This is Us- Season six

I feel like he should end up with Sophie as it seems clear that she is the great love of his life. Time seems short now to introduce someone new and make us feel content that it sticks given his history.

Having said that, why in the world would Sophie ever give him another chance? I guess because he’s the love of her life, as well.

I feel like he should end up with Sophie as it seems clear that she is the great love of his life. Time seems short now to introduce someone new and make us feel content that it sticks given his history.

Having said that, why in the world would Sophie ever give him another chance? I guess because he’s the love of her life, as well.

I can’t remember how things ended after they hooked up at a funeral. That seems like a lifetime ago.

Am I the only one that honestly has no clue who he ends up with? I feel like until we see it I won’t know who it is.

Oh, I don't have any reason to be sure it's Sophie! I just said I wouldn't mind if it was.

I did just find this, though:
Now, This Is Us fans will have to wait and see who Kevin ends up marrying in season 6. But the journey isn’t over yet. Following the season 5 finale, creator Dan Fogelman was asked by Deadline whether Kevin will revisit the women from his past – aka Sophie, Zoe, Cassidy, and Madison. Then Fogelman teased what to expect next.

“Sometimes the relationship you wind up in is a combination of growth experiences you’ve gotten from other relationships, and being in a place, and having been formed by those other relationships,” Fogelman said. “I think Kevin’s journey is one of, he’s a little slower than a lot of us, and he’s certainly fallen more than he’s stood when it comes to romantic relationships.”

He continued, “Hopefully, when we get to the end of his romantic journey, it will be satisfying. It won’t necessarily be one that everybody was rooting for, or it might be one that some were rooting for. It might catch people by surprise, but hopefully it’ll at least feel true to his character.”

Last edited:
I'm wondering if it's going to be Madison Kevin ends up with. By him texting the boyfriend to give advice on how to make Madison happy, Kevin put Madison first, put her happiness ahead of his. Not sure he has ever done that before.
I feel like it's going to be Madison too since we've seen very little of Sophie in recent episodes. I'm glad it's probably not Cassie, I didn't get a feeling of much chemistry between them. They're more like "buds".

Ugh, I just know it’s going to be Sophie he ends up with.

That fight was pretty intense with Kate and Rebecca.

I laughed so hard when Nicky and Kevin were having their conversation in the kitchen…‘what do you mean a real live woman’? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That was hilarious. I was cracking up when Cassidy said, "you have been blowing up women's lives for the better part of 20 years, you're like a big handsome wrecking ball."

I'm wondering if it's going to be Madison Kevin ends up with. By him texting the boyfriend to give advice on how to make Madison happy, Kevin put Madison first, put her happiness ahead of his. Not sure he has ever done that before.

Yes, I thought that was a good sign. We had seen that side of him with Zoey…he seemed to want to take care of her.
But I really want it to be Madison, sort of ala Jerry McGuire, where in the end he realizes how much he really does love her.

I lost my mom in November, and the end scene last week was rough when Jack said he doesn’t have a mom anymore. But the end scene this week was so much more painful to watch with Kate and Rebecca, and how she wishes she had more time. And then the piano scenes thru the years. So beautifully done. ❤️

Yes, I thought that was a good sign. We had seen that side of him with Zoey…he seemed to want to take care of her.
But I really want it to be Madison, sort of ala Jerry McGuire, where in the end he realizes how much he really does love her.

I lost my mom in November, and the end scene last week was rough when Jack said he doesn’t have a mom anymore. But the end scene this week was so much more painful to watch with Kate and Rebecca, and how she wishes she had more time. And then the piano scenes thru the years. So beautifully done. ❤
So sorry for your loss

I’d be happy with Madison but unless they do some big scenes, it’s going to be a reach for me to believe that Kevin is doing anything more than settling in order to raise his kids. Important, of course, but a little hard to believe that Kevin could stay in that type of relationship (and sober) for the long haul. Plus, he was ready to do just that and Madison realized she deserved someone who loved her.

Back to the Deja/Malik topic--why is Randall pushing for a "break it off" kind of thing. I'm totally on board with the fact that I think Deja's plan is a dumb move and typical young-girl-in-love stuff, but Deja and Malik's decision is immature. But why does Malik need to end things to help Deja? Can't they just have another 1.5 years long term relationship and Beth and Randall could relax a bit and allow her some weekend train trips to Malik? Listen to me, I'm acting like they're real people!

Back to the Deja/Malik topic--why is Randall pushing for a "break it off" kind of thing. I'm totally on board with the fact that I think Deja's plan is a dumb move and typical young-girl-in-love stuff, but Deja and Malik's decision is immature. But why does Malik need to end things to help Deja? Can't they just have another 1.5 years long term relationship and Beth and Randall could relax a bit and allow her some weekend train trips to Malik? Listen to me, I'm acting like they're real people!

Yeah, Randall lost something in Malik's eyes by asking that of him. And Malik showed real maturity and love for Deja by not telling her.

I would think that it will likely end in some sort of compromise like that. And then if they are still together after she graduates, she could go to college in Boston and move there.

I had the same thought. But I think Randall is feeling that Malik may not be good for Deja in any way. Not only is he 18, but he lives in Boston, and he has a child and and ex girlfriend to deal with. I think they want better (in their eyes) for Deja. She is still young, in high school, extremely smart and has a bright future in front of her. I think they feel she will be somehow throwing away her childhood (the last fun years of high school) for Malik, even if she stays home and he is in Boston.

This is why I’m hoping we get another flash forward with Deja and at the very least Tess and Annie. I feel like we need to pay attention to her flash forwards going, well, forward.

I am not sure who Kevin ends up with if anyone, but I don't think it's realistic that it would be Sophie after all of this time.

However it has worked for Jlo and Ben. :rotfl2:🤪 Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Kate and Rebecca scenes very intense. I think this is just a small glimpse of the hostility Kate dished out to her mom. Like MIguel, I do not judge Rebecca for slapping her. Brought tears to me at the end when Kate apologized.

I loved the dinner table and Randall and Beth's relationship. Beth is so quick witted and fast on her feet with comebacks to her kids, Randall, everyone. She always sees the bigger picture regardless of the situation.. She knows how to "check" Randall and ground him when he is really off on a tangent. He usually has that look of he didn't see the situation that way and then reworks everything in his brain. They are a great balance.

Last edited:
Randall and Beth have been my favorites since the beginning...especially Beth.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do let Deja go. Beth realizes that Deja is much much more mature than her years. She's only been with them for a few years, and before that, she was raising herself. Beth also referenced how young she and Randall were when they got together. Immediately in college so 18?

I think that Beth will see that Deja is going to do it regardless. They can support her, help her get into school, etc... Or she can go back to the struggle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter