This is sad

Could be just a typo. Around here almost all schools have electronic signs. Someone made a mistake, it happens. I think it’s a little embarrassing, but doesn’t take away from the student’s accomplishment.

*Edited because I had a typo in my post. :rotfl:

It wasn't an electronic sign

Gotta be honest, it took me a minute to remember speech is spelled with two e's. I was 40 before I learned dilemma didn't have an "n" in it. And I'm an English major!

In fact, I was ranting at my wife a few days ago (another English major and teacher) about how it's dumb that "her" is both the third person female objective and possessive pronoun (except when it's "hers").

There are a lot of people who don't know there is not an 'A' in definite,

I've seen enough of the jokes that I find it harder to believe a teacher would set little Johnny up for the speech contest.

A few years ago someone put a sign up at our county library with a misspelled word on it. I called the library because I also work for the county and know the librarians there. They were mortified and the sign was removed immediately and corrected. They thanked my profusely because I called and let them know in a kind way.

Haven't you ever had a moment where a word that you've spelled correctly hundreds of times suddenly looks wrong? And then you second guess yourself trying to figure out why it doesn't look right. It happens to me (senior moment at 45?) and I'm a decent speller. It's like my brain short circuits.

Misspellings happen.

Haven't you ever had a moment where a word that you've spelled correctly hundreds of times suddenly looks wrong? And then you second guess yourself trying to figure out why it doesn't look right. It happens to me (senior moment at 45?) and I'm a decent speller. It's like my brain short circuits.

Misspellings happen.
Right, but no one at the school noticed it yet???

I work in a not so great school district & recently overheard a training for the principals where the lady said the skill she was referring to would become so familiar that the teachers will start doing it “unconsciously”.

I'm in my 40's and still spell 'their' wrong when I type. I just figure it out before I hit "send" so I can't say anything about the person who created that message except- proofreading is fundamental :rotfl:
They’re going to their house because you’re there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!