This is Us- Season four

It's not the misplacing it under a pile of papers that worried me about the phone, it was the reliance on documenting "every angle" with it and the fear of losing it. I do think she's having trouble remembering stuff, and using the phone to compensate.

Adding to the phone issues were other little things that alone wouldn't be issues - like calling Randall "congressman" instead of "councilman".

I also think she didn't tell him much about California not because she was so eager to show baby pics, but because she couldn't think of what to tell him.

They may even have been hinting way back when Jack was born and she was writing everything in that notebook, too. (But I didn't think anything of that, because I also tend to write down medical stuff and it's just because get too nervous.)

Also, when Randall brought it up to her, she got really angry. That’s very out of character for her.

Tonight's the night! Can't believe it's the fall finale already... I don't want to wait until next year to see new episodes! :sad:

27 minutes in and I'm still holding my breath. Please don't let something horrible happen to Rebecca.

It doesn't air until 8pm here (another 25 minutes) so I'll check back in tonight or tomorrow morning... will avoid the thread now until after I've watched!

Why the heck did Miguel let Rebecca leave without him? He should have gone with her. And he's just sitting around talking about nut cheese and not thinking about her.

Edited to add: Never mind. Now I know what really happened.

Last edited:
So everything at the end is the culmination of the next 9 months before their birthday. 1) Kevin has a pregnant fiancee 2) No one is speaking to Randall? Or just Kevin? 3) Rebecca's dementia has progressed quite a bit. 4) Toby has an affair??

Why is Kevin (or everyone?) not speaking to Randall????

I didn't have a chance to read both texts on Toby's phone, just the response from the woman. What was his text to her?

Kate signed her name Kate Pearson on the police report , she isn’t with Toby in 9 months?

Kevin not talking to Randal and he has a baby on the way. Lots happen by their 40th birthday.

This is one I will definitely have to watch again to see what I missed.

So everything at the end is the culmination of the next 9 months before their birthday. 1) Kevin has a pregnant fiancee 2) No one is speaking to Randall? Or just Kevin? 3) Rebecca's dementia has progressed quite a bit. 4) Toby has an affair??

Why is Kevin (or everyone?) not speaking to Randall????
I'm in OKC, so I can actually watch and respond to the thread in real time. :)

I think it's just Kevin, but noticed that there was no Toby or Nicky at this point. I was surprised at that message on Toby's phone, but I'm really hoping that is misdirection. Could be that Kate's low self-confidence cannot survive, or Toby really did have an affair (maybe someone paid attention to him?)

On the other hand, even though Jack didn't communicate with Nicky anymore, Nicky was able to hopefully heal a little bit knowing that Jack didn't hate him, and shared that musical poem with his children. And his new shrimp tradition became a real family tradition, as shown with adult Jack and his wife. Whatever happens with Kate and Toby, their son seems to be a loving person (hopefully, not emotionally damaged.)

Rebecca's storyline here... wow. I'm so sad for this family having lost their dad so young, and now having the sorrow with Rebecca's growing dementia.

I need to watch this episode again.

Ok, so I’m shocked that I fell for another plot line. I should have known they would twist it at the end. All the foreshadowing, all the subtle clues. Like, Randall seeming like a visitor and not a family member at Rebecca’s side at her obvious end of life with Nicky there. Something huge has happened and yet again they are taking us on a journey that I can’t imagine the next turn, ugh. Just ugh. Now we wait for 2 months. I am grateful for a new tradition that baby jack carries on into adulthood. I’m really trying to wrap my arms around who is Kevin’s fiancé, and praying that Toby isn’t an idiot and loses Kate. I’m also praying that Randall and Rebecca don’t lose each other. Again, yet another week of my DH and I saying how much we hate this show through tears....lol.

So my speculation, with the simple fact that they allowed Rebecca to wander around on their birthday alone, Randall probably wanted to put Rebecca somewhere and the other two didn't. Kevin and Kate like to play the we're the real children of Jack and Rebecca at time too so I'm sure that will be at play.

It was a great episode otherwise. I loved them showing that Nicky wasn't erased not at all. Kate and Toby are threading on some thin ice with their marriage both complaining to others not communicating to each other and take each other out of context. I loved that Kevin helped Tess come out. I loved that they had younger William play a young look alike.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter