This Trip Report Is Under Refurbishment For Your Future Enjoyment (UPDATED 9/13 with final bonus chapter)

I can only do one Pop Tart in a day. Any more, and I would have...issues.

A very nice sugar rush that give you energy throughout the day?

:rotfl2:Don't you hate it when that happens?

Only after multiple pop tarts.

I haven't heard much from Andy. Every once in a while he pops up on FB with a comment. I miss him, though. He was always fun to talk to.

Ah! Good to hear he's still alive and kicking.

That popped up around the time the movie came out, and now I just Google it whenever I want to make that joke.:thumbsup2

It's pretty darned funny! I told a couple people about it.

:rotfl::rotfl2: That would make it so much better! A translation screen. "Blessings and health and please stop by our gift shop."

Surprised she isn't holding up a sign for the gift shop.

:rotfl: I could never quite understand it because the driver usually sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher.

Wa wa wawawawa waaaa...

Certainly in a better state of repair than Disco Yeti.

One of these days that thing's gonna fall on the tracks. Lawsuits abound. Free APs for all!

I agree! I think the point the naysayers were making is that it wasn't the mind-blowing leap in technology they expected, just a faster version of a previous ride. All I know is, I thought it was a lot of fun.

That's all that matters.

If I have to wait 3 hours for something, it needs to have a profound, everlasting effect on my life--some kind of once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Like what happens after a few pop tarts?

Yes! Although I remember reading an interview with an Imagineer describing the story of Dinoland and why it looks the way it does, and he said it hurts to hear people denigrating it. He wants to say, "Do you know how hard we worked to make it look this bad?"

I've read that too. :)

That being said, I'm not a fan. I don't go to Disney World to see stuff that looks crappy.

Agreed. Wow me. Don't depress me.

You're just starting now? I'm way ahead of you!

yes. yes you are.

I think they were too small and/or a little intimidated.

I can relate. My kids wouldn't go on HM, first time we went.

I sure hope it never comes! I really love that coaster.

Yep. I wanna stave off obsolescence as long as possible.

Well, just use your flux capacitor and it will be fine.

Can't it's in the shop.
Rust from salt on the streets.

:sad1: As Jeff said, Meat + Fire = World's Best Recipe. I need to have you over for some homemade BBQ.

I sure wouldn't mind! Might even drive 1,000 miles out of my way for that. (I've done it before, as you know)

Hey, I seem to remember you not doing so hot with this lately too.

Stop pointing fingers!!!

Good guess...got something specific in mind?

That Dino dig play area? I've never even seen it. But that's my guess.

That might be a sentence that's never been written before. So excited for you guys! Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl or just be surprised?

I realize I'm in the vast minority, but I absolutely adore that ride. It just makes me giggle the whole time. Everyone else in my family hates it, but as I'm the one who makes the FP....:angel:

We plan on finding out. I'm too Type A not to know. But we've got about 6 more weeks before we'll know.

Huh. I wouldn't have thought to have tried that.

I think I read somewhere once that someone had to lean forward at that part, and it made sense to me the less surface area I was attached to, the less shaking/disorientation.

AK in general is the best for getting good photos and you definitely got some great ones.

It's a gorgeous park. It's really grown on me.
I'm not sure where you found this, but I was :rotfl2:

I've found NRJ to be boring. I haven't seen the movie yet, so yeah, they're cool special effects and scenery, but just another dark ride good for escaping the FL heat.

I don't think seeing the movie would change your opinion much of the ride.

I enjoy the safari every time. Although many times it's the same animals that are up/moving, each tour guide has a little tidbit I'd never heard before.

Yeah, it does feel like a slightly different experience every time. That's a good thing.

They fixed it? it had been down for refurbishment for your viewing pleasure for the longest time.

Something's wrong. It's still in the sleeping position 20 hours a day.

Three levels and three sections. If you ever look to the sides or behind you, you can see other folks and see how the ride is moving (pretty cool to me).

I'll have to check that out sometime. My first time riding it, I didn't want to take my eyes off the screen.

Someone else commented it was like he was high. I think it was @Disney_Commando .

I guess I'm not the only one who noticed!

If it looks like a dragon and quacks (err roars) like a dragon and flies like a dragon...

Totally dragons.

Did the yeti wave back at you?

No, he just flashed me. Wait, that doesn't sound right.

party: :dancer: :jumping1:
And there was much rejoicing!

From me, mostly!

Well, I was already following along, but now you really have my interest piqued.

I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats!

A very nice sugar rush that give you energy throughout the day?

A sudden sense of regret.

Only after multiple pop tarts.

Ah, so you've been there before.

Ah! Good to hear he's still alive and kicking.

Yeah, I think he's just pulled back from online life. It happens. Not necessarily a bad thing, either.

It's pretty darned funny! I told a couple people about it.

It never fails to make me laugh. Glad you enjoyed it.

Surprised she isn't holding up a sign for the gift shop.

It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine it!

One of these days that thing's gonna fall on the tracks. Lawsuits abound. Free APs for all!

Makes me sad. It was so cool when it was first opened and active.

Like what happens after a few pop tarts?

:rotfl2: I love a good running gag.

Agreed. Wow me. Don't depress me.

We spent all that money to go to a nice place and avoid a crappy tourist trap.

I can relate. My kids wouldn't go on HM, first time we went.

Yeah, it's a process. I was proud of the kids for getting on pretty much anything this time around.

Yep. I wanna stave off obsolescence as long as possible.

Always a good business plan.

Can't it's in the shop.
Rust from salt on the streets.

They don't build those things like they used to.

I sure wouldn't mind! Might even drive 1,000 miles out of my way for that. (I've done it before, as you know)

Yes, but you're crazy. A fun kind of crazy, but still.

Stop pointing fingers!!!

Every time you point a finger, there are three pointing back at you.

Don't you hate it when people use that dumb phrase?

That Dino dig play area? I've never even seen it. But that's my guess.

That is an excellent guess.

Redskins by marriage. :laughing:

I'm sorry.

I mean, all they need is a new owner. So that's probably an easy fix.

I realize I'm in the vast minority, but I absolutely adore that ride. It just makes me giggle the whole time. Everyone else in my family hates it, but as I'm the one who makes the FP....:angel:

Oh, man. Bad enough to make everyone ride it, but to use up their FP's on that?? Pure evil.

We plan on finding out. I'm too Type A not to know. But we've got about 6 more weeks before we'll know.

So here's a little tidbit we learned, and I'll preface this by saying I would never dream of telling you how you should do things. Find out or don't, it's your call.

But we learned that if you don't know (we didn't), when your baby shower comes, everyone gets you the stuff on your registry. If you do know what the baby is, everyone just gets you clothes. :rolleyes1

I think I read somewhere once that someone had to lean forward at that part, and it made sense to me the less surface area I was attached to, the less shaking/disorientation.

I guess I'll have to try that next time!

Oh, man. Bad enough to make everyone ride it, but to use up their FP's on that?? Pure evil.

It's not like there are a lot of quality options for Tier 2 in AK anyway. And we generally go 2 days so we essentially end up with a FP to burn.

That does not stop me from dragging them on it via standby either.

But we learned that if you don't know (we didn't), when your baby shower comes, everyone gets you the stuff on your registry. If you do know what the baby is, everyone just gets you clothes. :rolleyes1

This is assuming one has a registry.

I mean, we plan on it, eventually. I think for the last few weeks it's just been sort of surreal. I've only just started showing any hint of bump, and I can't feel anything (other than nausea, which THANKFULLY seems to have subsided) so it's weird. I know there's something in there, but there's no outward proof.

We did get very lucky and a couple in our church were giving away an unexpired car seat, 2 bases, and a stroller the seat snapped into for free. So we jumped on that. I'm sure in the next couple of months we'll get into serious planning mode and start looking at what else we need/want.

I do remember my coworker thinking she had more clothes than she could possibly use, and then she learned that babies can go through 3-4 outfits a day.

A sudden sense of regret.

Nah. Who would regret a fun sugar rush?

Ah, so you've been there before.

Nope! Was extrapolating for you.

Yeah, I think he's just pulled back from online life. It happens. Not necessarily a bad thing, either.

yeah. It can become all consuming.

It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine it!

::yes::

Makes me sad. It was so cool when it was first opened and active.

Wait... you saw it in action??????

We spent all that money to go to a nice place and avoid a crappy tourist trap.

Right!

Yeah, it's a process. I was proud of the kids for getting on pretty much anything this time around.

::yes:: And that's when the fun really starts!

They don't build those things like they used to.

They don't build anything like they used to.

Yes, but you're crazy. A fun kind of crazy, but still.

:laughing:

Every time you point a finger, there are three pointing back at you.

Don't you hate it when people use that dumb phrase?

Yes. Because it's also wrong.
Go ahead. Make pointing gesture and really look at where your fingers are pointed. About 90 degrees left or right (depending on the hand you use) right? So...
Every time you point a finger, there are three pointing at the person beside you. So it's probably 3/4 their fault.

The motto is... Get new friends.

It's not like there are a lot of quality options for Tier 2 in AK anyway. And we generally go 2 days so we essentially end up with a FP to burn.

Gotcha. I only had one day, so I used mine on EE and the safari.

That does not stop me from dragging them on it via standby either.

:sad2:

This is assuming one has a registry.

I mean, we plan on it, eventually. I think for the last few weeks it's just been sort of surreal. I've only just started showing any hint of bump, and I can't feel anything (other than nausea, which THANKFULLY seems to have subsided) so it's weird. I know there's something in there, but there's no outward proof.

We took a lot of hand-me-downs wherever we could, but it's sometimes nice to have some new stuff. Even better if someone else pays for it! And they'll give you lots of clothes when the baby is born anyway. :rolleyes1

I'm excited for you guys to feel the baby kick for the first time. It's so cool!

We did get very lucky and a couple in our church were giving away an unexpired car seat, 2 bases, and a stroller the seat snapped into for free. So we jumped on that. I'm sure in the next couple of months we'll get into serious planning mode and start looking at what else we need/want.

I remember when we had our babies we thought we'd take it easy on vacations to start by just renting a place at the beach for a week. I was cured of this delusion when I found out how much crap I had to haul back and forth from the condo every day just for baby. :sad2:

I do remember my coworker thinking she had more clothes than she could possibly use, and then she learned that babies can go through 3-4 outfits a day.

::yes:: This is very true! Within 8 months you will have been covered in every bodily fluid known to mankind. :crazy2:

Nah. Who would regret a fun sugar rush?

There are much better ways to achieve that!

Wait... you saw it in action??????

I did! We were there in 2006. I think it had only been open for several months at that point.

::yes:: And that's when the fun really starts!

::yes:: :woohoo:

They don't build anything like they used to.

This is true.

Yes. Because it's also wrong.
Go ahead. Make pointing gesture and really look at where your fingers are pointed. About 90 degrees left or right (depending on the hand you use) right? So...
Every time you point a finger, there are three pointing at the person beside you. So it's probably 3/4 their fault.

The motto is... Get new friends.

Wow. You put a lot of thought into that one! :rotfl:

Chapter 11: The Boma Coma

Having answered the siren call of Flame Tree BBQ, we headed back to Africa to meet up with the rest of my family and use up our last FP on another safari ride. Somehow we managed to get all 13 of us to meet in one place at the same time and board a jeep (truck) for another trip through the savannah.

You don’t really need me to recap this entire ride again, do you? I mean, I just did it in the last chapter, and I really hate to repeat myself. I don’t like saying the same things over and over. I can’t stand being redundant.

We did get the special experience of riding along with this guy:

rFsWedeLE3E_Uzeg2AKVi8L64FGTmwiqlpdX7zmIxusG2BvrEb6rW7BJwBsiA-Ff4RhoerIBVlB_K8DoWqRZhX0nnQ17-M-6IjA_dupSy997Y-AwCGH710hfoeOwaouRI-QKd2d-m5k3iEIjfF9yhdeacTDsnuOw6JTH6VAUAwXm8-FZ3F9jl58DDGyQ4ngDZXX4e76j1HvUr3tGT0YcDYs-SpyOxsjIjNzhDcje1-nUUdnoSuwnktLm5Yzhg45K24WIi-Km0X0Z6offh4AG2RGx2gMLEf74vsot-h7z-Xy22TTxvZrKiThjYxjq1oIjWl0pvtqZi7hvDjA_E7AjxX6P4GluHVV9jIVTPl-wLHX9BtmEg5n_I9FEI7P-frj1yUWf49JL4Z9d6s23bvuVX8n8ytb2hvcrQVYoDc_oXMd08K_iAAoUMbcOv1aI9rkjOWyxAnTfy8z8ZBDkGWYEsVWiT2srWt1nA33hyDugdyoRHS5y1KT-8yRkqnz5u_Uz1vcxPwQ2soewmkF6KoY-AsWQ7RWN94IUzBMZMHXReh6EdCSmT9pIexyupCirQ51rvdLqUvPM4heYcM_ZALqQfdEO2Zl3d29gDluCp5S_qnUJdagrH9Z2RqLXCgeo5f4WAVjYtUt2dwJie3bB5b_mXoKt3FcAcX4Y=w509-h773-no

Not sure what was in that BBQ sauce. Anyway, we saw giraffes and elephants and animatronic sleeping lions. I know this because those are the photos I have in my album.

JCsH1x__8oLJJ80b9Sn6dWwzr8Okiv2sDzjKUbmPA_0OSE1Lwk3qwV5exY4T01HyyNKqO97QlrGQn7wVhAQu3gDkmrYcwln45-b7LAArEykPNQM6-3jk6AdtE6e8EhqxE7-8uPscNP_gD_H2h8IWHWiJzp1whmR51ZOD4R_-IxxtI1sFmUkTzQCwpoDObjHfO306Pj_IjNV_hdMr_DBynZNCPaKkWAz4uS4TASM6irg7z3wb2WHY2M6KCQVa1H47gspXlot12rlL-46FQusT52LD0NPwkrjRR09c_vPttpnkeY_4-cUU9rm6zVqwjnvj5lo4vnlrQL1vKCKeg2t7CX-7v5pZVYdAQQVF7ILbVkEEtRMZphSUNB7JXexoBpZAt_BBfhWx8wzV5x4fTm8yFJT0bFlx8bZi0Y4RW2tkkrR7qZo0FxIoGYtYYh-G4x_1ymYca9kSAnpdT03UYqDYl4IqfHX_2vx41AoND0_CRBlts_ZR3qiAJsNOt4Ng_rBVqFlYdoeTUvmh-7ZaXBijbccXXLu7hE5acyx_-Y-F5r8mqlP3dvvBW-CbpCSVr_OA3B9jJRWzQCrjUbVVef0IkkPWkTVNelEVwUBfR8bvh6EHckX1q4bAOw0tMBThfCxczS168zpslEFAbRzHzv1Mdwdhlms9CTDm=w580-h773-no

rfWxQxrz-Ok_dq7yjYLgfr-KEWXpVt9rkfDqCWeV9XuGCiwt4Z0lHqm9Dx4zjA2VHw81L81eEPAFInKG2GBgcw2JQ4e46_766RfY5TL7zQ-GpOPPqb_B4Hwd8TeNfzJUw2SvV3wlKS0dcBECv-1OZNl2EWazKJpEIsImZXmGZk_DtXLRrUrql-Rqx4tMvwY9gUAljkV4vP1doBzSfyegSiZ-GID4np8VvOLH2aNJFusooeOf63-BEtPipvYxYj26BGQhV4c0d_QOoY5fW31-pp3aYUyP_CT2yJ_zs2hQFhHjHwHl_Eactqq9n_BbzdkfRSaladiQa8w9Iz-rhSVDPpwp30SV9w_MJBxvcWU33LnZiw47Nr1AbP-zhaQgx_ut_ZRvbSxphjzu4XxzMmXDQ2bODKv_z2Ro7T9SnIIlcz66Rxc-oA3XoB2t5NHsDphGyvWnN734h7S-pk4yQnQpbPLn5B5x79WYWushBOz6vgRlFTLPXFbtxnI9jWA7a-FUqm-kLZ99hta4_FPazLlt4WiwsZa-Dkd8tKlfNcXAFQleS7-8sQl38zUfgh31UW9Ib-Oiogg3v64QByVWJ7CQnzl2ICe1vYb6iR2O3c8rlbewFHLmVhwWg0uK_sCDxq8HsjeWjPhbc0a1oVyZDzDFjM77qURrFKlC=w1031-h773-no

MV0MdrmyRPvdpcEyTagu20dCu48YZDRwvu88ZRUu0u7r2TMRZ7h2lQujoebxL2UKpM8r9S8QjaKQMLI97ybcRA-JEMAU_4rUQPxEUqjBJi2CIb2Gaq2KCWYr7s4rayN5ED1VV6bd0NyPcbTJtq1xiWbckjlbJplXXqfBlwOnmfAESQ_CcUTciXUAI0tJqIdoXTs60rFxZwd3eeEsEhmUW1Nd-4DIJowihZ4CADciJEQcYNufmRTQt4XzonUkbij5Xcu7iT_T_zWIGHQoC87zefXIqB_3AI5tdCEb7v6jmJSe8fQvx2TBj69ku5Gs9II49jxJKGaPk6bhGAfVHfFTI30LJKcyKMWwS-L16Fs7YxMFpTu3bNvzvq39p6Uk1L_xF3ToGjsVxx9fPSdTa-ek4motRBWaUrkWtzP1QtAwtodcMdy8OLxjFbGRvilsxFCm3XNq0ARuVZk7z-NExEGKg3r9gp6IHVzLKql9RJmsmMMly7NiCRgvlEkB1-r23VkA3c64tz4c_XRpKUOW1ALiVusX8UwmcJ5iDXeyHkONlkYeUn-ksXgD-3A3LFv87IY2f35b16hSMNVDIaqjwmF72oYBY3fweDxJ3BtHMuIE7KHngAoapPX_yn3N-_l5MsuQUaah0U7QBLPHs9rVy8VoeWP53mPvZ3Tg=w1031-h773-no

Just as we were finishing the ride, the skies opened up with yet another 2:00 p.m. Florida Shower. Yes, after three days of jumping the gun, I can only conclude that the daily 4:00 p.m. Florida Shower is now the daily 2:00 p.m. Florida Shower. I blame global warming, or climate change, or whatever they’re calling it these days.

Anyway, we were told by the driver that we were not allowed to stay on the truck—we had to disembark. Then he proceeded to tell us that we weren’t allowed to hang out under the cover of the unloading dock, either. Basically, we were screwed. Have a magical day!

Well, while we didn’t exactly stand still under the roof, we didn’t exactly hightail it out of there, either. Moving at approximately 3 inches per hour (7.62 cm/hour for you non-U.S. residents who use a sane measuring system), which coincidentally is the same speed by which we would leave our hotel room at the end of the week when checking out, we left the protection of the dock cover just as the brief shower was starting to let up. Thankfully, we didn’t get soaked.

Our bag wasn’t so fortunate. It was hanging on the back of our stroller, and we had left a poncho draped over it, but it had somehow shifted when the CM parked it and thus our belongings were drenched.

We wandered the gorilla trail a bit and then my brother and SIL decided to head back to let their kids nap after a grand total of 2 rides on the day. My eye started twitching a bit but I said nothing.

The big kids (especially Dave) were begging to go on Kali River Rapids. But the app had the wait time listed at 45 minutes, and I wasn’t keen on waiting that long for it. So we decided to split up—the big kids would ride the rapids, and Julie and I (with my parents) would take Drew to see the Lion King show.

S5VvHiuXefZeo9JHEgjQB1c-6wHrfgLIGfzY2Yy_nzChtg07YYIQj7M0UayDUL_NT5iSCfxjQreXPjlUuTY8ObRUugJtPIAjdjgNqC0BITbNXxa6dug4cDIgFf10SB9XT0y1svMz_paunpYs_02bgPqfnCF-SUQBtOgo7d8Aq5TAesKOcrLBN0zYK2S0FQ3N0walRfuCdhvY272siFzlPxEs3rCRwJrTZAmS7WcP9fBjwwA7CcyfMGOjNRdoTmUJSOcMrxcrFkRpCAQV9mL4x4nq1Od7Q4BfbduaRsKdu8AUkuapwED47ALfb4KgAgnsvckOdmTCJAybFk8c3_J_5I0bqpqw-vd3b-XqquMrv8VaJTpxOj2LVK3tgMvw4pmBZ3Fnra6pQ_gv73yBKPPJ1HGwiClwB9TlyRk09IyTslRCvaASe51lDAb2kdZm_h2GYm5kAY8D-k2B9-wAZrn3Uz_2k5PrzUF63oflUNwOdfOfGmQekrKjuo0cGke3WwUXwLdq1p6-a9Iky7ExCIBb64QfGWKQpljDoWGkR_VJxnTlRU8VJHXnASmRE3YB4ckDczy7d5bOnw6cUKA7Ruf4LnaReIs8wqZ9JvI4KvhLzyi638XysZdS8lcRdE2397zSuTDQMkpyaXCfxoaW78fTpU0bbdg__Mn0=w1031-h773-no

Festival of the Lion King is one of the better shows in WDW, in my opinion. Lots of good CM talent on display. Drew seemed to have a really good time with it, so I think it was a good call to take him there instead of waiting in line for the rapids. My favorite part, of course, is the fire-dancer. Because pyrotechnics.

qqg_hj_GwJ8jj6iqWd5KPnhdArckkZa53ESyKgAoK4dmaq3jTzpPYp_YoPSfkXalB0Z5PkzeStciu6DQ2lIDepuD8Nyazz0_aj8EKm5zojpNVQAK6L2aUP__1hT3wPfut2u9J1zpbzrpKlQlWLW13LmXTW7-33c8YKmVW5j0UxEl8pxCfakHcgiqvTsjN0NyGyuju31Tnya8Nns8p1e0_oQT5dsGwDjItfdcQDrx7QJdvIjEvfRQFKy6MK7M7FuYgPd3Guq3x782m0ntq_XQWCApnCIPdd4eB8-Wg7SyvxvGjXinXL1V6Al6AFcrDm-stuUogX16BK7M4B_dlCKCDBHnH-Q0yDsjrCO2AyzmknaYZsrRC-q-azEeuIX0klk9uXQbMtWGce5Id4vP9f0RWzFEWhvkB-Yo4N1qOmmK_TcYy2PxgeFtcHcNX-fTOmpYNRtTaZm5NY5yuv8PKra2jsnIAkV256xLK4Me7vxhsNaXy3pJ5VnAxOV1PXxugWNwyQIhwNLmHRCjZv-5RIT_3XWwV8GwNvrBbH0rNVXJkxyT-IceXZomEib4WiT2Kvy14U8QXYhUxpLBoKQUiT71vnEKz1uoQssjiyDCGopCbQ_ilXMFaPOJBlIy7DbtHjK_5zEyCOLo3a1BjWc_r78gJ5iz7sjMeoSR=w1031-h773-no

When we exited the show, the sun and heat were back. We checked in with the kids and got a text that the wait was even longer now…the ride had shut down. For now, the big kids were waiting it out, so we decided this would be a particularly good time for Dole Whips.

Note: It’s always a good time for Dole Whips.

My dad was able to help me find a little connection to Delaware here. I’ve been going to the same barber shop in Dover, DE for decades now—ever since I was a kid. It’s a place called Michael’s Hair Care. Michael is the owner, and has been there since I started visiting. He cut my hair for several years and then brought on an assistant named Red, who has a mullet and yet I still entrust him to make me look presentable.

Hmm, maybe that’s been my problem all this time.

As an aside, Red is the nicest guy, and knows all of his customers by name. He also never fails to finish his work on my hair by saying, “Well…she might let you use the front door for a little while now.”

Anyway, back to Michael—he now has two sons who both work for Disney. I don’t know their exact jobs, but I believe one works with a lot of their costumes and the other is in graphic design for Imagineering. He left a little tribute to his father as part of the theming in Africa.

q91wco2Uw_UiH_slOwS5bkV1mBFSUGFrf3ky2ov8CtWGOXw0Ypwe5CxJB70Ko4zCplzrVMY-xY9vksyelEytJZzrKgWInqSlYtZfNvgh_hpxc7ULILyZam9-_ysT3wrsXRniGp--V3zMbPb9dVV-b_h6ZVyq1fRl6lIg7bnYaNcOAiB8j6SzzILKQqZMSWy4O9YbCa6aTe8YIa2VUjWkn9wznlPFbGPwPxvmD3vBgmNpfJK0KAHHZ1JRGVDNViN_48awilRdMgL0BoV24wkYIOi33AuGp-BFFPyqvJOkyiCWA1z0Zy4itMdB6bFyWJfkCStbBKcfam1pEkB7hVqOuIo695i5RUPq74AP8xxVBa6M_UL22O0pnvW8hoaaVj6Rxv6yEPrgvJZEWg33xpxPuHozBI4k9UcFV10mij4ZujVcqWKPVpwfDWVigeAXXIkBbjhXvPkPX2-xqxtfcbgsx08Mv_64cmgJKwqs1kXYKFnUUeiDrl4wLS25Tdoqpyj822lfFe0QMTnfZwpPhS78zuq97tvrZTvLtinGWpz92vMF8dUfortvkmLBjwTdMibJAa37T1ikusR0wxxRl7jXPFKarNsNj4PYqIU9-3WB-IkOJF4Bup8cO_WeZhg8BrCJOV6pVJ6HrBgaTJf3LdCcLlvqTAUUdp7l=w1031-h773-no

K1sirN2zCHMhi_Zp38ccXW6uZ1teQpnOphV_THs0lbbLZ2v5jzE4FP0UmxIqIT75Fs6liPfj8va4L0eR1zTrE-_910KGMJBvNJCOoRnGA12e1wDZi1QnWq3h-Vfkpv0BmYatDBFvcKSzLhyIBx9l7ny35P-apm5lvrw0FYgFnoDezaDDIKy-evprU7r0PgUA3SsmKWVxxp4F8tK5V4gRUqI95lJfQNd8Ms8kdXbsvu5YgCZe8Bd6HTJYjppoeBy2cejdaaSID-E_fWRySHWDXU_6RA4CBUHKAdNhEnkRrPCt9cxy3Qm-MmJnKS6kyFkSnIDk9C-lDCO3WpCrHLkn7i2OFy38CFOa63fa_MpRpH5bHa0MYASyycc1dTCcvgC8TMg-ib-2yA6K4LYnG_g8Uzroc1ogrYxGERIfXBZluTrmm51TQYB3mPlBSx5io-5ckd6jUu2A6p7tSYJGoWX2Ca7dHLysFPWhLb88uzEatiX6F3X_C6mfVtDnhySf48bFwQJnUHlDqWKODrVQqOQ9JxxzqEagcyLTRSohXlFTgH1vCeRuaQYn3RIj6Q3lDQDfLYyWhrwgmAKSxfqEBm2wA3JVfXgIzJLWIuK1m54BXlF8HaGIWGuooxpOJb3dxpAdDzCheEvARLJ6Ui8PNfGOPe70KSm_IfhK=w1031-h773-no

It’s right here at Tamu Tamu refreshments. I believe there’s another mural on a wall near the Lion King show building with a reference to “Barber Michael” but I didn’t find it on this particular trip.

Instead of a Dole Whip, Drew got his very first Mickey bar.

ebocu1qJhvKQng06pCYGFBJSIktjPzwLP-uoKLL61XjoSwgQRea8nMCq6TkQ6uj3MhkN3Dz-LMGFMPy3s99WEY1jlnZLGqpDpINrEmU4P-GIYN_No29sRUpqSll2si6EVHXCpxSnhtYcDremcjBOpojNSmR3Yzao1DUWukIhfARXMcDg240jGnx5_i_tZuKAgy3Hk7Wc-Xo5ue-9UMtF0xZMk9OYVihiQM43BbVdTDKSE_I3xKT0rpm-mt5mTszFVOtc9K57xFycn4sCupMCCfGAH521kIjgKeiVG4wObqStTaU-3sb6_kS_D6c3Clhi-eoXbwt1cZ0PY5be-KjBbtBPj0vNiSMhvA9YqVLUP9OlusyGOLe4ZZhFA0Hcjor03DeW3JDwA5AEovKZddLgYF8-pmBFrPNozoAvA3wYAY7-M-ZZQWC420zATMf4uR04RxfIOY9UkUotFnxDCRl2dDJ3N6WqhspbKwZgQU7CNC6jmMODbuw5S3oZTCESa4wYqD-58hxJu0uqZcRQcPcivjWChuhVpN9baJYsg_T95KwGkaNz5OVD5tZYtvxN-El18llWv6dYN91eBL3twx-pcDqQBbvKX5ei1HrvEmmDwOHw4FXlx3YY3Yt69IB9yQdtHKfjlZS2FnpfF6BkwcHa1nfFXjJVVrVA=w580-h773-no

It’s safe to say this was a hit, too.

08_Pi5nk2eo-9t75cmg58NBmGs3JXmoYVL7zEoNf-MUOIbK0qSPWfvMvkv2eVqvfhCtdmnq3UrvJqVvKvEUOjenzFO74mv03rjkUw2s7ntMftizcH1kOULSs0Cwjkv7TIMr_8L4QlD9XK9i98os8OHI0IqJf78oeWWTSfILz2XJe_VcfEgO8REhDrGWythaBp1Xng3QTxUK7eysz2ezeQJXRgZylCZfL4CvcvQD3O6c8F9_jEHaPJhm33kkuCvBtE__H030avB92jvsElRz3IPuCAwiXT6hcT3YH20LLmEd__jHPGnFv0z6a55yvLr9gzrUNVEhEezpC0ZsCNpifuzRAg_Tq0QA3gEni25XSlw-sNJxdwf5VeGSbAKVqftPIja5_x_EP-H2Dgi0GRgEM0AGayPTVDsSiEbCG7JjpPV-ceb_WAvUSdqNNAJIawHXimk1pYWoB4RuPpt9B-d6my074HoTWiQlWIp7ZehKkDXu2pMA67giahbdApLvaPDe4tm9k8whmNmyG6G6QveOKWZoviy4IhdZ46qWSgnr-OW8MMt-hz7_-IxmsHG_sXDOzrG_ihkHDZU-Ewzj216k0JV36hZtjl0P2Op2n-YP78DeYm9uZU_BOABzyPVdrS0VgCZenX3fAq6Z4DNdUgofBOrAsoCTMHS-7=w580-h773-no

The kids were now having the serious “Do we bail?” conversation as they waited in the heat. In the end, they decided to gut it out, since the rapids are one of David’s favorite rides. We killed time in the gift shops while they finally rode the rapids. After they were done, Dave turned to the other two and said, “It wasn’t worth the wait.”

We met up once more and began to head out of the park. We had an early dinner reservation at Boma. The plan was to catch the resort bus, go eat dinner, and then ride the bus back to AK for the evening.

On the way out, I took a photo of one of my favorite views in all of the parks. I just wish we’d had the good camera, because zooming in on a phone just doesn’t work as well.

IRWfUGnjg8uwqBaINrapcSLeSChBIqOUvjIlvdis4mBQuJDvn2Q1ncF7R-S7Hpd2tual3-zDu_hq1Xx2yMBh9YBCr_NIlNiLIHmcISYShDD94LoMDddFfEb3Xxi0CJDmt_umvL-HXU9ZN_uZZsVY8N4U8PAgxq1tvm88cqx9i_-7oILUpKm9oOkYQTsDKTK_thqA3U0PcVMReM-7yQwP2bwQ_D9wt-wqPvES6PMCWzzkm0FH-dgYcYsq28qowq9T6SGDUK2Aw10yI1A8YoH3aPfcrhyWXv_ungnoaY4zF-nbCntDk1xxctLAXQdT69AP6VxhRx4678zl0seIUkwS9mSM--7PfS_b1h3f5sw_9TaOP2B0JCzWfyuFOh4rqdr0ViUu-sO4nbgPbUfdQJ_FZLsbw3bmKAvjzUyKpjNJF4mcZvSdnqlTqub50bc5PlyWa4qtqxlSpYyqvDqz9Tne5z4TUdMw7WYVnOBYsoDvVNPASg41yfMQZYCzyAaoz8YwULaqBY64GADwPHjrA_DWbJ2EbEuohzC2R9dTRsQ0dfIA08hKDlnKTeTHFWGCb1-azbumssPAHlCUGHK3VeR90rVIb9P0Z1YMQQK8UuPuboFauiRW_8cq5QaYrMvH4lUlQi8DlNUubCXARgGD4f2V3a3FF75ZDID0=w1031-h773-no

We had no issues with the bus ride over to AKL. Depending on what mood I’m in, my favorite resort at WDW is either the Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Both were designed by the same architect (Peter Dominick), and both have that same jaw-dropping grandeur in the main lobby. They’re both spectacular buildings. We were fortunate enough to stay here for a few days back in 2012, and it was our favorite stay on property. Having the animals outside, just off our balcony, was magical.

jBgkxIHLHuP3M4p_yzp8gbYuxp8MUiOrhFJS2vyIsRFPORdCBoiYNsmZriURN79gRDZrXuCV3GW0RwG9yjlWO27SDPa9AL4CM0ZtbCJ1eR2exeK8awsdfu-8xY-oxCoGqpJqMm9TtSwRXvGABLzgtpTK5RVe477zaTX36hOE2dYSSYLnWQMgu2BAWvpn85T1xTtV74HTvqVYO-LsFPjtatrk8_3djN-bB3pNiHwUtHI9HlZO2gpGqUoFJV3A4gjs_NJvcphdgzBOYbV80l85JoCGg2rYsXzSsbYpdfFx2DgkNVthYN3Xz5vrDmU0qQN4AFULRHluxRNeypNjKmLBvIT2T1RM6zXXXV3sxdJ-hoT3fR5VEPu14xI3qVECaEytQgayuNeHY1lJV69J4UUmPoZsYnLswxNlhPwjkIA1lYKwyVHZEMeDPa06qMZ-qYmirTrna9yZEoelQe-Dm6742S_zkHBOPUPHrGB6Nqq4vDmPM2oEGRuK-EC3a-BIMd2q2STKejFXyLC2689m8wuo1jXEIWHhqDQ-AshpI43WUbuMOnYgW0hCC2mtn_7ihYFXQ7Y8fZlH7uATD5sTxgNu8YDfvpz5LKw1XwlnDBs8AKRJre7ktua_TAM-GUFyuCDbZ_ROyCKp2YfPmOS9ZGHWiZGp1TmVJC-U=w1031-h773-no

Julie and I had eaten at Boma in 2015 when we’d had an adults-only weekend getaway to Disney World. We’d loved it right away and wanted the rest of the kids to try it out. My parents had never been here before, either. In fact, I think it was their first time at AKL. I decided to return the favor they’d given us at Chef Mickey’s by springing for the check here. It seemed only fair.

lpxSzsS5io41ULdLEf3wZ18MvKVCWxTuiW5jdK30uOkNmYadyyxSgIfr8fx0vfVOtiCdvxqW3aIMF8DHI2bU2HJ6rKSfST6436pftoSXbcY_VIUemTwOBBixFObABG81q7pSpYY1VzLn6iV_bk2YLNgM8tNYgrlFpDL8A9P_pEL1C1TSHialvncVPsPArb21IGAqkrldQxkhcPY9z-pnBNKQ4dqz7RO2BoS-FrZvwntHW2WNHRbTijqpHXNf7IjbMEoX5N8YB1YoYcuazPByDBAGhkeicURChity9z1E1L9n3xah2Z1NoIm0_gxZDT9hZApHIYDuzauoYmd0QPz-bx98nBax3E_ZCBdyNS3bmKj52was1Z6bRAd0uukRRwz3Cc3kndzZkpzAySAwzhhjdQZftSvUcbCJtpGeCkrtNOQJ2QuniOn8382We4oXXKTTuSnAgEBvXwlPqaMwLcmSFKCj3c5_cL0_2DWJdEdzhsNPNHynscd4f8s9sZXH8B9-4MuQ_nOuEaLce9ncVW5FBg8j4M_vzfSAueYz2tqvGD-uzOqFKRPAezXHQuxL4fSq7ME1iOvKYlDSA-ApYYOUxNx-4-EQYNS7xrtlavkN6ptcZCTcnRFOaaOAA6a4JyCAUz1ZsMu65FZnacIosJSxAEs9YUMhfN84=w1031-h773-no

Once again, I have failed with the food photos. I just wanted to eat.

I think it’s safe to say that Boma is one of our favorite restaurants on property. There’s just enough “exotic” foods here to make you feel like you’re being adventurous, but it’s also Americanized enough that it doesn’t shock our palates. Also, I can park myself right next to the African-spiced beef strip loin carving table and eat to my heart’s content.

The soups are always a big draw here and we all were surprised by how much we liked the carrot soup. The grape soup, on the other hand, will get a hard pass next time. But most of the food here is really good. Especially that beef strip loin.

I do, however, think zebra domes are overrated.

ENtPwAJet-WsF1UFDNjs0VLQ9BLznSDRsP2jC7zUbh9DfSBfo0obfW30dDbHcO3k9qRHrI2kFCybxBXY2FnRFumOEW_1oayaoADD9f7IrPe-i28nTS25xfsU5PNSGvxkiGmdg5a72HGcZIRjHAHyCnFS4ziZxr4wi0vE3B_7r0Aa-nZ2XfsO0168IotzdFlavZWu3M5WOgs6_gBvThGyPgpwUvnLqPdJ52O8Nv0P8ATmwhfZmg-An42vCIM6thJDJRjAX9DZeLUNdvIMEynnQvAIsEMi9k99YYN7-9K_0XxjfOpDwH4rSe_GYiO2UIjIvqMu91vyekIlfUN-nOHcAhlgtVkkyPbveVz-FpwGJuqGcBxdy1mmwkLe0blv4eVIiKYGY0pI1LvGqFl--wjHVxwuswM2LA1F8OgkMvGDESGQ3iqR_0KVFiSQDA25qOF6QB1MsP1OwwUDLpIaA0Dsd3KO2DLm0347sNe_71DuicAm_6RVy9wWE72BF_JEdBM91ou4yeEW1hO8J30K2dNnPCA9-UMYbTr99wHgGL7JOzF9Q5umOWav42Fz9BXhKhMVvbNBLRN-5YK3Ifl_XqjrX7G0sK_FrFmJ070HyYiw6yhFSx_b_LRc1wl0Pu9ABKoQZZaelZGXSPJ1qoW0k0ODdBr0TL0b_PRE=w1031-h773-no

Let’s just go ahead and give out another Homer award.

Pqnb_Zvd8p_JKPjbdHDv0juV9pziEEZH5a6bOOfJ2v8GFRTl56lNQ1QVtx40X8hGglpQl6HfgDmoUF_-vTGKvgf4suaeS2RCnrDUHusaPINqVFedDow7G1SoK0lEj8brPrKMr46bZZSQgAzA4FxHBfX1wgAASgRBGd73tAWkBNuZwoBbIJc7jNmfDTA_eNJ6sFEmMlRoJjR23XdVGIPrYsMgHKWN_BcL_nXhU59irsdnEI3O-O0T6IFh_1ru6wE_6ae6NQKspV3RBA7r60CdWEo8haUlh74jhcQeZzCVF584m6S4AZx0rFx5mefQ2pcHZx00rnqwCR8Ak6H_40fh-KpuIW55lwKJ0ktj4gfKAvDixBrXT1p15j3UJTXSPweKO-ZUprM1BYIKB33RN2zZouGV-bIJ-InwcZ92rNIVyMy2PF0VVRKxMvErEPuc5w7oxR_0fG41KwagaNifQUcpBhuzOJbVLt2dIdjhBeZJI-Su0tyKCXuSM-bUT1TdMxZXAlCcVRYyEm7A28M1p8r3Nf1RRVenSqVc5UrpDlzwufSYFhX6pwQdA3uIjJ8SFnduaOHq1J8a3NeyuYoF1Jal2xDRF6IPKpi3BxHJhLE3PD4uohu17mEiXU1qIjplBuvXAMJUjBfZRbN66Qf-J0p1JLpxMd_YAcc=w279-h320-no

We all ate way too much food (because hey, buffet) but managed to roll ourselves down to the bus stop. We rode a bus back to AK and stopped for a family photo by the Tree of Life, since we hadn’t done that yet. They turned out pretty well, except for Drew. I don’t know what he was doing. Looks like he doesn’t, either.

zczZFSaM023Ym-z6kxjEeAiqj8DJS45LejFRO9e7trrRzg_gtNIQL600pfsTyus8NEK7MOWNeYrILANkqv-HtxylYXqRHzUujB8mlMBAu1u4Sm_ai67hrXd6s6sFjSosPbtyDM4bcV8KTZj-v_ORVIbmyVrq6g5pjHs9mlZIkRs8n95DXWUbiNkaSG1KMUB2lzmJdmShGdw1AYLAhgx6xf7OnDqVUDXi2sEveOlEeuYGuir9VL4MWTiE03DpmuDzuxH37P2MtoJnxKyfmBvTg5z8-A7Tn8zXSQm9zT1Qu18MVTxQ_rR94ZrnnC6soVPLxsfUl1vNafD8tJO7Bu5FvXbW0ZFO3zMzQYb2Xhf_SqcVlVev4KdG35-zAsvkcX5PItlOG3Ul54MDuvh6yq_2YQVr3KSDdTQwB_rLIpZR-RtJ3nUcZVwnzFVrjJfRzskXG6s1zBlwFlhx4_wo_qfJFrdNhB34HQxTXHuSrwiw_V0QanrF78lIW3C97nCd4fKnLjTi-BiBKybH2NzAlPfsiPQvv6Mnz-HIFR3764RceyNi38X-ppkI0b9Ds__NuHUIIaWz1BEPNvqTmTZknPQ_UouOki6qdnoTp8rMF9-0pFMooUrmCzyclBZnEimnpkQiWPBbQcmwkqOZcVErH9sh0ymTDFWwLyZz=w516-h773-no

_cUexCGx2NJGJAz4MkbDSCzXoXQKlO7wYTs2GgzvYR46o3O1R5NLZ3Z4MaihC1Nbm7ozqX_rD5BE3bm8p8m8bEZqQYIcTgAm4MdAc-bchhBT-XevTqbC9L06RHr1cBfcC3hT2UMEJPH9so5vkegAB-0aXhI3jwOq5cNFAeRw2WdR6fC27bosOuTKMnwXOBxqMzY0b_YokVvmloVnUUljVdK1NBs7tTx4GUpQ--6DybHjmDIwjo-FtbiG-5wMJOPhgYv0Ahzg3b4i6Ryc7Ggk3LieKu8R_cJEfxiJURk-dm-AdqID880OPmE2WBeXQkTjmvGL-PySQUA1L5Tw93vqpacIMhbjT42w1-0ws7L4_tbL0IG5kVdnfvKp91wxEAdJ4E3K6ZdcxBhQXv4UGMnZNV3wEH0PqKmS6p1xmbseYxujebRQZHnM_-5-iRfKqIb8o_NcdZFB0055GvtOjAi_bCtzqsT7zgqddKcRG7a9Xbvb7mAbWsgwJXfCZDZQ_5pIzKfYswgVj_45mhiSmhAhJfVmol8dkngAcTVc5IfBAqBkbXUt38xuE7F4TAqDPfNKhUdtzyIyS8oormulXC-qzeXNIG4toTkwqIYkcJB4Loz2F83ic4rsRD2gUhyIeXUrg-JoOU8D7fk360P79KuKv6DEtZNrncZP=w1160-h773-no

Ipw-ozExGpgePxNwHCryfYXDTxKg5oiyg3Twnd7B-uMbJ_1zHRhexT7ELAvUPkiDHdNL2jD5GOskoGPPs44wnVRkcvWdJ7YzM4miAz0xTk9Ms2nH1qsFL6sQd81vxlqG6DsHNP8PcqzQ5nF3qHQpycb4X5gQQZ7Ug0yNVH3Igr5mL853nPEP7zaiu4twzORSRyl_j0iDZjTYG34Wa-zSyfC6kg88FPuXEU44BjyVvRA7oFBVS2XFsjCQfRuT5heLZfDvU12IuRRjNLa67xmAxkqzbhfPZJKspElfMrgcxseEbDE4oErIBo9_p_F8sDGB3EuMEF1qYk-zCETSiptcL0K86RUfohwAZnuA8c87R1HjJZiVDUSpeHYP-Oh2f5sYDKSn_lxrlTJgDpRfzLmQ8mqOORjJtU6Fief8aSJF038l9Tg0rNgr2voFSVzOxVWnSyNlh-9CBU9O_3XxL_6YHtcFLaPEZA3bUIkrLQX2KcWjSDlfHy4Yr7Agq16NLAUPsrCRqS2Sk_8a6VM220TuHmrItBMLCg8DzjcS0XrAGvs9XtT4iLj8PDBBdgLN-I9zzoJzbWz2Xt3khJgXKTsYE7teFn7ibLK58zAV2LAZVgd208LhUsMRkofyZoYUQ0tuJbXTlWsfQTgcZ4yvngzitfH22PAY7Z-c=w1160-h773-no

We walked back over to Pandora because Sarah wanted to check out the gift shop there. She hadn’t had much chance to see it, what with having to ride Flight of Passage twice. Poor kid. We all really felt for her. I wish I had my violin.

Anyway, we could still enjoy the scenery and the wildlife.

8SxD5HDTwZBtP_wrisX6ot5figluGodutReu_VZx8xGvdRju79MkF_FDH5591QgTiPCDZOg5xWi-egKpMJK6rqt39dWF2n4CVXd7ThsBZUxQeGHc0zFEkOOkpKA9kQgiY0C-4ynrAIdgbiqIF7HFuz4LhJl_zar__1lRYzYYfQ-d2m8Tw0mIxsWbloHz8vypaIAlOr73aEsDjA5msk4w0z-6dTgVh0h2WiqP8t0FZHIT7-sryPlanjeQmEDIc4CExwyV91upyu-aA2RHjHH12JHaugpR33f4Aa8UaT9NDrKJtAfcOPyUDSIASCk4H9ut7dm8-Kw1DAVBp2EUvoBelnus_ZXi8fhe2pfRKXKp-efy88KWeuzv4vBI3u4G9XQV7aWJmimqxqoJUEUc9v_z8OJQYVtHOtrXkw8vd8lmwWwHqG_hZZuCnzTQjXJCuC39cAomwjIy0plA7If1a8t9jxt72LQaiNFEXgjcUl0wOH5NRvQe0as3Ctg6p-zgqXW6F_XsDr6nKXZQWdy59zZyIzpqkcPZ-f80ywUrYbErMPpRBScVwAILQ7qweIbj3OLtPCxyBDOk4XYC4zjePyslyd151W3CiW5tPOnxulW_ikeIXBcvZhoSsMI6e9IXra7u1WgfYoUesEMyragnLX5_imBlDZnE36sP=w516-h773-no

Bq7X7FDCxmb9rqfBoZ0WSyTDRWWOExEprxsX329lBjByLkfFhVNHlg5DSYCTRG469fj-2jXLZQi8UbJjy1YqXMVG6fA7AEYXj3jLz7szCTkLiS33aCCf7XSXeM7SgtOzNBzKzsP4ggIw6zvVoOeKyi6mpg98JHBWLlFG9u9X8gEyy9tkxYUeNLGBh3lPHp8sWbfs8y8iOaN3yHVF7rMts-BhPahXzV_qOCzf8mt9JQbBapLjZ0jvDM0UG3ou0i6MxpzjANg94qOCOteMDUp98ssS6q7nHTnZlzQtm8BPNrzAbX8ZwQFUaNmXUVy3DUBi8Rn_yGaonvC8oVcHFOxZMB7YijwTd-FUwU8U1k5ZdfHFkGzueBTwAt2edv3c4wmXl7vZckStRqHzdp972KfGVnkntBtmXS4lduetKclqMuB384OHBgg5aUJAnk-bz6iPflaaKzhXL-KxYbyCEDuLJo-MBoLydBNb37hCW5uq1-2zcJDvcoj0Rij3M50Mn5kn7SIPwtQWdOhNjw5uYxWClMQdgEBgMdlcojqWTc6OUoDVHaSL-An_ynJsoYWnhpdCW8io3jJBkuhkeldEGSZRj4tgVNYKlEPJZ3yyEvawAOK6HccEmEgPc6dbDa-uJ1aMnjXqWuaHnvOcHd7MrwzG4zJi_27DAC_5=w516-h773-no

I took this shot because I just thought it looked pretty. Remember this one, we’ll come back in a moment.

ZmokbbyxqUHyQc4ltsmyJoHfhT1VsA_LZVOdeHraa5ZR722-XG3Szi4-DY8uI_i-MuGsFe6llLjAWMuOak3gW56g-KLROKGVwj8pLDK_hH5AxXcPfD7qKoG86x4q7ZHkZbWWiYdqvOqXC0aS2NFsWJ4fm6VAJ7q3ZI7Qy4_YnVVEeSSGvJ7CP2P8cACgWCyPrfebGBZNp5maA_qGltqHuYeMvKQIsZGgjwaihez7w8Y-r7gyty63m50ntZGJWi7RGnzjnDh0PUnEPaZ2Tg9tMvpdvgIsJClhxKnMWVjUnoW4LZHqiaKFo_8rX08kdWA4RWkTTMhmTIjuWokA5OLQ7hLeT_SW0fg6fkA26-FBW3pjlRYfqOuDFIj51xwVdLWLY9y5uL876Y20gbsMUvZIopYmcJxLoMdmRaIN9hBkk7zat9YSY6itvTItHoCmKNsWrf5xqm2qFUqsVZo7MwiRxsVewfb6aiCb0mlloKVpgj57vZ8AM5Z0euq4sVGbT6zBoAjCYYoVzIoBWHGrvrOtX-6P3L3grKT6N-A1X-rHlfGS1RN1PxwbCX4QG5h_55DhFS-QSg0ueBCkehDd_WuRrPRbn5_FbMws8NaPuCukCKNytHal4Kod2nWLr4hYPuI-Giu_x-a8-V_uZ_lRuforlqPyn3bQFE1-=w1031-h773-no

After our FastPasses were used up, I’d opened the app to see if I could make any more for FoP (ha! Get real) or EE (ha!). Seeing none, I grabbed some FP’s for Dinosaur, since this was the first time the big kids were actually willing to try it. As day turned to dusk (with more dark clouds overhead), we walked over to the Dinosaur area. Julie took Dave and Scotty to ride first while Sarah and I hung out with Drew. We could hear a few distant rumbles of thunder, but for now everything was clear.

At first, we thought we could take Drew on the Triceratops Spin (which is a completely different ride from Dumbo). But when we approached, there was no line. The cast members informed us that the ride was down due to “lightning in the area”. So that was a bummer.

We took Drew over to the Dig Site playground. We knew he’d like that. Sure enough, as soon as he laid eyes on it, he was ready to climb all over the place. We told him to go ahead, and he was off to the first ladder. He climbed up, disappeared around a corner…

…and then came walking back down the stairs.

“They said the playground is closed!” he exclaimed, and burst into tears.

Welp.

We were told that we could go use the sandbox area across the way—we just weren’t allowed to climb up high while there was “lightning in the area”. So we tried to content ourselves with the sandbox until Julie arrived with the boys.

Did they enjoy Dinosaur? It was a definite…”kind of”. I don’t think either one of them has ever been a fan of jump scares.

Sarah and I left to get in line. As we walked, I took a shot of one of my favorite little Imagineer in-jokes. These pipes run overhead in the room where you get loaded into the ride vehicles on Dinosaur.

VfJEWNyMVACFIeKW0oy4v5opfbkIslwKMW9S9SB4oOI_C7iwDiABx3NIVGzZu6azV6G3NbXO6qUNEUQAIkuJdHsldenn94nvc1MHpz49FQqNb57SJIf7wWxYhgFV7Sa06Oyw9_O4y0NtvtBnQR5RKiJavFBTt8K6XMN4Xs21d1zZ8fx_sW-kYag-tKr94eBnwPuvs89SwWHYesU66ZOB0Nn8xvJgxWLjmhthMqTwPO3PU6xmLkdXrD0nwHr_tGZEgAYxTZ87lMbZSuW_ZpmOjrLer-rFEhlgqRIsF6zMb17-6LMchjmnpkliwI7aryEpkI6IjSYlQqemHaPOe2x8sv8f7wr2-maeXlRKeCB6ZoHxf0x__SQDaB5QKN4THeHubDyUyCv7D_ZPDaYt1CNgNAyB5888qlXnAiVAlkZohQatoKaEdCpu_LcWUgqiICi_A7qgQ7aph5lB4vS6gFgnbH3eq-cvNUtqH84Lr_qSiK0xx0jv0fgEjKb8691DmDe2PeyOGz8c9pk1G1DnGqHl76vbVH_KHb8_O5ZiFd5im7QRX1y6N6TF5qpgmUlbph9RRpIn0OzsBxu-KRKfjx6Hjmyg76qCrLjEHrymK_W6mQNXGbMA2DlKSviQOJTuvLNd7esVTZuFPMHfQF07cazsevqXuKlsPQXv=w1031-h773-no

They look important, don’t they? Well, if you’ve never seen this one before, I’ll spoil it for you now: those are the chemical formulas for ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. One of the original sponsors of the rides was McDonald’s.

We had a good time on the ride. I think Dinosaur is fun for what it is, a room full of jump scares. I enjoy trying to figure out all of the misdirection stunts they’re throwing at you.

3PY7qZ25dkJQInrUiI7tBTE41oD53J2MFvSm11l3D_-gIC-06NpSLclTZ-Uxel-N_Xf_ZoAwbkjWkF6_sFSBanBhP2Nw34vwsrXwPxvJuSr-FfoBHMDHnsqF6PtEraml86coD50aoUg66Zgl-s1utJWNShXQ-m5cLSZK5OBP1E6FZie_AU8uQosdafE1YWwMgKJcJ9ar2JAGZK-v7xy1gl3b5SmiX8cMmHQTlk9MPLzla0SE5pU2b2emdV76KzGjZMnnnedkcgdVjdwTjDeOYMpIH6A-mYBZL7eDadxEjWp-43kO16aPYDGJwzsW7P2yhYdtjJd-l7dToAqjG9TzSZKy5beZSFUGB7biAiG29yo8Y8G4Uw7rMip63uvQLXZAc4daKKfplAqAt2gNppR21-qdZBcM4ku5ClcqHkmLrpQM8jZiwZzil56WWLsxO6K8M4WFp7h-lg4WcarUevBFROmyISYidu3RUk2RNyuH-G2TB3gats_Wvh_aYkHXhawZK9l-zYbmQP_uxj_wafGMHUDT2EGZnmQCAZF1GC9FI_T3hJDdnp_dMfzJyQTUwFJGE_HUtxEgZgYJeO5yfD7sEUzgP4nJVmyca85N_1I8JyH8wkwukdpO1ehjhuK8s4ulKGqGLRSQkb3m2xrLE8aEJosUimF22Am6=w1160-h773-no

When we got back, they had opened up the playground again, and Drew was in his glory. Yes, it was getting dark and late, and he was exhausted and needed to go to bed.

But we let him play. He was at Disney World, and having a blast. That doesn’t happen every day.

cTcEhRDm_5EQrqvD_CoxpWp6W674FlbnZ793zExpv_gQzeF1SCFYDCIiATFk4ospOUYIKML3sHhpq51j1lYJtSbHqadqLaEYpt4uFCWSizHdJe19ofmqB53vWKdqaRHRgGXVPh5_3KrKW-E0s4GElek0VXa9WSBJTG_ErL6FaNbmzvNfGOTioy_9B6JaHni5zEiemkURJuvX7H_puJPPJovZwFOnfd5BLZRo9bydDxe8yQm6Ke2OSfTnAxuExnu-E-u6MATHq7JQEjMtVZ2ecF8Dd9OKMUqa67bEKm9CbwYmnR2q5Wqe9sVApBrHxGSKdiL-rJwgIPQPnr2Hi5YCM-9G7n_YPaxbG3zEq6GxlOH0yqaj30a7nER1quY-h_oXdrnkpZPXwTw9Hz9E26F1RBKXtVmJ2X_YaIjeL4jejVDG8JUUhJH8moFBw_INzbuqDQ0QVZ12UtRLNOZ2Fy3VjcvOFosMJ_pK5MyE9md4kpIdCP4erfom2pth_SXnFS0FYLZAAYIGAVn5Bs8S-Z3Kaqflv4PTB-epZc_dQ14WaKP529njSNkoetO3ztWQWwNln_-65vkFJQYi9YVq59_aFZvYVvA10YOBsRqk9ZZPkQ5ejTTffYviSMwVsl2FZFfxDFPKaGyoUdmeAPctWqsBNnP9Z8_je_MR=w580-h773-no

WBC3BNGLBZ7EvkmuKqHA0PcaXWcC-csUh7cwt9G7VRXwz7NCdGMSXKSRerWgP41PsjI7A_s0iwDWwFOVq_MSMBhte_jt1-JNmxo8RbHmM7DwDvth38U3kpEf43VEB-fhsBv5BSe4-Hpymz7vCx5y0tCpNvXbFo_ReL2x8CV2PSKf8XMVc3BB1vpogYC_UVHztkUEs_-oZtl0nPV4-xna8yLffVHUTRtqPcQo-yRgqVSj6ci6kz6K5UvtQe-R7koH9-kVC1IZlGMH8sCSFFfGg_BczwCQBVOvZMEcLXV4ZjDEKJfXlDSUdf2FIqC6LsNuxiI_rdGtsX45-5vJRQanN0zGbhzJ5xMTbg01gtLNhXGN194MFXwUi0ng1uVLr_l0M1RxwIvPGQQYtJG0wP5m2udjRusGRBBTZg-H40cysdH9W-qtUGW5l6ElVhahuk4vRj0P8wRjgvz-rOgFEZz0kp1nyXQk4KqH6_QrNxD2Q2blnPUd0u8KiW96W_sTbwqb5wjEKHrJWEMOIfD-jZnIKv0b6_fiFtSuI99apTyLEaTysCph2vLepkbQOQ4-N-510ryT4ru55_-Z_o8asAQf_BSM3kGGCK2Yu_M1vQnjFGAlT7INNgaNWktQXGSQWBlD9qG3PSluzAAuzjJngr-L73oAkISYrf9z=w580-h773-no

He climbed every single ladder, slid down every single slide, crossed every single bridge, and explored every single corner.

I3jAcrQ5LJepIzMWk44GfrPl82TRqBAysTrIB0ICfM43Z7Rcl1jUcQeDu8UMQdHCwngeJRjkh_AyDuYZwcQAm6f7FCNP1gUvgfEKVcCrOJcvBwGYt8D5nzumRsl7KObeMZulFRVxumpWEZARYs5a7ZmU42SzCxmg2wDA8PfbiuumHxN0e7BGEQoIUIZmoE1D4f005bR1CdIcDnEdxu-_7VFCPPBlDnjzai6zAqoMoNP9ekU-HZNpfiwkoxslUO9t7X3xJDHlFJti6fxxZySBOo4etqNjwza30THmDOI4s1JUgeBx3Xps3AgLOCmF6Ky4tbQS7dwA7wmsx8_UKkDEjPMXORFcUgycX8qaLviTp2CkFTQkuuwQm5xco-M6fUuLW8HLT2OcYVmAy3Ye3s7InU7Lp5RVM4chB273XkUpYlR-9-Yvci4X_dyKSAY6jA_CZjUwthUTlFS1s1xYsJ18PVMdwfX73S-_TmTZ32nedWiQOWHRAYgaoR1yXITyCBICSFWZAEUwq6GTwQkSJM2PdsBIvhjhvsc31xgruFx63dJgFcdts_T9tbw2m4_rWi2wGWWfpOAJYyL5hyI82lBw-WUHV7oi1YVH1EKnSg4_adCrtzMR6tC7-jdMlkdJFC_MPpmrrjYtExnTnqAg5SusZ2gymIjuhPdo=w1031-h773-no

You can’t put a price on that kind of joy.

iRwk5ZMsaHdpwbAX1MAyoTSHaCIFNlWOzkrUrgKl9tSyR2yHPDWEWUEWPVbRrldE3CoJCiK48OOWUv5ZPfwO9eHXWCAkOWHFn4W886Dv1BuZZE_BVePY-wvDRoxN9ccMN2B-OGrodTZoSrKdCUSQkiRwGKOw3R1vB8nLRUDBbiLSsd8hcXkoVv347VOzB_8_DBDQ5GiKxTRr6abFfKasZQ2wwhcWCUZx5kzhKi8of3i7CAZApDz_gfTRFP5dPPjWElWVWDEfD4CNwV3IUhoirMWGktbufbZbIRBNESr9NQuPAiuQ8DQFXKscxTPTy-EVEHSMVz8LzjQs2J6tLqBFxRVHFiaQ_Gelf-bibkHXcTFLKeggZ8ordkGqik37EI14T9_boBI716llNAK_acc_W_AJMxHrludcIu8SHF72bxLF-fDXe1qmr9Vy-f9JiwF4IIn1caF7eWo92b_--ScAZLQaPD3zwTOzBazGfOtSuECU-kNFY77mQi4yt8BTx3J4vfsmIsx5zQs7dnpMLnHsklKo8oq2i7cwWirXAQPa3F41aqKFVR-t93UfTlEeG_ZEZXC5FrP0f6QMHjs2M3tjeMGxraZHnRkphXg8a75LYIzl3tLP9hSIDTPObdWYliDdoakt08BDfaT3o9bZv3RaW3eM7reB9Bp1=w1031-h773-no

Night had fallen, and the new show, Rivers of Light, was about to start. We’d never seen it, so we did what any hardcore Disney fan would do in that situation, and skipped it completely to go look at Pandora lit up for the night.

I have read several reviews of Rivers of Light, and watched some of it online, and the best reaction anyone seems to be able to muster for it is: meh. So we all decided we’d rather wander Pandora.

Along the way:

tYBITa76JgeJMP65ZnYAol5nVkChnLAg7bV74VuwiJGM-jOXV3RewHo5WJew_bvo7jPuOAaYzYcWW3nvBjRM-uOCTEI2TieWK1Q6pBpgx7-_xXR_I61svXOF_Urrdhtj46OGFkLrQLQzWNt5EuaoRe0I87VV67fpzusWmwud2EyyBoUWqbTlfHowCRYAU0FR4V_FnUj4hS2b8jPgTRQSFZQecKw2Ig4qiVWAbMKZ4ijaRqvdT7R-tT99wkCciIl6f3V94nw9-JchdDbnvU9V6tbKpR3ryLWXOLvUbGKqkdgZT9xJz3u5OHZMfC5agboGR6ROsllv0RwfXQ6txffihgC7g4jVJIh9CNbkLHUwQl3jwp6R0WeR0nxIno7QByT5e9ifCeAGPx6fkR5uobdG3F9AhgQemN7gSOcN_dWDwRrOS17Rp7UVHRqJSSGfgDWy8Ig-4rgJhdewhT2TVA_lcSAK8i0aMWUV8xA14KcSZ7WEtovFncjY_LwXaXTu8SBLeRrAKiqIRx3YUWwv4Tj06Z2Fbfm6UmHcasMoiUQ2_F8BTWJsFFXptpe38ZpW9S6It67dNFRRzy_5e1r_uKnJR_TB5oYX7OfjhEPQr-hvltLRR8zVPmAiBw-dg2E2XkK7RNv9OwpDc5LNyMLOhCRal7e3L1LlpQPF=w1031-h773-no

Ok, remember that spot in Pandora where I took the photo by the waterfall? Here it is at night.

ReKz-llK1dPqZYkaiZHTzK2KJhEVqBkKYGKOMotO5aWvx23ROEoxNrTQ__ZRLpvYVXPEl4eAGrKmmHElORwCG1Z2xNy1mtJDxENXi15B5hIcCic5fVmjw5NaY61oAX93RW4gt76AMyftewYiAh1xPA5HBIkeKzkrulbOipkFh05MIw48DHnJVGXMKma8KfsqCzw9OcfWDLdUxiEe0oaOdBWsu9x5NRQiL_S8-K8EOW6_RpPy2Daz6OCVP9_R0Zk7BlMDP60zoRqj6rHpCfvXQdB4Wa5IcuCiWgiBZT3Sy-M70p8EP8dqZw_Y1cKr2aCvkRJX3VXljG3DkPMepCxatJ-0g5zTjt5DXNDVsgQZC_T3W3AC1AfPH7zXoi9zNcP66E2U1ASqtRZA8_r-iAoi01JG1Q-Up_GhabrRcH0kqd62Tqpl00Yl6_yJHrGQsh9cJx8Q9udaJToc-dhF0SK-9nU1vVzadrDk621OiMvFnjeJ9v1uc5gT952mhpihmo0BGJ59uQFzmsnthZ_8NXWXy1px1y7P7J7MzD48T9PAV0tZ3f_rt1f45pKBTdb5IezQR2yCMQSsCzEZL93rUS2Ud46-lNwivNAExY01ah0xiCs00eWwBlnCDkTqqW264hZS3VjgkJcQan5nP2oPyjgKmBwQiHzAhQVi=w1031-h773-no

Pandora looks amazing at night. One thing I appreciated was that if anything, they underplayed it. They tried to sell you on the plants and life itself being bio-luminescent, so you don’t get a lot of obvious light sources. And I think the work spoke for itself. I was glad we took the time to wander through.

Cz823-5BmXnVfQR74x-1JQleXj5laX6jZZ6UTdTviHSIbZbJ-FQBza9yJ4gMxf31MO2k_K6Pu6hVJtHzyHmfWPgfuD39cRGF4pdLK188zvJ8cVt700A1e3j5EOg0OUbTbIQYUCvfMo1l_zSoYzVcELcIFA1V2zCy6ahAMP9jo9qODQr6llMGnCyOeGw7sqi3h_d4iP4lNh3nLLyntmtH1ylWM-DIZ_nbE0PEBH6J__rfxPLqji8v8ILQEv_pQLivErSnKsiK9361nLP5Msgs_8rWQPkKLtq-o8ov6UAJo3iIHkya5KpHk6gek3ELrn0wodN8xRSOubOgain2jyAYAPmBg4Yl4KPzV-ntC6XaH9BUoQRPCcBzkhIGxNTqxMUWlN5DLxJq5UM2peP7ij1zFjFAXLHj_jnUdHM1aovexyAiMLIaJ2qA5CDjYVoYuyv9IScjSGPn4P-eWmqElyiT7JnmEwMZf43iQ2yAm6MLOITEG1ayjVyFPqXJkmmA58swu-cnpOSw5JI-mag12W8yc1MUEd4mOzMhDs-_qJWpcqADxJcmC32kIZAXUKsEf-gkpQRmHIjqj3gQwA-zTmdScGpz-iYb4IyFUO-31xW4tqlpRLwwVTKnrwVs7FexFv4qKSy_tL9spTqfRWi8VrsFTfHq2d4QbYhK=w1031-h773-no

Just in case, we also checked on the wait time for Flight of Passage.

120 minutes.

Nah.

Coming Up Next: Back to Epcot. Remember that hideous efficiency score of 25 we got on our vehicle design at Test Track? Challenge accepted.

ETA: Doh! I finally get a response in to your last post, just to find you've posted the next installment!

Pandora 'n The Explorers

Cute! I like it!

Get out of bed, get dressed, eat your Pop Tarts, pile into the van, drive to Animal Kingdom. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I don't know how you can still do this! I had one Pop Tart last week (albeit it was for dessert after dinner). I checked the sugar content of every flavor in the store and Brown Sugar and Cinnamon was actually the lowest. The next morning when I took my blood sugar, it was through the roof. :sad2: Had I eaten one for breakfast I would have been on a sugar high for the next hour and then crashed hard.

Immediately, we heard over the loudspeakers: “Andrew, don’t mess around in the back seat.”

Love it when the CMs have a sense of humor!

Once we made it to the gates of the Animal Kingdom, we did what all serious Disney trip planners do and waited around while various members of our family went to the bathroom, because of course we couldn’t have done that in the hotel room before we left.

I know really???? :confused3 Fran did the same thing to me when we had FP for Navi River Journey our first time at Pandora!

We found the entrance to It’s A Small Moon, and the wait was posted at a mere 15 minutes. We actually made it through the line in ten.

I was hoping we could ride this standby, but my parents (Dad) don't do rope drop. I just checked the app and the current wait time is 90 minutes. :sad2:

Your enjoyment of this ride may depend on how much you were swept away by the movie Avatar. Some people were enchanted by the ground-breaking special effects and world-building, which were admittedly impressive. Others found the story to be a rip-off of Pocahontas or Dances With Wolves.

I don't even remember the storyline any more. Perhaps I should watch it again in the next month.....checks Netflix....

Luckily, the ride doesn’t have to re-hash the story. It’s more concerned with trying to make you feel like you’re on an exotic new planet. I think it did a decent job. It’s basically a Disney dark ride with as many updated effects as they could pile into it.

I thought it was a pretty nice ride, but not something I would wait 90 minutes for!

I thought this was a neat effect. They made it appear as though frogs were jumping on giant leaves over your head. As they jumped, you’d hear a thump when they landed and the leaf would shift a bit.

Huh. I missed that part. Now I want to ride it again.

We checked in with my brother and SIL, only to discover that they were delayed because their bus to the Animal Kingdom had broken down. So they had no idea when they’d be arriving in the park.

They seemed to be having all the rotten luck!

I’ve always thought the safari is a worthy attraction, especially since they dumped the old poacher storyline that nobody paid attention to. I think they did a great job of making you feel like you’re in the wild, seeing exotic African animals.

I agree on the tossing out of the poacher story. I like the guides who start off with, "Is everyone ready for two weeks out on the African back country?" :lmao:

Soon, it was time for the main event: our Fastpass for Flight of Passage. Man, were we looking forward to this! I’d heard nothing but raves about the ride from almost every corner. If there was a slight complaint, it was that some people said it was basically Soarin’ on steroids, and not something game-changing. Well, Soarin’ on steroids still sounded like fun to me.

I agree, Soarin' on Steroids sounds pretty good to me! Then again I hadn't heard much about it before I rode it.

The theming is amazing. It does a great job of hiding how long the line is, too. If you look really closely, you can see where the suckers people are waiting in the standby line.

Suckers indeed. The line was 195 minutes when I checked the app a couple minutes ago.

I would learn later that the ride actually has three levels that all face a giant screen, much like Soarin’. We didn’t move up or down meaning, we got to sit on the middle level.

Huh. That makes sense. I think I was on the top row the first time I rode it (cause I had to go down a bunch of stairs to get out.) And on the bottom row the second time cause I did't have any stairs.

The pre-show took forever. They said they had to “decontaminate” us three different times as we waited in the first room.

Three times??????? I had that happen on the first time I rode, and I was afraid that it would take so long I wouldn't have time to go back and use Fran's FP for the ride.

First thing you notice: wow, these visuals are gorgeous. Second thing you notice: you can feel the dragon breathing. The air bags the Imagineers installed to simulate the animal’s breaths are a genius touch. That really helps sell the illusion.

I thought that was a cool touch as well!

So—is it the Best Ride At Walt Disney World, or just Soarin’ on steroids?

I still think that RnRC is the Best Ride At WDW!

Up until I rode Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest had been my favorite ride at WDW. So that means it’s still a solid #2. Wait, that sounds bad.

We did not have PB&J sandwiches for lunch.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I find that we can go about 4 days in a row before everyone is sick of them.

I'm not sure that I could even go two days in a row. I'm not a sandwich fan, so I'd have to mix it up between various meats or chicken salad, or something like that. But then again you know I'm high maintenance. Besides you did pick the one QS that is sort of a must.

For the first time, we utilized the “mobile order” option on Disney’s app and got lunch for the five of us.

Isn't that a cool way to order? I first tried it last summer and if I ever get back to writing up my bonus features, I will talk about how easy it was!

You don’t really need me to recap this entire ride again, do you? I mean, I just did it in the last chapter, and I really hate to repeat myself. I don’t like saying the same things over and over. I can’t stand being redundant.

:rotfl:

Redundant? Too much...?

Okay, I'll stop.

Anyway, we were told by the driver that we were not allowed to stay on the truck—we had to disembark. Then he proceeded to tell us that we weren’t allowed to hang out under the cover of the unloading dock, either. Basically, we were screwed. Have a magical day!

Did you fart in their general direction as you disembarked?

Thankfully, we didn’t get soaked.

But you did when you got your check-out paperwork.

Our bag wasn’t so fortunate. It was hanging on the back of our stroller, and we had left a poncho draped over it, but it had somehow shifted when the CM parked it and thus our belongings were drenched.

That was the 2nd part of that whole "Have a magical day" bit.

so we decided this would be a particularly good time for Dole Whips.

Ummm...

]

Phew, you had me worried there for a minute.

Anyway, back to Michael—he now has two sons who both work for Disney. I don’t know their exact jobs, but I believe one works with a lot of their costumes and the other is in graphic design for Imagineering. He left a little tribute to his father as part of the theming in Africa.

q91wco2Uw_UiH_slOwS5bkV1mBFSUGFrf3ky2ov8CtWGOXw0Ypwe5CxJB70Ko4zCplzrVMY-xY9vksyelEytJZzrKgWInqSlYtZfNvgh_hpxc7ULILyZam9-_ysT3wrsXRniGp--V3zMbPb9dVV-b_h6ZVyq1fRl6lIg7bnYaNcOAiB8j6SzzILKQqZMSWy4O9YbCa6aTe8YIa2VUjWkn9wznlPFbGPwPxvmD3vBgmNpfJK0KAHHZ1JRGVDNViN_48awilRdMgL0BoV24wkYIOi33AuGp-BFFPyqvJOkyiCWA1z0Zy4itMdB6bFyWJfkCStbBKcfam1pEkB7hVqOuIo695i5RUPq74AP8xxVBa6M_UL22O0pnvW8hoaaVj6Rxv6yEPrgvJZEWg33xpxPuHozBI4k9UcFV10mij4ZujVcqWKPVpwfDWVigeAXXIkBbjhXvPkPX2-xqxtfcbgsx08Mv_64cmgJKwqs1kXYKFnUUeiDrl4wLS25Tdoqpyj822lfFe0QMTnfZwpPhS78zuq97tvrZTvLtinGWpz92vMF8dUfortvkmLBjwTdMibJAa37T1ikusR0wxxRl7jXPFKarNsNj4PYqIU9-3WB-IkOJF4Bup8cO_WeZhg8BrCJOV6pVJ6HrBgaTJf3LdCcLlvqTAUUdp7l=w1031-h773-no

Okay, THAT is cool!!! I wonder how many more hundreds of stories there are like this all over the parks!

The kids were now having the serious “Do we bail?” conversation as they waited in the heat. In the end, they decided to gut it out, since the rapids are one of David’s favorite rides. We killed time in the gift shops while they finally rode the rapids. After they were done, Dave turned to the other two and said, “It wasn’t worth the wait.”

On the way out, I took a photo of one of my favorite views in all of the parks. I just wish we’d had the good camera, because zooming in on a phone just doesn’t work as well.

IRWfUGnjg8uwqBaINrapcSLeSChBIqOUvjIlvdis4mBQuJDvn2Q1ncF7R-S7Hpd2tual3-zDu_hq1Xx2yMBh9YBCr_NIlNiLIHmcISYShDD94LoMDddFfEb3Xxi0CJDmt_umvL-HXU9ZN_uZZsVY8N4U8PAgxq1tvm88cqx9i_-7oILUpKm9oOkYQTsDKTK_thqA3U0PcVMReM-7yQwP2bwQ_D9wt-wqPvES6PMCWzzkm0FH-dgYcYsq28qowq9T6SGDUK2Aw10yI1A8YoH3aPfcrhyWXv_ungnoaY4zF-nbCntDk1xxctLAXQdT69AP6VxhRx4678zl0seIUkwS9mSM--7PfS_b1h3f5sw_9TaOP2B0JCzWfyuFOh4rqdr0ViUu-sO4nbgPbUfdQJ_FZLsbw3bmKAvjzUyKpjNJF4mcZvSdnqlTqub50bc5PlyWa4qtqxlSpYyqvDqz9Tne5z4TUdMw7WYVnOBYsoDvVNPASg41yfMQZYCzyAaoz8YwULaqBY64GADwPHjrA_DWbJ2EbEuohzC2R9dTRsQ0dfIA08hKDlnKTeTHFWGCb1-azbumssPAHlCUGHK3VeR90rVIb9P0Z1YMQQK8UuPuboFauiRW_8cq5QaYrMvH4lUlQi8DlNUubCXARgGD4f2V3a3FF75ZDID0=w1031-h773-no

No, but it's still a great view!

Having the animals outside, just off our balcony, was magical.

Very.

Me too.

Holy crap, that's a great photo!

Is it just me, or does the Tree at night look like Magic Rocks you grew as a kid?

Pandora looks amazing at night. One thing I appreciated was that if anything, they underplayed it. They tried to sell you on the plants and life itself being bio-luminescent, so you don’t get a lot of obvious light sources. And I think the work spoke for itself. I was glad we took the time to wander through.

My take on it exactly. ::yes::

What a cool tribute to your barber from his kids!

I saw that you tried to sneak in your uninformed comment about zebra domes. They are amazing and that is a fact. :)

Looks like a fun day at AK!

Jill in CO

Not sure what was in that BBQ sauce.
Me neither...but I want some.

Just as we were finishing the ride, the skies opened up with yet another 2:00 p.m. Florida Shower. Yes, after three days of jumping the gun, I can only conclude that the daily 4:00 p.m. Florida Shower is now the daily 2:00 p.m. Florida Shower. I blame global warming, or climate change, or whatever they’re calling it these days.
I didn't find the afternoon showers kept much of a schedule in August either. Sometimes early. Sometimes late. Always wet though.

The big kids (especially Dave) were begging to go on Kali River Rapids. But the app had the wait time listed at 45 minutes, and I wasn’t keen on waiting that long for it.
I like Kali, but I wouldn't wait that long for it. I generally have a FP to use on it. Otherwise it's a pass for me.

Festival of the Lion King is one of the better shows in WDW, in my opinion. Lots of good CM talent on display. Drew seemed to have a really good time with it, so I think it was a good call to take him there instead of waiting in line for the rapids. My favorite part, of course, is the fire-dancer. Because pyrotechnics.
I would agree, one of the best shows. If not the best. And you can never go wrong with fire.

so we decided this would be a particularly good time for Dole Whips.
Anytime is a good time for Dole Whips.

Cool, I had no idea. I usually assume all the little posters are just random things. I never really considered that some would have significance.

If you don't go for the Dole Whip, a Mickey bar is a pretty good choice. Yes it's over priced - but what isn't in Disney World. It still tastes good, and the best thing it has no calories since you're on vacation.

We were fortunate enough to stay here for a few days back in 2012, and it was our favorite stay on property. Having the animals outside, just off our balcony, was magical.
I have said it before, but I would like to stay at AKL on day. DW doesn't want to. She has this fear that the animals can get into the rooms. Makes no sense. I'll have to go solo.

I actually have never had one, so I can't disagree with that.

(which is a completely different ride from Dumbo).
Of course it is. It has dinosaurs.

The cast members informed us that the ride was down due to “lightning in the area”.
What the heck is going on with the lightening these days. I didn't really notice it affecting rides, but nearly every afternoon we went back to the resort for afternoon break, the pool was closed for lightening. There must have been some major policy change.

They look important, don’t they? Well, if you’ve never seen this one before, I’ll spoil it for you now: those are the chemical formulas for ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. One of the original sponsors of the rides was McDonald’s.
Drat! You posted it before me. I did know this and I even took a picture specifically for my trip report. Oh well, I'll just be lazy and copy yours. :p

I have read several reviews of Rivers of Light, and watched some of it online, and the best reaction anyone seems to be able to muster for it is: meh. So we all decided we’d rather wander Pandora.
As I mentioned, I should have done this. ROL wasn't terrible, it was just kind of OK. But after it we just didn't have the energy to walk in to Pandora. I regret that now.

Your trip report is just really good and I'm enjoying it more and more with each update? Quick question, how did you luck out with such enjoyable kids....and that Drew.....I have all granddaughters and did not have a boy to spoil...so if Drew is available for short rental periods....we should talk.....just saying....

Me neither...but I want some.

I didn't find the afternoon showers kept much of a schedule in August either. Sometimes early. Sometimes late. Always wet though.

I like Kali, but I wouldn't wait that long for it. I generally have a FP to use on it. Otherwise it's a pass for me.

I would agree, one of the best shows. If not the best. And you can never go wrong with fire.

Anytime is a good time for Dole Whips.

Cool, I had no idea. I usually assume all the little posters are just random things. I never really considered that some would have significance.

If you don't go for the Dole Whip, a Mickey bar is a pretty good choice. Yes it's over priced - but what isn't in Disney World. It still tastes good, and the best thing it has no calories since you're on vacation.

I have said it before, but I would like to stay at AKL on day. DW doesn't want to. She has this fear that the animals can get into the rooms. Makes no sense. I'll have to go solo.

I actually have never had one, so I can't disagree with that.

Of course it is. It has dinosaurs.

What the heck is going on with the lightening these days. I didn't really notice it affecting rides, but nearly every afternoon we went back to the resort for afternoon break, the pool was closed for lightening. There must have been some major policy change.

Drat! You posted it before me. I did know this and I even took a picture specifically for my trip report. Oh well, I'll just be lazy and copy yours. :p

As I mentioned, I should have done this. ROL wasn't terrible, it was just kind of OK. But after it we just didn't have the energy to walk in to Pandora. I regret that now.
If animals did get in the room, you'd have a major lawsuit. Disney doesn't want lawsuits. Won't happen, but if it does, you can retire early.

I don't know how you can still do this! I had one Pop Tart last week (albeit it was for dessert after dinner). I checked the sugar content of every flavor in the store and Brown Sugar and Cinnamon was actually the lowest. The next morning when I took my blood sugar, it was through the roof. :sad2: Had I eaten one for breakfast I would have been on a sugar high for the next hour and then crashed hard.

Brown sugar and cinnamon are the ones I usually eat. Maybe I should start packing insulin.

Love it when the CMs have a sense of humor!

Those are the best ones!

I know really???? :confused3 Fran did the same thing to me when we had FP for Navi River Journey our first time at Pandora!

:sad2: Drives me nuts.

I was hoping we could ride this standby, but my parents (Dad) don't do rope drop. I just checked the app and the current wait time is 90 minutes. :sad2:

Well...you could always bring a paperback novel with you.

I don't even remember the storyline any more. Perhaps I should watch it again in the next month.....checks Netflix....

You remember Pocahontas, right? Same story.

I thought it was a pretty nice ride, but not something I would wait 90 minutes for!

Exactly!

Huh. I missed that part. Now I want to ride it again.

Uh oh. But do you waste a FP?

They seemed to be having all the rotten luck!

That was certainly not a good morning for them.

I agree on the tossing out of the poacher story. I like the guides who start off with, "Is everyone ready for two weeks out on the African back country?" :lmao:

:rotfl2: Good one!

I agree, Soarin' on Steroids sounds pretty good to me! Then again I hadn't heard much about it before I rode it.

I guess some people see that as a compliment, and others see it as a commentary that the ride is a bit over-hyped.

Suckers indeed. The line was 195 minutes when I checked the app a couple minutes ago.

Nothing is worth that!

Huh. That makes sense. I think I was on the top row the first time I rode it (cause I had to go down a bunch of stairs to get out.) And on the bottom row the second time cause I did't have any stairs.

We had no stairs at all, and I was told that it meant we were in the middle level.

Three times??????? I had that happen on the first time I rode, and I was afraid that it would take so long I wouldn't have time to go back and use Fran's FP for the ride.

That took FOREVER. I was so worried the ride had broken down or something.

I thought that was a cool touch as well!

It really sold the illusion.

I still think that RnRC is the Best Ride At WDW!

I think I have to agree. I'll take a coaster over a simulator anytime.

I'm not sure that I could even go two days in a row. I'm not a sandwich fan, so I'd have to mix it up between various meats or chicken salad, or something like that. But then again you know I'm high maintenance. Besides you did pick the one QS that is sort of a must.

Gotta love Flame Tree! I don't know what I'd do without sandwiches in my life. Do hot dogs count as a sandwich?

Isn't that a cool way to order? I first tried it last summer and if I ever get back to writing up my bonus features, I will talk about how easy it was!

It worked out well! Definitely worth it to try and skip the line. Only downside is you have to pay via credit card, as opposed to being able to use cash.

Having answered the siren call of Flame Tree BBQ, we headed back to Africa to meet up with the rest of my family and use up our last FP on another safari ride. Somehow we managed to get all 13 of us to meet in one place at the same time and board a jeep (truck) for another trip through the savannah.

Well there you go, is that the second time everyone met up so far this trip? :confused3

He looks like he just ate an entire bag of Skittles!

I can understand the reasoning of why they wouldn't want to clog up the exit, but still can't they slow down the trucks or something until the rough parts blow over? Keep everyone in some sort of shelterish? :confused3

We wandered the gorilla trail a bit and then my brother and SIL decided to head back to let their kids nap after a grand total of 2 rides on the day.

It's like they are AP holders who live 20 minutes from the parks and can just go anytime. Oh, wait.

That is so neat! I wonder how many of those little things there are that almost no one knows about.

But, but, doesn't he realize the significance of the Dole Whip in his little life? He did appear to enjoy the Mickey Bar.

The kids were now having the serious “Do we bail?” conversation as they waited in the heat.

Wow! That's sort of a rite of passage moment! Realizing that their time is worth something over standing on a unmoving queue.

After they were done, Dave turned to the other two and said, “It wasn’t worth the wait.”

And there it is. Their blissful youth has vanished into an older cognizance.

I just wish we’d had the good camera, because zooming in on a phone just doesn’t work as well.

I can see that. The photo is a tad bit grainy.

We were fortunate enough to stay here for a few days back in 2012, and it was our favorite stay on property. Having the animals outside, just off our balcony, was magical.

I need to go back! It's been a while since I stayed there!

I think it’s safe to say that Boma is one of our favorite restaurants on property. There’s just enough “exotic” foods here to make you feel like you’re being adventurous, but it’s also Americanized enough that it doesn’t shock our palates. Also, I can park myself right next to the African-spiced beef strip loin carving table and eat to my heart’s content.

That's interesting. Fran and I ate there once and she thought it was too weird, even with the few things that you find tasty.

I think they're rather good, but there are other desserts that I would rate higher.

They turned out pretty well, except for Drew. I don’t know what he was doing. Looks like he doesn’t, either.

You're gonna have so much ammo when he's grown up and has a fiance. :lmao:

That's awesome! I had no idea!

He climbed every single ladder, slid down every single slide, crossed every single bridge, and explored every single corner.

Nope and by the time you get back there he might not appreciate it nearly as much!

Night had fallen, and the new show, Rivers of Light, was about to start. We’d never seen it, so we did what any hardcore Disney fan would do in that situation, and skipped it completely to go look at Pandora lit up for the night.

You chose wisely!

I believe that mine was one of the meh reviews that you read. If we hadn't seen the show we could have done what you did. Now we are making a special trip there after an early dinner one night to see the bioluminescence .

120 minutes.

Still too much. Maybe that will be when we can get in Navi River.

Somehow we managed to get all 13 of us to meet in one place at the same time

You can stop there. That's impressive enough!

You don’t really need me to recap this entire ride again, do you?

Well.... maybe?

I really hate to repeat myself. I don’t like saying the same things over and over. I can’t stand being redundant.
No of course not.
Absolutely not.
Not a chance.
No way.

rFsWedeLE3E_Uzeg2AKVi8L64FGTmwiqlpdX7zmIxusG2BvrEb6rW7BJwBsiA-Ff4RhoerIBVlB_K8DoWqRZhX0nnQ17-M-6IjA_dupSy997Y-AwCGH710hfoeOwaouRI-QKd2d-m5k3iEIjfF9yhdeacTDsnuOw6JTH6VAUAwXm8-FZ3F9jl58DDGyQ4ngDZXX4e76j1HvUr3tGT0YcDYs-SpyOxsjIjNzhDcje1-nUUdnoSuwnktLm5Yzhg45K24WIi-Km0X0Z6offh4AG2RGx2gMLEf74vsot-h7z-Xy22TTxvZrKiThjYxjq1oIjWl0pvtqZi7hvDjA_E7AjxX6P4GluHVV9jIVTPl-wLHX9BtmEg5n_I9FEI7P-frj1yUWf49JL4Z9d6s23bvuVX8n8ytb2hvcrQVYoDc_oXMd08K_iAAoUMbcOv1aI9rkjOWyxAnTfy8z8ZBDkGWYEsVWiT2srWt1nA33hyDugdyoRHS5y1KT-8yRkqnz5u_Uz1vcxPwQ2soewmkF6KoY-AsWQ7RWN94IUzBMZMHXReh6EdCSmT9pIexyupCirQ51rvdLqUvPM4heYcM_ZALqQfdEO2Zl3d29gDluCp5S_qnUJdagrH9Z2RqLXCgeo5f4WAVjYtUt2dwJie3bB5b_mXoKt3FcAcX4Y=w509-h773-no

:laughing: Well, that makes it worth it, doesn't it?

Anyway, we saw giraffes and elephants and animatronic sleeping lions. I know this because those are the photos I have in my album.

Disney uploaded those while you were looking the other way.

Soooo... is that Genie's (or Will Smith's) lamp on the ground just in front of the elephant?

I blame global warming, or climate change, or whatever they’re calling it these days.

I believe it's called "weather".

Anyway, we were told by the driver that we were not allowed to stay on the truck—we had to disembark.

Rude.

Then he proceeded to tell us that we weren’t allowed to hang out under the cover of the unloading dock, either. Basically, we were screwed. Have a magical day!

He really said that? I guess other guests are coming and they wouldn't be able to get off.

Moving at approximately 3 inches per hour (7.62 cm/hour for you non-U.S. residents who use a sane measuring system),

Thanks CM.

We wandered the gorilla trail a bit

It wasn't their fault!

my brother and SIL decided to head back to let their kids nap after a grand total of 2 rides on the day. My eye started twitching a bit but I said nothing.

Well... their problem. Go have fun.
(and looks like you did.)

So we decided to split up—the big kids would ride the rapids, and Julie and I (with my parents) would take Drew to see the Lion King show.

Divide and conquer. Works every time.

Except in horror movies.

Festival of the Lion King is one of the better shows in WDW, in my opinion.

I agree.
And yet... I'm not a huge fan of WDW shows. But that is one of the better ones.

Red, who has a mullet and yet I still entrust him to make me look presentable.

So that's what happened! This explains so much!

As an aside, Red is the nicest guy, and knows all of his customers by name.

"Hey, Red! Who's that guy heading this way?"
"Oh, that's... whats-his-name... <checks appointment book> Mark."

He also never fails to finish his work on my hair by saying, “Well…she might let you use the front door for a little while now.”

:laughing: I like that. :)

No way! That's... just about the best thing ever!
Can you imagine having a tribute to you in WDW????

Hey! Yay!

Looks pretty pleased. :)

After they were done, Dave turned to the other two and said, “It wasn’t worth the wait.”

:lmao:
Oh, well.

Still a good shot. :)

both have that same jaw-dropping grandeur in the main lobby.

Having the animals outside, just off our balcony, was magical.

Sure doesn't hurt!

And yet, I don't think I'll ever stay there. Too far away!

Julie and I had eaten at Boma in 2015 when we’d had an adults-only weekend getaway to Disney World

I ate there with the fam... and everyone except me ate nothing but mac n cheese.

Glad you had better luck with yours.

Once again, I have failed with the food photos. I just wanted to eat.

What??? Who does that?!?!? No food photos? You suck!

Also, I can park myself right next to the African-spiced beef strip loin carving table and eat to my heart’s content.

WHAT????????????

Nice shot of the group. :)

Another nice shot. :)

:lmao:
OMG! That's hilarious!

We walked back over to Pandora because Sarah wanted to check out the gift shop there. She hadn’t had much chance to see it, what with having to ride Flight of Passage twice. Poor kid. We all really felt for her. I wish I had my violin.

Oh, the poor, poor child!!!

I took this shot because I just thought it looked pretty. Remember this one, we’ll come back in a moment.

Standing by.
(But it's a nice shot nevertheless)

I’d opened the app to see if I could make any more for FoP (ha! Get real)

At first, we thought we could take Drew on the Triceratops Spin (which is a completely different ride from Dumbo).

Well, yeah.
One's got elephants, the other has dinosaurs.

Completely different.

He climbed up, disappeared around a corner…

…and then came walking back down the stairs.

“They said the playground is closed!” he exclaimed, and burst into tears.

:(
Oh, man. I'm glad he got to go later. That's just heartbreaking.

Did they enjoy Dinosaur? It was a definite…”kind of”. I don’t think either one of them has ever been a fan of jump scares.

Yeah, I can see that.

Also... pretty darn cool!

When we got back, they had opened up the playground again, and Drew was in his glory. Yes, it was getting dark and late, and he was exhausted and needed to go to bed.

But we let him play. He was at Disney World, and having a blast. That doesn’t happen every day.

Yuss!
Very happy for the li'l guy. :)

No. No you absolutely can't.

And sooooo many parents forget that.
"Do you know how much money I paid for this?????"

upload_2019-2-14_0-35-39.png

I have read several reviews of Rivers of Light, and watched some of it online, and the best reaction anyone seems to be able to muster for it is: meh.

Yup. That's about right.

Pandora looks amazing at night.

120 minutes.

Nah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter