I'm hoping everybody will be there and the rest of the park won't be as crowded. Will visit Pandora a week later, when we get off our cruise and already have our fastpasses

I have another question about opening day. We have a reservation at Pop Century that begins on Saturday, May 27th, but of course we can't check in until that afternoon. We are planning on being at AK very early that morning, to take advantage of the early morning EMH - but I wanted to double check that we CAN do this the day we check into the resort?

Does anyone think Disney will have to do anything at first for Pandora the way universal did for Harry Potter? When that area first opened the had to limit the numbers going in and you would wait in line to get into the area until enough people left. Since this is a clear "section" and could get extremely overcrowded do you think they will implement anything like this procedure?

I also wouldn't be surprised if they did this. But they would need to also have an access for people who have FPs. So maybe two lines, one to get into the land without any advance reservations, and another for people who have upcoming FPs? That is something Universal doesn't have to contend with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter