Third fast pass in epcot?

We always pick Soarin as our Tier 1 and then we must do Spaceship Earth. It is my DS's favorite. Then we will do LWTL for our third or MS for our girls instead. We never ride Figment any more since most don't like it. They will do TT single rider while do something else. Nemo doesn't really need a FP.

If you're not planning on going right at park opening, you can always do a throw away one for anything. We've done that before too when we know we won't be in a park until 11 or something we'll book 2 throw away ones for 9 and 10, use the 11 one and be able to book another top tier attraction.

But you have to book and scan three FP in order to make more, is that right?
I was hoping that somebody would have answered this already.

Do the first three FP’s have to be actually ‘tapped-in’ before a fourth can be booked? I’m sure that I’ve read somewhere previously that if any of the initial three expire rather than actually being used, it causes a problem in the system which prevents a fourth from being booked?

EDIT: I somehow missed the previous post directly above which answers this!

Last edited:
Whichever you plan on riding closer to midday-Spaceship Earth or Living With the Land. 11am -1pm lines everywhere seem to be longest.

I was hoping that somebody would have answered this already.

Do the first three FP’s have to be actually ‘tapped-in’ before a fourth can be booked? I’m sure that I’ve read somewhere previously that if any of the initial three expire rather than actually being used, it causes a problem in the system which prevents a fourth from being booked?

EDIT: I somehow missed the previous post directly above which answers this!

In theory letting them expire should work....we've had it work well. In practice, that doesn't always happen...we've also had them not fall off once expired. If you're not going to be there early then set them up and hope they expire but also be prepared to have to add and use a couple tier 2 FP's if it doesn't work.

Living with the Land gets my vote. The Spaceship Earth FP queue is awful, we just go later in the day day when the queue is much shorter, we usually go in the afternoon-evening when the line doesn't exist. Go around 11am and you're looking at 20-30 minutes in the FP queue.

The Spaceship Earth FP queue was so long we thought the ride was down! I think we had a 12:15, and we started to worry we would miss our 1:15 FEA FP. On the same Friday in January, we waited 30-45 minutes for LWTL standby.

I, too, am unsure what our two Tier 2 FPs will be. Based on wait times, I think SSE and LWTL, but I don't want to be criss-crossing the park in the morning. I also don't know where we will enter the park since Skyliner opening is uncertain. I'm thinking we'll do a 10 am Tier 1 and then refresh depending on what we did at rope drop. (Or should we book a 9:00 SSE to use up our Tier 1 faster?) Three weeks left to decide...

Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land are usually our "burner" FPs. I try and book them for as early as possible so we can snag a TT or Soarin' or Frozen as a 4th FP

That you felt the need to ask this question is exactly why if I'm hopping I will never use FP in Epcot . . .

But if I had to, I'd do Spaceship Earth (unless with little kids who want to meet characters and then I'd do Character Spot).

That you felt the need to ask this question is exactly why if I'm hopping I will never use FP in Epcot . . .

But if I had to, I'd do Spaceship Earth (unless with little kids who want to meet characters and then I'd do Character Spot).

Just a note that Character Spot is actually a tier 1 (no idea why lol).

This is how we like to do our 3 Fast Passes at Epcot. (Let's say the park opens at 9)
Our 1st FP is 9-10 at Living With the Land; then 10-11 at Soarin'; then 11-12 at Finding Nemo (We choose these 3 because they are real close to each other and we can check into them quickly without having to waste time running across the park)

We always rope drop, so our plan is to go straight to Test Track to ride it at 9; sometimes we can ride it twice if we use single rider option the 2nd time. (Or we ride Test Track and then Mission Space.) We can usually get 2 rides in by 9:45.

Around 9:45 we head over to Living with the land to get in the FP line by 10. As soon as we get off of it we walk over to Soarin' and use our FP. After Soarin' we are getting pretty close to our 11 am FP for Nemo. We usually grab a snack or drink or something before we head to Nemo.

So by 11am-ish we've been on Test Track twice (or once and Mission Space once), Living with the Land, Soarin', and Nemo. As soon as we check in for Nemo we try to get another Tier 1 ride, if none are available we'll grab Turtle Talk or Character Spot since they are close to where we are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!