This Is Us- Season 3

I totally knew Nicky was alive. That one was too easy.

Randall and Beth: I don't know what to think here. I could see them breaking up and remaining on good terms.

If they are going to see Rebecca, then it makes me think back to the phone call to Toby. Kate has to be gone in some way, and they are still trying to include Toby in the family. I hate to say it, but she might be dead.

Is Nicky living in Vietnam?

His mail was addressed in PA.

Wow, what an episode.

I’m so happy KaToby are having a boy.

Was Déjà officially adopted by Randall and Beth or do they just have custody? I can’t remember.

Maybe future Rebecca is confirmed to a hospital because she was mentioning a lot of aches and pains at the debate.

His mail was addressed in PA.

Wow, what an episode.

I’m so happy KaToby are having a boy.

Was Déjà officially adopted by Randall and Beth or do they just have custody? I can’t remember.

Maybe future Rebecca is confirmed to a hospital because she was mentioning a lot of aches and pains at the debate.

Oh, thanks!

I loved it. I was hoping Nicky was alive. Yes, his mail had a PA address, so he was close to them all along. Can't wait for Kevin to find him.

I thought about Rebecca talking about the aches and pains, wonder if that was a clue to her health. Someone on FB brought up the episode a while ago when Rebecca was waiting on test results. I barely remember her and Jack sitting on a bench waiting for the dr. to call. All was well though.

I also thought dementia/alzheimers when they brought the game to take to her.

Hope Beth and Randall are not separated. I love them together. I was surprised she was a ballet teacher, I don't think they ever showed her dancing or anything. She was always so focused on work.

Not sure what will happen with Deja. Seems her mom is pulling her life together and making good choices. I can't remember if Randall and Beth adopted Deja or are fostering her, or if she is just staying with them.

Thanks, @PollyannaMom :) I was so excited that I was right about Nicky being alive LOL

I understand why people think Rebecca is ill, but I just don't. I think they will twist us on this. Maybe the game is for an actual birthday party for a grandchild or something. We simply don't know. We also don't know how far in the future this is.

I too, went to Alzheimers with the Pin the Tail on the Donkey game.
Deja, her mom terminated her parental rights. I believe Randall and Beth were adopting her officially, but I don't know if the process was complete yet or not.
Nicky, my comments at the end were also, does Jack know? Could he really have lived with that lie the whole rest of his life? I can't believe he could know.

Thanks, @PollyannaMom :) I was so excited that I was right about Nicky being alive LOL

I understand why people think Rebecca is ill, but I just don't. I think they will twist us on this. Maybe the game is for an actual birthday party for a grandchild or something. We simply don't know. We also don't know how far in the future this is.

I hope it is a trick and Rebecca is not ill. I won't like that storyline. Hopefully it's a gag gift or something. We can guess at the time frame based on Tess's age but nothing definite.

I wonder if the explosion going off was Nicky faking his death? Or if Jack and Nicky planned it somehow. Probably not since if that was the case, he would have been on the memorial of soldiers killed in Vietnam. But somehow they came up with the story that he died.

I hope it is a trick and Rebecca is not ill. I won't like that storyline. Hopefully it's a gag gift or something. We can guess at the time frame based on Tess's age but nothing definite.

I wonder if the explosion going off was Nicky faking his death? Or if Jack and Nicky planned it somehow. Probably not since if that was the case, he would have been on the memorial of soldiers killed in Vietnam. But somehow they came up with the story that he died.

I would be shocked if Jack was in on it, but maybe that's why he never talked about it? Can't wait to see the resolution on that!!!!

Always thought Nicky was alive, so no big surprise there. But the rest with Jack, the woman, Nicky and him - forget about it. No clue.

And I kind of like that I have no idea.:thumbsup2

Okay, hate to say it but I find myself a bit bored. Missing some levity and humour in the series.

In fact, Toby, who I was never much of a fan of, is now my saving grace for some much needed entertainment! I need a little more lightness from time to time.

This episode was full of things to talk about and my best moment was Kevin replying "Yeah" when the man began to tell him things in Vietnamese. :rotfl2:So I guess I am searching to be out of the serious for mere moments.

Loved that and Beth seeming like she found her stride. Not a surprise but wonderful to see.:goodvibes Really hit me. Such a beautiful moment.

As was their moment with Tess. :thumbsup2 As I thought and hoped but I didn't think kimblebee's thoughts were remotely out there. And hope that we can continue to all feel free to openly guess.

Thought Kate telling her Mom about Tess was awful. Just awful.

But did love in that the writers went yet another direction with Tess and Kate. Loved meaning the wtiting, they really push and pull and tease. And meaning I was wrong last week.

Thought Beth asking Randall to quit mid-campaign was ridiculous. And hope he continues. But that's Randall for you. Beth is actually right, her husband is a politician. He always has been in some ways with his "I will quit any time if you need me to do so". Or whatever stupid promise he made but didn't mean.

It all seemed out of character for Beth. I get she's stressed herself and for the family (but no huge deal with Deja/Tess in my opinion - serious situations going on but most families do - life goes on) and needs her time. But the Beth that I love and that they have shown would be the first to say "Oh no! We are not quitting".

I agree. No one should worry about spoilers. I knew not to visit this thread.

I am going to go with all is F.I.N.E. fine with Beth and Randall in the future. Hoping!

Last edited:
Always thought Nicky was alive, so no big surprise there. But the rest with Jack, the woman, Nicky and him - forget about it. No clue.

And I kind of like that I have no idea.:thumbsup2

Okay, hate to say it but I find myself a bit bored. Missing some levity and humour in the series.

In fact, Toby, who I was never much of a fan of, is now my saving grace for some much needed entertainment! I need a little more lightness from time to time.

This episode was full of things to talk about and my best moment was Kevin replying "Yeah" when the man began to tell him things in Vietnamese. :rotfl2:So I guess I am searching to be out of the serious for mere moments.

Loved that and Beth seeming like she found her stride. Not a surprise but wonderful to see.:goodvibes Really hit me. Such a beautiful moment.

As was their moment with Tess. :thumbsup2 As I thought and hoped but I didn't think kimblebee's thoughts were remotely out there. And hope that we can continue to all feel free to openly guess.

Thought Kate telling her Mom about Tess was awful. Just awful.

But did love in that the writers went yet another direction with Tess and Kate. Loved meaning the wtiting, they really push and pull and tease. And meaning I was wrong last week.

Thought Beth asking Randall to quit mid-campaign was ridiculous. And hope he continues. But that's Randall for you. Beth is actually right, her husband is a politician. He always has been in some ways with his "I will quit any time if you need me to do so". Or whatever stupid promise he made but didn't mean.

It all seemed out of character for Beth. I get she's stressed herself and for the family (but no huge deals with Deja/Tess in my opinion - serious situations going on but most families do - life goes on) and needs her time. But the Beth that I love and that they have shown would be the first to say "Oh no! We are not quitting".

I agree. No one should worry about spoilers. I knew not to visit this thread.

I am going to go with all is F.I.N.E. fine with Beth and Randall in the future. Hoping!

I’m assuming that Randall and Beth will be fine. I mean, who hasn’t had a fight with their spouse and not talked to them for the rest of the day?

I know I was way out there on my thoughts on Tess. I’m glad I was and it won’t stop me from speculating in the future lol

Someone posted on fb a picture of "older Randall" from when they first showed him and Tess going to see "her," and he had a wedding band on. Hopefully it means he is still together with Beth.

I know I was way out there on my thoughts on Tess. I’m glad I was and it won’t stop me from speculating in the future lol

Well good for you :rotfl2:.

One, I still don't think you were way way out there. And it really made me think.

And two, I know NOTHING would stop you (nor me for that matter) from expressing your opinion. :rotfl:Ever. :laughing::thumbsup2

I was really speaking for others' wellbeing. Not everyone is kimblebee. :drinking1

As for Beth and Randall, I simply meant how the writers were playing with the future scene. Not the I'm not talking to you. Or the guess where you're sleeping.

Still going with very much together.

Last edited:
It has been killing me about the actress who plays Zoe, where I know her from. From day one. You would think I just would have gone and checked. Sigh.

Gypsy on Netflix. Husband's assistant.

I think the explosion on the boat is somehow tied to both Nicky and the woman and possibly her son. Really interested to see how that part plays out especially.

I thought about Rebecca talking about the aches and pains, wonder if that was a clue to her health. Someone on FB brought up the episode a while ago when Rebecca was waiting on test results. I barely remember her and Jack sitting on a bench waiting for the dr. to call. All was well though.

I had completely forgotten about that episode! Thanks for bringing that up... need to go back and watch it again.

I don't think Randall and Beth split, I think it is a just something added to get us to talk about the show, LOL.

Honestly, why would Randall have to quit the campaign because of the kids' current issues. Many families have stuff going on but manage to campaign for office, or work a couple of jobs or whatever. It's just life. Should he quit in case Deja needs a ride somewhere or Tess wants to talk.

However, he DID tell her he would only run if Beth was OK with it and he did turn back from that promise.

Like others, I thought the Nicky storyline was going there eventually. I don't remember if Jack ever specifically said that his brother was dead or if everyone just assumed it?

Glad Beth finally snapped on Randall - I also hope they're not splitting up, just a simple argument that ends up with a day or two sleeping on the couch. The fact is, however, in a political race, if there is no polling to say that you have a chance to win, candidates might not drop out altogether, but they certainly don't spend any more money (or time) on the campaign. And Randall saying he made promises to people doesn't mean a whole lot, IMO - how can he be expected to live up to promises if he isn't elected? By the way, that was another plot line I saw coming - as soon as he won over that small crowd, I immediately thought that it had no bearing on the district as a whole. You can win over a group of 100 in an auditorium, but when push comes to shove at election time, people go with the person they know.

Didn’t Rebecca tell Tess that they all keep things the other ones don’t know or something like that. Even she has. So I’m guessing Jack knew. Jack didn’t tell them what he really did in Vietnam either they thought he was a mechanic.

Nick had a bottle on the table wonder if he is an alcoholic too.

Her mentioning all the aches and pains worries me too.

Loved the future Beth...the hair. I think they are just thrown us off with the game. Could there be a grandchild in there future?

Could the "her" in the future be Tess's wife/girlfriend and the whole Toby thing/making us think it's Kate is to throw us off?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!