Thinking of buying AK DVC iin Nov

angel659

<font color=peach>Have A <font color=deeppink>Magi
Hiya

Whilst on holiday Claire, Carly and I looked into the DVC. They are finally building at the AK, which Bruce and I love.

Bruce wants to have a look round in November. Its so exciting and I so hope he decides to go for it. It was so beautiful. I love the fact that a one bed can now fit 5. This will save us so many points.

The plan is to buy 160 points as an initial outlay. We plan to return back in Oct 09 after November 07. This would give us approx 320 points banked and we would need to borrow a further 160 points if need be to stay for two weeks.

Otherwise we will go for the duration of 320 points. Fingers crossed we would have bought more points then. I understand that you have to buy a minimum 160 points to join and then you can buy as little or as many points you like????:confused3 We can top up the points once my nurse training has finished.

I am so excited to go back in November and have a look around. The themeing is just beautiful and I fell in love straight away. Fingers crossed dh will go for it. :goodvibes

Hiya

I understand that you have to buy a minimum 160 points to join and then you can buy as little or as many points you like????:confused3

I hope your DH shares your enthusiasm :) The model AKV rooms at SSR are very attractive, and I think the 2 bathrooms as well as sleeping 5 is a real winner :thumbsup2

You can purchase a minimum of 25 points as an add-on, providing you are not using their finance, when the minimum is higher - sorry, don't know the figure then.

Good luck :wizard:

By Oct 09 Kidani lodge will be fnished and that is where the 1br/2bath villas are :)

Claire ;)

For Oct a 1br Savanna View will be 216 points a week so you could easily get 11 nights with 320 points ie Sun to a week Wednesday, avoiding the second weekend when points are higher. Or you could bank one year, use the current and borrow the remainder from the following year. Or pay cash for the remaining three nights.

Claire ;)

we bought last week at AKV when we were out there.

I think the minimum top up points is 50 from recollection..

Hope DH likes it when you show him the rooms .. they are just amazing arent they!?

Sammie x

For Oct a 1br Savanna View will be 216 points a week so you could easily get 11 nights with 320 points ie Sun to a week Wednesday, avoiding the second weekend when points are higher. Or you could bank one year, use the current and borrow the remainder from the following year. Or pay cash for the remaining three nights.

Claire ;)

Thanks Claire there are some good tips. I cant beleive it will be Oct 09 the 1 beds will be ready. Oh well we wont be going back until then. Otherwise I would be tempted to go for a week next year :lmao: So the DVC is stopping me. ;)

we bought last week at AKV when we were out there.

I think the minimum top up points is 50 from recollection..

Hope DH likes it when you show him the rooms .. they are just amazing arent they!?

Sammie x

Its amazing. I fell in love straight away. I am sure we will buy when we are there. Do I need anything other than a passport? Surely if they were financing it they would need some sort of I.D?

No you only need your passport, we signed up last month and it was pretty easy. :goodvibes

We had a long chat about it last night. The more Bruce reads the more he is interested :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yay if we can get the 160 points then we are def signing up. I am so excited. Bring on November :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I have read over on the DVC boards that some of the current one beds do have a capacity of 5 but only one bathroom! As for Kidani that is due to be open early 2009!

Claire ;)

Oh right. So will there eventually be a two bathroom rooms in a one bed in the new area they are building in 09?

Oh right. So will there eventually be a two bathroom rooms in a one bed in the new area they are building in 09?

Yes if you look at the models for Kidani that is one improvement they are making when building Kidani.

Claire ;)

Thanks Claire. I have just had a look. I can understand what your saying now. I think dh wants to stay standard view until we get enough points for Savannah view. When booking do I just request and keep my fingers crossed for Kidani?

I have left a message on my agents telephone number for figures to be sent. We want to take the deposit with us. My dh wants to definately buy out there :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks Claire. I have just had a look. I can understand what your saying now. I think dh wants to stay standard view until we get enough points for Savannah view. When booking do I just request and keep my fingers crossed for Kidani?

I have left a message on my agents telephone number for figures to be sent. We want to take the deposit with us. My dh wants to definately buy out there :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I am not too sure how the new points structure will work once Kidani opens but possibly like preferred and Boardwalk view at BWV, you can specify even though they are the same amount of points.

Claire ;)

...I have left a message on my agents telephone number for figures to be sent. We want to take the deposit with us. My dh wants to definately buy out there :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Oooh how exciting! We're bought AKV points after seeing the promo DVD earlier in the year - I'm sure you guys won't regret it... :goodvibes

Ohhh Michelle, so excited for you. bet you can't wait to go in November. It is such a great feeling to get DVC. We added on about a year after we got our inital points.

Bruce will just fall in love with those models. They are lovely. We had a lovely meal at Jikos and thought the resort was amazing.

Susan

I really wish it was me going out in November.....I'm excited for you:)

We bought at AKV in July and already I'm thinking maybe I could buy some more points next year..............not sure what DH will say though as he's far more sensible than me!:rolleyes1

Are the AK rooms going to be bigger than Saratoga Springs?

We have 'ownership' at Saratoga and hate going there. The rooms are so small, the furniture is oversized. We ended up with one child on the floor of our room lying on sofa cushions and my husband on his own on the sofa bed with the other child in bed with me. Total nightmare.

We won't be going back in a hurry unless we are desparate to walk to Downtown Disney - its only benefit as far as I can see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter