This doesn’t sound good (EMH going away?)

So I just read that they’re adding extra extra magic hours in all of the parks starting in Sept. So looks like ppl freaked for nothing...as usual.

Wait what hours were added?

Shocked .. thought they would go the reverse direction with this and offer less hours.
BUT EMH hours in 3 of the parks EVERY day? (if I read that correctly) .. they must be anticipating some huge crowds and want to spread it out!

Or...they are trying to entice people to book on-site stays.

That’s exactly what they are doing. I’m presuming on site bookings aren’t where they want them to be. Rather than offering a new discount, they are making it virtually impossible to get into SW:GE without an insane wait without being on site (with the added bonus of early admission to 2 other parks). It’s genius.

You quoted Cinderumbrella’s post and said “But keep freaking out if YOU prefer.”

To me, quoting her and adding the “if YOU prefer” came off as specific to Cinderumbrella.
My original post was just in general. She said there was every reason to believe it’ll stay that way in October b/c that’s how it is now. Then I responded with the bolded. She clarified it didn’t apply to her anyway.

Shocked .. thought they would go the reverse direction with this and offer less hours.
BUT EMH hours in 3 of the parks EVERY day? (if I read that correctly) .. they must be anticipating some huge crowds and want to spread it out!
That’s what I figure. For all those who thought SWGE won’t be that bad crowd-wise, I think that’s our answer.

That’s what I figure. For all those who thought SWGE won’t be that bad crowd-wise, I think that’s our answer.

What I think is that most thought SWGE would only effect DHS. Well, let's look and think that again with 3 of the 4 parks having EMH everyday for 2 months. I'm wondering why EPCOT isn't included. Considering it's closest to DHS, you would think it would to alleviate some of the SWGE crowds if need be.

I am actually shocked that Disney is allowing guests something like this for “free”...especially since Early Morning Magic is so popular. I was sure there would be some type of upcharge event in order to be in the parks that early.

My original post was just in general. She said there was every reason to believe it’ll stay that way in October b/c that’s how it is now. Then I responded with the bolded. She clarified it didn’t apply to her anyway.

Why wouldn’t it apply?
Original hours came out- no PM EMH at MK
Huge update today through 11/2- still no PM EMH at any park except Epcot. If they were coming back, today would have been the day to do it.

I said it does t personally affect me, but the fact remains right now that PM EMH at MK end in September and there’s no reason to think that they are coming back.

What I think is that most thought SWGE would only effect DHS. Well, let's look and think that again with 3 of the 4 parks having EMH everyday for 2 months. I'm wondering why EPCOT isn't included. Considering it's closest to DHS, you would think it would to alleviate some of the SWGE crowds if need be.

I am honestly surprised that many didn’t expect the other parks to be affected by SWGE...it is going to hit capacity (probably pretty early, I imagine) and many of those who can’t get in probably aren’t going to patiently wait outside the gates lol. They will venture off in to the other parks.

I am honestly surprised that many didn’t expect the other parks to be affected by SWGE...it is going to hit capacity (probably pretty early, I imagine) and many of those who can’t get in probably aren’t going to patiently wait outside the gates lol. They will venture off in to the other parks.

Those who didn't believe other parks would be effected, just truly don't understand how "big" SWGE truly is. I'm not just a Star Wars fan. So if I were at DHS that day and couldn't get in, I would march myself right on over to EPCOT and try DHS another time or another day. There are plenty of people who are coming who are not just Star Wars fans, they are bigger Disney fans, so of course they will find their way to other parks if DHS is utter madness or at capacity.

Why wouldn’t it apply?
Original hours came out- no PM EMH at MK
Huge update today through 11/2- still no PM EMH at any park except Epcot. If they were coming back, today would have been the day to do it.

I said it does t personally affect me, but the fact remains right now that PM EMH at MK end in September and there’s no reason to think that they are coming back.

I believe what she's referring to is the comment about keep freaking out. I think she was saying that you mentioned that didn't apply to you.

Those who didn't believe other parks would be effected, just truly don't understand how "big" SWGE truly is. I'm not just a Star Wars fan. So if I were at DHS that day and couldn't get in, I would march myself right on over to EPCOT and try DHS another time or another day. There are plenty of people who are coming who are not just Star Wars fans, they are bigger Disney fans, so of course they will find their way to other parks if DHS is utter madness or at capacity.

Exactly! I truly think it’s going to be ugly all across the board, just different shades of ugly depending on time and location lol

And I completely agree about being disappointed/confused about the lack of Epcot Extra Magic Hours. I am hoping they end up adding those as well.

I am actually shocked that Disney is allowing guests something like this for “free”...especially since Early Morning Magic is so popular. I was sure there would be some type of upcharge event in order to be in the parks that early.

I am shocked too. I think upcharge events will be added to the schedule at night in lieu of evening EMH on non-party nights.

Thanks for posting the link.

Yep thanks, that's an amazing advantage onsite. Starting to look myself. :yay:

35 extra hours a week?

Well minus however many there would have been.

I am shocked too. I think upcharge events will be added to the schedule at night in lieu of evening EMH on non-party nights.

I would honestly love it if they add fall DAH dates. I don’t know if they would do them at MK since the Halloween parties are a few days a week (I think people would riot if they took away even more free evenings in MK lol), but I would absolutely go to ones in AK or even Epcot. It’s time Epcot got some DAH love!

kenny the pirate just tweeted this

If the news / rumor I was given today proves accurate, there will be a lot of angry Happy WDW fans. Going to do some further research before posting.

Fixed the first post. :thumbsup2

Although still angry we lost evenings, hoping they come back.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter